Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Official Game Thread: Magic @ Heat

The team with the worst overall record has only landed the #1 pick in the draft lottery once in the last 8 years! You actually have a better shot, statistically, of landing the #1 pick if you're NOT the worst team in the league at the end of the season.

That's like saying that if someone puts a gun to your head and says: "I'm going to roll two dice. Pick a number. I'll kill you if you're not right", then you shouldn't pick 6 or 7, the statistically most likely numbers on a roll of 2 dice, just because there is a greater chance of any number besides 6 or 7 than of it being 6 or 7.

That's not making a point. That's you not understanding probability, and trying to pass off your ignorance as a revelation for everyone else.

Your ignorance is your own, we have no use for it, you've illuminated nothing but your own gross inability to understand that "most probable outcome" doesn't mean "likely outcome", and your post has no value, making it the worst gift of all.

You get nothing. You lose.

Good day, sir.

• Upvote 2

smile_panicworker.gif

Dude why are you posting that panicking looking graphic as if I don't know what I'm talking about.

In the last 22 years of the current system used by the NBA Draft Lottery (1000 balls, teams given weighted number of chances based on final record) the team with the worst record has won the 1st overall pick only twice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Draft_Lottery#Lottery_winners) (Cavs in 2003, Magic in 2004).

The team with the worst overall record has only landed the #1 pick in the draft lottery once in the last 8 years! You actually have a better shot, statistically, of landing the #1 pick if you're NOT the worst team in the league at the end of the season.

I'd like to see you logically prove that to me. Please, just try.

Why are you surprised? Do you not want your favorite basketball team to win the last game of the season??? Do you really want to be known around the nba as the team with the worst record?? Take some damn pride in your team! Do you think that losing this game will miraculously give us the #1 pick? The team with the worst overall record has only landed the #1 pick in the draft lottery once in the last 8 years! You actually have a better shot, statistically, of landing the #1 pick if you're NOT the worst team in the league at the end of the season. In the battle of the sunshine state you really want the friggin MIAMI HEAT to win??? After 2 close games against them we should've won? And after the time before last we played them and the refs gave them the game at the end to preserve their streak? It baffles me that you are even on this forum and call yourself a fan!!

Doesn't really take a mathematical genius to find out that 75% is greater than 25% but what ever... Also what has happened before has no effect on what will happen now.

You know what I found strange is that Charlotte and Orlando potentially have a chance at getting either # 1 or #2 pick, lets hope like in 2004 if this happens we pick the better player again... please not a center this time though

You know what I found strange is that Charlotte and Orlando potentially have a chance at getting either # 1 or #2 pick, lets hope like in 2004 if this happens we pick the better player again... please not a center this time though

I'm alright with Nerlins Noel.

That's like saying that if someone puts a gun to your head and says: "I'm going to roll two dice. Pick a number. I'll kill you if you're not right", then you shouldn't pick 6 or 7, the statistically most likely numbers on a roll of 2 dice, just because there is a greater chance of any number besides 6 or 7 than of it being 6 or 7.

That's not making a point. That's you not understanding probability, and trying to pass off your ignorance as a revelation for everyone else.

Your ignorance is your own, we have no use for it, you've illuminated nothing but your own gross inability to understand that "most probable outcome" doesn't mean "likely outcome", and your post has no value, making it the worst gift of all.

You get nothing. You lose.

Good day, sir.

Twice in 22 years the worst team gets the 1st pick. TWICE. I hope you don't go to Vegas with that logic of yours. The odds are overwhelmingly stacked against Orlando getting the #1 pick and that is fact. I do not care about probability being raised of us getting the pick, look at history. History says it doesn't happen very often at all. History says any team BUT the worst team will land the #1 pick. I don't put the damn ping pong balls in the machine, I don't know why teams with the most #1 of ping pong balls don't get the pick but they don't. Would you go to Vegas and bet that Orlando would land the #1 pick when statistically it's happened only twice in more than two decades? Better yet, go to Vegas, they like to take money from guys like you