Sign in to follow this  
PimpinORL

[merged] who deserves to be starting PG? Arroyo or Nelson

quote:
Originally posted by PimpinORL:

Yo seriously are you saying Carlos cuz hes good or because hes puerto rican? Carlos is good but Nelson is better.

is only your opinion not the truth,i believe both are great guards and i think Arroyo is new in this team,he can back up Nelson and am right with that,if Nelson plays better he desrve the starting job,if Arroyo play and dish better,he can seat Nelson,am not a irracional nacionalist,i love basketball.

It depends on what they see as more need assists or points .... Ive seen carlos in action and he gets open shots for everyone and nelson ca create more for him his a great shooter as well..... the thing is carlos can run a slow offense while nelson is more of a open court player like francis but hey this is not a fighting issue we both still magic fans ... I just want to see this team suceed like u do

Definitely Jammer. Carlos has to earn the right to start. Maybe he'll get it, I don't know. But Nelson has earned his spot and it will have to be taken away from him once he's healthy and ready to roll again. Good luck Carlos...

quote:
Originally posted by Kobe Boricua:

quote:
Originally posted by PimpinORL:

Yo seriously are you saying Carlos cuz hes good or because hes puerto rican? Carlos is good but Nelson is better.

is only your opinion not the truth,i believe both are great guards and i think Arroyo is new in this team,he can back up Nelson and am right with that,if Nelson plays better he desrve the starting job,if Arroyo play and dish better,he can seat Nelson,am not a irracional nacionalist,i love basketball.

Opinion? Dont believe me then go check the stats and bios numbers dont lie. Having Arroyo start and not Nelson would be stupid. Yea there are other factors but your obviously going to get more assists when your team is the pistons.

EDIT: and yea well just wait and see whos better but i have my bets on nelson fo sho

so r u asaying we dont start franis or use francis as a shooting guard an take our only serious defender an put him on the bench i dont think that will happen, i think turk will come off bench again because he plkays good there na hill plays better as a starter, an arroyo hasnt started ever in his career, an hasnt shown he cant get people involved, seeing as in his best saeon he only averaged 5 a game

look what im saying is that we put francis were he was intended to play in the sg position .... now we know that grant hill still coming of the bench so we could mix it up by starting stevenson or turkoglu in the sf .... and the starting pg depends on how the coaches see the need ..... although i still think arroyo should start ... no disrespect to anyone ... its that ive seen him here in puerto rico league plus in olympics and in utah ... GO MAGIC!!

Has francis ever shown he is a shooting guard though, ive never really see =n hm put up big numbers, but if he would then maybe he could play in the sg, but he is going to need ot show he can score consitently he cant be putting up 9 a game an excpect to be a sg. But is he can play like he did against newyork thne he should eb a shooting guard.

remember that francis has not have that chance this season to prove that....with arroyo here and his playmaker abilities i see francis and howard having lots of open shots and there is where francis is at his best

Nelson. I hope we trade Arroyo. We have enough PGs already and we could get someone pretty good for his 4mil/year salary. We need a SG. I hope we dont keep Arroyo aroudn just b/c of the fans he could bring. Think of the future and trade him for a shooter.

quote:
Originally posted by Icemansync:

It depends on what they see as more need assists or points .... Ive seen carlos in action and he gets open shots for everyone and nelson ca create more for him his a great shooter as well..... the thing is carlos can run a slow offense while nelson is more of a open court player like francis but hey this is not a fighting issue we both still magic fans ... I just want to see this team suceed like u do

not true,Arroyo is more and open court guard,he is better in transition than half court basketball,when Arroyo run,good thing can happend

How is Arroyo getting so many more votes over Nelson? Arroyo hasnt even played a game w/ us yet and deserves to start? Nelson has proven he can pass well, hit the big shots, and turn into Mr. 4th Quarter. I dont see how Arroyo deserves the start over him at all.

Maybe if we got an all star like Kidd for a PG then I would agree but Arroyo isnt Kidd.