Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

The official UCF thread...

Grothe = Class

Excerpt from "Florida Today"

quote:
Grothe takes parting shot at UCF fans

While Saturday's game signified the end of the "War on I-4" rivalry between UCF and USF, the war of words between the two schools hasn't ended.

Bulls quarterback Matt Grothe told the Tampa Tribune he's glad the series is ending.

"I don't like their school," he told the Tribune. "I'm glad we're not playing them anymore. Because we're off to bigger and better things, teams that can hopefully say they're more of a rival."

When asked if he had anything to say to UCF fans, Grothe, a frequent target of the Knights' faithful had one parting shot.

"Don't mess with something you can't handle."

Wow...the disappointing UCF loss on top of the FSU offensive embarassment and this was one of the most deflating NCAA Football days I've experienced in awhile.

Rays made the postseason though!

And the Magic's jerseys come out Tuesday!

And the Bucs play Chicago tomorrow!

so it's not all hopeless...yet.

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

Wow...the disappointing UCF loss on top of the FSU offensive embarassment and this was one of the most deflating NCAA Football days I've experienced in awhile.

Same for me! We had BC in the first half...but as always, we allow the superior BCS conference opponent to take the game over in the 2nd half.

As for FSU...this was the year the 'Noles were supposed to bounce back! Somewhere, Jeff Bowden is laughing. If my Knights and 'Noles can't win, at least my Dolphins finally put up a good game!

Both UCF's and FSU's defences were playing their hearts out. Still don't understand why O'Leary yanked Greko who was their only offensive weapon (usually scramling for his life).

For FSU, when you all of three upperclassmen and your entire offensive live is made up of Freshmen and Sophmores it is tough to win against a veteran defence like Wake's (9 returning starters, 8 of them 5th year seniors) from a defense ranked 22nd last year.

Jeff Bowden can laugh all he wants but he is the one that left the cupboard bare recruting wise. The only veteran players left on offense made two of the biggest mistakes of the game (Antone Smith fumbling on the 2nd offensive play, Greg Carr giving up on a route that would have been a TD if he kept running).

FSU's defence was awesome and get 5 starters back this week. These guys could be among the best defences we have ever had by next year.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

FSU's defence was awesome and get 5 starters back this week. These guys could be among the best defences we have ever had by next year.

Totally agree...that defense was absolutely stout on Saturday.

Should be interesting to see them again, but this time with the 5 starters and against a much-improved Colorado offense.

BTW, I just read in the Sentinel that they're having issues selling tix for the game (which is in Jacksonville). FSU has sold approx 27,000 and Colorado has sold 3,500. They said there may end up being nearly 30,000 fewer fans in the stands compared to last season's game vs. Bama in the same stadium.

After watching that game and seeing just how many ways we stunk, I realize now that that the players playing prominent roles are still too new for us to really compete this season.

I suspected it against USF and BC, but when we play a conference opponent that hasn't won in 10 games and we allow them to walk all over us in so many facets, it tells me that this will be a long season for us (I pray I'm wrong!).

It just makes last season even more special.

uh oh kids.

This just got even uglier.

UCF is now in ESPN's bottom ten.

That, my friends...is not cool.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?page=bottom10085

quote:
"Lucky Town": Sure, the Knights are 1-3. Sure, they lost 58-3 at former Bottom 10 member UTEP. How are the Knights lucky? Well, they are only 37 miles from Disney World.

and even:

quote:
This week's Bottom 10 pillow fight of the week is SMU at UCF.

I am so sick of having the national media types continuously referencing Disney World every time they talk about UCF or the Magic.

I know it is preposterous, but I swear to you that I go entire days, even weeks at a time, without even thinking about Disney.

As for the ranking...I think we have that coming.