Ned Ryerson

The official UCF thread...

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

What, you mean you don't like wonderful articles like this:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-bianchi0608aug06,0,4056291.column

I didn't mind this one. Ever since the Shannon Owens article about Moffett I decided I was done talking about it. It's horrible that it happened, but it's time to get out there and play football again.

I just wish Bianchi would stop even mentioning the whole O'Leary boycott thing. By even having an column like this, he is keeping it fresh in everyone's mind instead of just moving on.

quote:

quote:

quote:

What, you mean you don't like wonderful articles like this:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-bianchi0608aug06,0,4056291.column

I didn't mind this one. Ever since the Shannon Owens article about Moffett I decided I was done talking about it. It's horrible that it happened, but it's time to get out there and play football again.

I just wish Bianchi would stop even mentioning the whole O'Leary boycott thing. By even having an column like this, he is keeping it fresh in everyone's mind instead of just moving on.

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/...08060341/1065/sports

This one is better.

quote:

quote:

This one is better.

Yeah...but the guy sure made a point of stating that his paper got the shaft.

Let's talk FOOTBALL people!

Who do you want at QB? Greco or Weatherford? My money is on Greco. His speed and ability to run the ball can make up for some of the yards Kevin Smith had and he has more experience... I really hope he learns to hold on to the ball though.

I was talking about this earlier this morning on the Sentinel posts...

I like the "dual-threat" of Greco and I feel he is our best chance this season. But if it is really close - if Weatherford is only marginally behind Greco - I wonder if we wouldn't be better served long-term to get Weatherford in there now. Under this assumption, he could be a four-year starter.

quote:

I like the "dual-threat" of Greco and I feel he is our best chance this season. But if it is really close - if Weatherford is only marginally behind Greco - I wonder if we wouldn't be better served long-term to get Weatherford in there now. Under this assumption, he could be a four-year starter.

Yeah... Our defense will keep us in every game, we just need a QB who won't make that many mistakes and hit the open man when needed. I'd give Greco the ball for the next two years... Then I'd watch out for Calabrese, that freshman from NY. Apparently he is a stud. Weatherford might get the short end of the stick.

quote:

quote:

Yeah... Our defense will keep us in every game, we just need a QB who won't make that many mistakes and hit the open man when needed. I'd give Greco the ball for the next two years... Then I'd watch out for Calabrese, that freshman from NY. Apparently he is a stud. Weatherford might get the short end of the stick.

I'm wondering if Weatherford's name might not get him a longer look.

I guess I do like the system of a QB starting his junior and senior year. It seems to work at the larger schools. Still, it is nice to have options at that position.

I'm with you guys in hoping for Greco for the next two years. He had some flashes last year (Memphis game) but needs to learn to slide. I've also heard that Calabrese has been very good.

What I'm really concerned about is who's going to step up in the backfield. With Phillip Smith gone will Ronnie Weaver be able to handle the load, or could Brandon Davis step up?

quote:
Originally posted by DLO:

What I'm really concerned about is who's going to step up in the backfield. With Phillip Smith gone will Ronnie Weaver be able to handle the load, or could Brandon Davis step up?

Talk about going from 60 to zero in 2 seconds! We've been spoiled the last six or so seasons by having superb starting RBs in Alex Haines and Kevin Smith. I wasn't concerned knowing that Philip Smith would fill in admireably.

But now....it is a HUGE unknown. But now is when we start having faith in O'Leary's overall program. He has enough recruiting classes under his belt that we should now have quality depth at each position and someone should be able to step up and secure that position.