Sign in to follow this  
PimpinORL

[merged] who deserves to be starting PG? Arroyo or Nelson

quote:
Looks good once those guys get well organice and I don't give a crap who will start give them all 50%-50% minutes :P this looks good

Exactly! Tons of talent + hunger = WINS!

Wow! What a game!

Arroyo!! He's Back!!

I think we may see him starting from now on and then competing with nelson when he gets back. I mean Nelson is a great player, but I have never seen him run the team like Arroyo did tonight. Nelson never achieved this kind of chemistry with the team, and its only Arroyo's third game with the team!!!! I think some posters here may want to get used to the idea that Arroyo is a real challenge for Nelson for the starting spot, and even a better fit for this team!

But I think we will have to see how Nelson does without Francis first before we get a definitive answer on this. But if Arroyo can keep this

Nelson all the way! He's much younger & quicker plus can shoot the ball much better. What the Magic need is a pass-first, great shooter & quick PG which Nelson fits into. When Arroyo gets a jump shot & some defense in the mail, then u can come back & talk to me!

Detroit dumped him to find another point guard. He is very talented, but plays for himself.

Take it from a JazzFans. He has the wrong attitude and until he changes he will never be a great player. He has tremendous upside but an inability to play for the benefit of the team. I have followed his career from Utah to Detroit, and he has not changed. I hope playing in front of a more home crowd will help him to change. I would like to see him succeed.

quote:
Originally posted by Nos:

Detroit dumped him to find another point guard. He is very talented, but plays for himself.

Take it from a JazzFans. He has the wrong attitude and until he changes he will never be a great player. He has tremendous upside but an inability to play for the benefit of the team. I have followed his career from Utah to Detroit, and he has not changed. I hope playing in front of a more home crowd will help him to change. I would like to see him succeed.

Fall back.

Arroyo was your most clutch and best PG since Stockon. He came into a situation where he was pressured into preforming like an all star because Jazz fans aren't used to see anyone else run the point besides John Stockon.

Arroyo with Kirilenko lead the Jazz to a suprising 40 wins eason, with the least talented roster in the NBA...they had Ostertag at center.

Arroyo got an ankle injury in Madison Square Garden, Preseason aganinst the Knicks, he was really hurt, but Utah is TERRIBLE at taking care of their players.

This is why AK47 is so injury prone, and Carlos Boozer is injury prone, they have terrible trainers and are a very bad overall organization.

After they traded Arroyo, they went 14-36. So obviously, Arroyo wasn't the problem in Utah, Jerry Sloan can't adjust to the new style of the NBA, he can't adjust to anyone else besides Stockon and Malone.

Jerry Sloan broked the NBA record with most games played without a ring. Since 1980 till now, zero rings.

Deron Williams has been terrible for Utah, shooting 38% FG, Arroyo shot over 45% FG shooting 33% 3pt, only 2 rebounds a game, only 3 assist a game, a terrible assist to turnover ratio, and averages almost 3 fouls a game. and only 8 points.

Arroyo averaged 12 and 6, while Deron averaged 9 and 3 in the same ammount of minutes.

Arroyo is a team play, he's always been since College, since in Puerto Rico, he got his teammates invovled in Detriot, and he's doing it now in Orlando.

Orlando now have a future, and Arroyo is doing his job getting guys like Howard invovled, and finally making them feel like the first option in offense.

Stop hating, Arroyo is a NBA starter, he's an inconsistant bench player in Detriot, he was Detriot's best passer, but his scoring was inconsistant cause his minutes were inconsistant.

The Orlando Magic will be good, and continue to win, you can hate on that.

Arroyos a great point guard, Jameer's a great player. Both of them are full of talent. Its all going to come down to the coach and either way as a fan what a situation. Its a win win, it'll be decided as to what needs to be done to benefit the team.

Exactly NBR334

Orlando has every kind of point guard

Nelson is an explosive all around point guard

Dooling is a lighting quick score first defensive PG

Diener is a pass first 3pt threat PG

Arroyo is a play making pass first PG with driving ability

Orlando is set at that position, its just a matter of Darko reaching a level he's productive off the bench, like today.

Jose, Arroyo is very talented but the Magic fans need to know what happened with his previous teams to make a decision about who should start.

quote:
Detroit Free Press

February 7, 2005

"He needs to know what we're doing after missed and made baskets. He's holding onto the ball too long. Instead of making the simple play he's trying to make the spectacular play. We just need to get him more comfortable with what we're doing." -- Larry Brown

A Jazz site that is no longer open has a glimpse into his troubles there.

Postings at Jazz site

more posted comments

I still wish him success, but feel he is suited to being a backup if he will run the plays.

Wish the Jazz had not traded Deshawn. The Magic were winners in that trade.

I think that if Arroyo wants to start he has to prove that he deserves that position. I mean, I think Arroyo is a very good player but as magic01 said

quote:
You obviously didn't get the point of my post. It was that Nelson has played w/ the Magic and shown what he can do. Arroyo hasn't. If we brought in a new player, they should only be thrown into the starting PG position if they are known throughout their career to be awesome/ or all star (such as Kidd) - unless of course there are injuries.

a buffet of PG's:

quote:
Originally posted by Jose:

Exactly NBR334

Orlando has every kind of point guard

Nelson is an explosive all around point guard

Dooling is a lighting quick score first defensive PG

Diener is a pass first 3pt threat PG

Arroyo is a play making pass first PG with driving ability

Orlando is set at that position, its just a matter of Darko reaching a level he's productive off the bench, like today.

quote:

Jose, Arroyo is very talented but the Magic fans need to know what happened with his previous teams to make a decision about who should start.

quote:
Detroit Free Press

February 7, 2005

"He needs to know what we're doing after missed and made baskets. He's holding onto the ball too long. Instead of making the simple play he's trying to make the spectacular play. We just need to get him more comfortable with what we're doing." -- Larry Brown

A Jazz site that is no longer open has a glimpse into his troubles there.

Postings at Jazz site

more posted comments

I still wish him success, but feel he is suited to being a backup if he will run the plays.

Wish the Jazz had not traded Deshawn. The Magic were winners in that trade.

That comment was in the first two(2) weeks of playing with the Pistons. He was starting to learn the Larry Brown style. I think right now Arroyo is a more mature PG and maybe he can continue producing similar numbers like that if he become a starter. But right know he have to do that coming from the bench, a more dificult task, to prove he deserves that position. Anyway until now I like how Howard and the team are playing with Arroyo. Let's see what happen with the time.

quote:

Detroit Free Press

February 7, 2005

You guys from Utah traded Arroyo for Elden Cambell, LOL.

Also, you forgot to mention what Sloan said on Arroyo during his last training camp with the Jazz and just before he got injured. Sloan said, Arroyo came into camp in great condition and looking like an All-Star.