bhnole

Official 2013 NBA playoffs Thread

I'd agree with this. For arguments sake, and this is for everyone, they claimed while Miami was on their winning streak they were one of the best NBA teams ever. Do you think their hard run in the playoffs hurt that? And where would you rank them?

Well, as much as I hate them, I also have to admit that they earned this title moreso than last year's. This one is likely sweeter for them. Sure, you could say that there needs to be a Westbrook-shaped asterisk next to it, but the fact is, they had to fight hard to get out of the East and they beat an excellent Spurs team that maybe even could have beaten a healthy Thunder team.

Having said all of that, I do not think they are one of the best "teams" ever because it is still hard for me to see them as a team.

I'd agree with this. For arguments sake, and this is for everyone, they claimed while Miami was on their winning streak they were one of the best NBA teams ever. Do you think their hard run in the playoffs hurt that? And where would you rank them?

The Bulls of the 90s would have punished this Heat team. I think the Kobe and Shaq duo, too.

Miami has some of the best players in the league, but not the best team. And they really do get ALL the calls. Some of the calls that went their way during that "amazing run of wins" during the regular season were just ridiculous.

LeBron and D'Wade get right in refs' faces and screams and I don't think they've ever been T'd up for that. Even Jordan didn't get away with that.

D'Wade flails like he's been struck down by god on every play, offensive or defensive and don't even get me started on his "great defensive plays." He's a great shot-blocker, I'll give him that, but some of those steals? Seriously - he might as well just put his opponent in a pile-driver.

LeBron? Okay, fine: LeBron's the best player in the league. Can't argue that.

I really, really, really want this Heat team to implode. They're just...awful. In the 90s, I hated the Bulls, but I respected them. I don't respect the Heat.

• Upvote 1

I think if Lebron is the best player in the league it's not because he's the best, rather it's because nobody else at the moment is better. There is a difference. A major part of his alleged 'greatness' relies on the fact that he can bully his way to the basket with his massive frame and then get away with gut checking, pushing, etc. with his off hand on the drive. Rewind some years back and he wouldn't get away with so much.

But it is true - my hatred for the Heat is almost entirely based on the fact that the team is so forced and contrived. There's seemingly nothing organic about them, including much of their fan base.

TEAM USA WINS THE MEDAL

I was wrong in saying the Spurs would take the series, as I watched Wade,Bosh,Lebron,Batteir,Lewis,Allen, etc hold up the trophy for the second time in a row. The Miami heat lasted longer, didnt have crucial mistakes, and lady luck was on their side some (F-ing Ray Allen.... sigh).

I will never give Lebron the respect a true champion deserves because I only give that to those who stay with their drafted team and win a championship. So in this case I give more credit to Wade than I do Lebron.

Last nights win for the "Heat USA" also puts a bad mark on the sport. Some of the guys I was with in Chapel Hill said what is the point for all other 20 something franchises, when the same handful of teams go to the playoffs year after year... its not even exciting anymore... Although the Spurs made it interesting, overall the playoffs was a dud.

Looking over all the games in the series, I agree with him.

Anyways, Congrats Miami. Now you can go and add another wheel to the bandwagon.

• Upvote 2

I cannot believe all the hate. I am a heat hater also and i dont like LeBron, but the dude had an amazing game last night and carried the team to the championship. He gained a little respect last year and he's now earned a lot more. Take my hat off to LeBron. He's a beast!

Miami has some of the best players in the league, but not the best team. And they really do get ALL the calls. Some of the calls that went their way during that "amazing run of wins" during the regular season were just ridiculous.

LeBron and D'Wade get right in refs' faces and screams and I don't think they've ever been T'd up for that. Even Jordan didn't get away with that.

D'Wade flails like he's been struck down by god on every play, offensive or defensive and don't even get me started on his "great defensive plays." He's a great shot-blocker, I'll give him that, but some of those steals? Seriously - he might as well just put his opponent in a pile-driver.

LeBron? Okay, fine: LeBron's the best player in the league. Can't argue that.

I really, really, really want this Heat team to implode. They're just...awful. In the 90s, I hated the Bulls, but I respected them. I don't respect the Heat.

David Stern is thrilled today....The Heat have won and Lebron is becoming the new "chosen" player (read great, favored, never capable of fouling, never able to be touched, never able to charge, never able to be blocked....etc etc). Stern and the NBA will ride him because they have no one else at the moment seeing Paul George, Blake Griffin or his doucheness D12 dont really get anybody excited enough to buy a shirt. Get used to a long few years of Lebron being the untouchable one and hour after hour of sport center highlights.

I think if Lebron is the best player in the league it's not because he's the best, rather it's because nobody else at the moment is better.

Jesus. This is a level of unintelligible ignorance that I didn't know was quite possible.

• Upvote 2

I cannot believe all the hate. I am a heat hater also and i dont like LeBron, but the dude had an amazing game last night and carried the team to the championship. He gained a little respect last year and he's now earned a lot more. Take my hat off to LeBron. He's a beast!

Its not really hate.

I have always thought that players who go to teams that are not doing well, and then turn it all around and win a championship are true champions. Ofcourse the players dont have alot of control in the adding players to the team to formulate the winning combination. But such is life, things happen.

Magic, Jordan, Bird, West, Duncan, Kobe, Wade, etc. These are the guys who get that respect.

Shaq, K.G., Allen, etc. These are the guys who couldnt get it done and had to rely on others to finish the job, but are champions (wont take that away).

Call me a sucker for a players loyalty.

As for Lebron (#1 SF), he is a great talent and player. But he still needed Wade (Top 5 SG) and Bosh (Top 10 PF) to give him that edge and ability to play free. And so that's not hate... just fact.

Late Add: Players who go to teams and sit on the bench and dont contribute, are no better than the players who didnt win the championship.

"Paper Champions" - Lewis.

Physically he's in a different level. I give credit to him as a special talent. But I can't like him due to the way he conducts himself and can't give him the credit as a champion because, after winning 60+ games with a roster, he acted like it was all on them and made the biggest team up in history.

It is unfair to me that he's credited as a top player in history and yearly MVP after that team up.

Simply put, I'm tired of him, the media, his bandwagon fans, his constant flopping and pushing, and the overall concept of the heat.

I can only hope somebody gets tired between the players and they form a superteam that runs over the heat.

• Upvote 1

Some of guys are carrying a serious grudge like we are still fierce rivals with LeBron. Just let it go, he is an amazing player doing big things and deserves props. I'd honsetly rather he be doing his dominating now while we are rebuilding than when we actually were a good team.