bhnole

Official 2013 NBA playoffs Thread

Mo williams was Lebron's best teammate, but what if he wanted him there? similar to how Dwight wanted Turk back. These players make stupid demands all the time. I'm betting the Cavs did everything they could to appease James and in the end it just didn't work out. I mean, why else did they trade for Shaq? obviously to counter us but I'm sure there were other motives at the time.

I don't like having to explain my great dislike of the Heat because it would be pretty long and reasonable.

The main thing is, I hate having media propaganda shoved down my throat. A casual fan will fall prey to this easily. They'll be on the bandwagon in no time. Not only will we have LeBron so called "greatness" stuffed in our face by ESPN and ABC. It'll be stuffed in everyone's face. Even when i watch football, I can' help but here the guys name mentioned. Even golf! Even the Olympics of last year!

Having mostly self education inside and outside of the University, I see through all advertising and rather do my own research. When I've realized such advertisements were complete bull**** and psychologically manipulative, I just stopped watching tv altogether. I'll only watch tv unless its the end of the world or a world war.

The weak and injured Eastern Conference full of players talented players but no other real teams needs to put the monkey on their back. This conference has been overshadowed by the Western Conference for the past decade. Now, three players took advantage of the mental weakness of that conference and no other team has.

I believe LeBron James is the greatest player in the world. I also don't believe but KNOW he's heavily favored and undeniably favored by the league.

The Good. Tony Parkers shot at the end of game 1. Manu's one great performance. Danny Green's great performances and three point breaking record.

The Bad

The things I will never forget. Manu's -21 and 8 turnovers of 13 total on the team and showing up just for one game. A Turkoglu type performance i might add. Danny Greens 1-12 in the next game. 7. Tony Parker playing better than both of them while he was injured in the last 2 games of the series.

Looking at the mistakes of the Spurs, its undeniable that one player can single-handedly cost you a championship by mnentally checking out. Efficiency...something LeBron has mastered...and something that all our future players must possess.

Last night, Tim Duncan became my most favorite basketball player of all time in the history of basketball. His slap of the hardwood symbolized a player...that pushed himself to the complete limits of his capabilities to win....only to get disappointed by one roll adversity of the sport. Duncan gave it his all in his twilight years to get up to that stage. A great player who didn't take endorsements. A great player who isn't shoved in our faces. The guy played his heart out the entire series with a sense of urgency. None of the blame swngs his way. He's is the epitome of heart.

This one moment in sports will be my signature for years to come.

• Upvote 8

Jesus. This is a level of unintelligible ignorance that I didn't know was quite possible.

That was poorly worded (and didn't make sense at all).

Maybe he meant, after Lebron the talent drops from a to z? We all thought Howard was the answer but unfortunately got sidetracked with 5 women.

Ahem...my apologies. A few too many whiskey gingers talking there. Ibn pretty much hit on what I was implying - Lebron may be 'the best' in the league right now but I think the significance of the label deserves an asterix considering where the league is at this point in time and what the league does for him in favor.

Essentially, just like how I feel the Heat are so manufactured, forced and contrived...part of me wonders if some of Lebron's "greatness" isn't a bit inflated with the same.

I don't like having to explain my great dislike of the Heat because it would be pretty long and reasonable.

The main thing is, I hate having media propaganda shoved down my throat. A casual fan will fall prey to this easily. They'll be on the bandwagon in no time. Not only will we have LeBron so called "greatness" stuffed in our face by ESPN and ABC. It'll be stuffed in everyone's face. Even when i watch football, I can' help but here the guys name mentioned. Even golf! Even the Olympics of last year!

Having mostly self education inside and outside of the University, I see through all advertising and rather do my own research. When I've realized such advertisements were complete bull**** and psychologically manipulative, I just stopped watching tv altogether. I'll only watch tv unless its the end of the world or a world war.

The weak and injured Eastern Conference full of players talented players but no other real teams needs to put the monkey on their back. This conference has been overshadowed by the Western Conference for the past decade. Now, three players took advantage of the mental weakness of that conference and no other team has.

I believe LeBron James is the greatest player in the world. I also don't believe but KNOW he's heavily favored and undeniably favored by the league.

The Good. Tony Parkers shot at the end of game 1. Manu's one great performance. Danny Green's great performances and three point breaking record.

The Bad

The things I will never forget. Manu's -21 and 8 turnovers of 13 total on the team and showing up just for one game. A Turkoglu type performance i might add. Danny Greens 1-12 in the next game. 7. Tony Parker playing better than both of them while he was injured in the last 2 games of the series.

Looking at the mistakes of the Spurs, its undeniable that one player can single-handedly cost you a championship by mnentally checking out. Efficiency...something LeBron has mastered...and something that all our future players must possess.

Last night, Tim Duncan became my most favorite basketball player of all time in the history of basketball. His slap of the hardwood symbolized a player...that pushed himself to the complete limits of his capabilities to win....only to get disappointed by one roll adversity of the sport. Duncan gave it his all in his twilight years to get up to that stage. A great player who didn't take endorsements. A great player who isn't shoved in our faces. The guy played his heart out the entire series with a sense of urgency. None of the blame swngs his way. He's is the epitome of heart.

This one moment in sports will be my signature for years to come.

Wish I could give more +1s to this post.

I feel stupid because how sad it was to me to see Tim like that. He deserved the fifth title. I wish he didn't retire.

I understand that Jordan and others had great teams. But they developed and grew together at the core and had good coaching and management. Even Rodman wasn't an MVP candidate brought to make some guy look good. Imagine the Chauncey Pistons staying together in their primes. They looked amazing together even though they weren't all that by themselves.

LeBron is making sure he "fulfils the prophecies" and he loses no historical credit for it. He also needs to grow up a little.

Go Magic! Here's to the magic beating the heat sooner than later. And go Timmy!

The only thing I really hate about the Heat are the bandwagon fans (the ones that left before game 6 ended... just pathetic) but the team is pretty exciting to watch.

And, y'all call me a bandwagon fan......LOL......at least admit I don't hold a candle to 'Miami-Heat-bandwagon-fan-ism'.

Look at how they don't support the Marlins (the same team that won 2 rings in a 8 yr period). Look at that travesty in game 6........they are the worst fans EASILY in the US.

I pray that LBJ leaves their asses first chance. They don't deserve him.

I do not think it ever mattered where Lebron played it was just who had the cap space to get all 3 of those guys. If that team was Chicago or the Knicks they would all be there.

As a wrap up great post by O who has always been one of my favorite posters. I think with the watered down version of the East Lebron would have gotten here with Cleveland. He is just to incredibly talented not to win. I think their run ends now as well and maybe he goes back to Cleveland but who knows. Good for them for taking advantage of what was in front of them. Also the Spurs though less talented were an incredible adversary. I will always contend Pop should not have taken out Duncan in Game 6 since a 3 is a 40/60 thing anyway.

I look forward to all of these teams getting healthy and hopefully next year we will see more competition overall.

And, y'all call me a bandwagon fan......LOL......at least admit I don't hold a candle to 'Miami-Heat-bandwagon-fan-ism'.

Look at how they don't support the Marlins (the same team that won 2 rings in a 8 yr period). Look at that travesty in game 6........they are the worst fans EASILY in the US.

I pray that LBJ leaves their asses first chance. They don't deserve him.

He won't be leaving them.

They'll just be following him to whatever team he goes next.