Sign in to follow this  
TreyMachine

J.J. Redick Landing Predictions

I was watching the highlights of MIA / MIL Game 2, and I kept looking for J.J. but he was in none of the highlights. I looked up the Box Score and J.J. got 8 minutes.

8 minutes.

Previous game: 16 minutes.

Suffice it to say, I do not believe J.J. will want to stay around with both the direction of this team and the fact that he is not worth the money to them it would appear.

So - where do you think he end up signing this summer?

My answer: Somehow I see him ending up with one of the 3 Texas Teams, but could also see him in New Orleans next to his old best friend Ryan Anderson.

If Monta Ellis declines his player option then the Bucks may see Redick as a long term option there and give him a big contract to stay on. Not sure San Antonio will have the money to pay him and they already have Manu and Green but I think his style of play would fit in with Pop's system.

Without knowing the cap situation for either team I think Denver and Indiana are both teams who could use JJ's services.

I honestly don't see JJ staying in Mil even if they offer him a significant contract. I think he hates the place, as would any sane human after living in a place like ORL. I'm going with Dallas or Phx though I think he'd look best in a SA uni.

I agree with Chicago. Makes the most sense. Dallas also will have the money and will be looking to upgrade the position. I definitely don't think he is having a good time in Milwaukee, see: 8 mins., and I hope he has the sense to not resign there. We all know how worthless their FO is, and I would hate to see JJ stuck in a crap situation.

I could also see Boston or Cleveland calling. Anyone that thinks Dion Waiters is a future star at the SG for the Cavs...LOL at you.

I think Chicago makes a lot of sense, especially with Rip Hamilton not working out like they wanted. He was only a short-term solution to a long-term need. I think J.J. is much more of that for at least the next 3 or 4 years for them.

Does anyone know how much J.J. loses should he choose to not resign? Does a FA truly lose anything unless he's going for a max deal (and in that case an extra guarunteed year can be added on?)?

I'm not sure of their cap situation, but I can almost guarantee Boston will come calling to Redick.

It wouldn't surprise me if Garnett retires after this season. If he does, Boston is going into rebuilding mode.

He should have no shortage of people vying for his services. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to a contender and have another bench role. For me a team like Chicago or Brooklyn could use his services, especially Brooklyn.

An outside bet might be the Lakers. Might sound silly but with Kobe out for a long period of time, they are in need of a shooting guard that can put up decent points and contribute. Pair him with Nash for the start of the season could work, and then when Kobe returns Redick would give them a legit three point threat off the bench and a good scoring option as well. Not sure what their cap space is like, but it might be a good landing spot for him.

He should have no shortage of people vying for his services. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to a contender and have another bench role. For me a team like Chicago or Brooklyn could use his services, especially Brooklyn.

An outside bet might be the Lakers. Might sound silly but with Kobe out for a long period of time, they are in need of a shooting guard that can put up decent points and contribute. Pair him with Nash for the start of the season could work, and then when Kobe returns Redick would give them a legit three point threat off the bench and a good scoring option as well. Not sure what their cap space is like, but it might be a good landing spot for him.

Not sure JJ would want to play with Dwight, though. Chicago, Denver and Memphis seem the best fit for him. Contenders full of hard working character guys with something to prove that love to play together. I would love to see him on any of those teams. They can each do with some good shooting, and he can go back to being a spot up guy or catch and shoot off screens.

I'm pretty sure LA doesn't have the cap space (unless they want to sign and trade with Milwaukee), and there is no way J.J. would ever play with Dwight again. There were about 17 bridges burned on that end.

Not sure JJ would want to play with Dwight, though. Chicago, Denver and Memphis seem the best fit for him. Contenders full of hard working character guys with something to prove that love to play together. I would love to see him on any of those teams. They can each do with some good shooting, and he can go back to being a spot up guy or catch and shoot off screens.

Forgot about Howard. But if Howard did leave in free agency, then it would open the window for JJ to go and join them.

But I think he'd be a good fit in Chicago as an impact player off the bench, and the chance to go to an offense like Denver might be very appealing also.