Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

The Official VC to Orlando thread. ~merged~

I have read all the news articles, threads, and posts on the probability of Carter coming to Orlando before the trade deadline and would have to conclude that it doesn't look like it will happen until summer, if at all.

Because of Turkoglu's good last game against Portland and the apparent return of his energy, I feel quite certain OTIS WILL BE FOCUSING CAREFULLY ON HEDO"S PLAY AGAINST NEW YORK AND DETROIT. Turkoglu is the likely the key piece that will be moved if we do anything with Carter before the trade deadline.

The Net's would favor Turkoglu over Magette (three way trade) because of Hedo's height and 3 point range. Magette comes off the bench and is a liability w/Cippers because they are one of the worst teams shooting 3's.

The Net's when trading Carter lose their best 3 point shooter.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

quote:
Originally posted by Draco:

quote:
Originally posted by Project Darko:

I understand where you're coming from with him not having a sidekick in the past. But (there's always a but), i don't think the magic are contenders yet. Still a couple years away yet imo. By the time the young players are ready, he'll be beyond his prime. So what good will it have done?

Maybe selling tix for a while, and getting some love from sportscenter.

I just remember all the "is Grant enabling our offense" talk a few weeks back. And i believe Vince's presence would lead folks to be asking similar ???s again, in the future.

The key youngs on this team, are still a couple years away. And the end of Vince's dominance is only a couple years away. To me that's bad timing.

I agree with you PC, im glad im not the only one that sees a potential disaster situation here. Sure, we will be a lock for the playoffs but we will lose games thanks to VC jacking 30+ shots.

You guys are both fools. I see alley-oop pass to Dwight dunks just like in the All-Star game. Did you not see Vince make the perfect pass to Dwight? Geesh Vince took the Raptors 1 game from the finals and he had ZERO help. If you think we are ever going to win a championship without a guy on the wing that can take over a game you are crazy. Ariza will be that guy HOPEFULLY in the future but he has a couple years to go. Carter is that GUY NOW and would more than likely improve Dwight as a player as well.

Pffft to that pass. Any professional can make an 'oop pass...you coulda made that 'oop pass.

I have a hard time admiring people that 'don't leave it all out there'. This just happens to be my opinion of Vince. He's a glorified highlight reel chucker, with a ton of talent...whom seems to give a chit, about half the time. Nope, don't come here to coast (or is it "cruise control") your way into retirement.

its unlikely that we can offer him the max. we may only have enough money to offer him half of what the other teams can offer him.

I think what VC lacks is someone who is dominant downlow, and with the Magic we have Dwight and even Darko if we can keep him.

There has never been a player that was able to far without a sidekick, even Jordan had Pippen. Kobe and Shaq had Wade.

To say that VC has not proven to be a winner is beyond me. Mainly because we are putting him in a better situation than the situation he was in Toronto and is in New Jersey.

What VC brings to the table is his ability to dominate games and score at will. Sure we have Jameer, but Jameer can just do so much.

quote:
Originally posted by Draco:

quote:

I understand where you're coming from with him not having a sidekick in the past. But (there's always a but), i don't think the magic are contenders yet. Still a couple years away yet imo. By the time the young players are ready, he'll be beyond his prime. So what good will it have done?

I just remember all the "is Grant enabling our offense" talk a few weeks back. And i believe Vince's presence would lead folks to be asking similar ???s again, in the future.

The key youngs on this team, are still a couple years away. And the end of Vince's dominance is only a couple years away. To me that's bad timing.

I agree with you PC, im glad im not the only one that sees a potential disaster situation here. Sure, we will be a lock for the playoffs but we will lose games thanks to VC jacking 30+ shots.

You guys are both fools. I see alley-oop pass to Dwight dunks just like in the All-Star game. Did you not see Vince make the perfect pass to Dwight? Geesh Vince took the Raptors 1 game from the finals and he had ZERO help. If you think we are ever going to win a championship without a guy on the wing that can take over a game you are crazy. Ariza will be that guy HOPEFULLY in the future but he has a couple years to go. Carter is that GUY NOW and would more than likely improve Dwight as a player as well.

Funny ProjectDarko! If he went all out and used his talent all the time then what? You would be bi&*hing and ctitisizing him for being a ball hog and one man show! If he did everything all night he would have the ppg lead and his team would hate him. So what is it you want AI or you want a proven vet that is a team player?

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:
potential destination for Carter with Grant Hill's expiring big contract and several expendable young players such as Darko Milicic, J.J. Redick and perhaps Hedo Turkoglu.

Dear Jesus,

Please make it Hedo, Grant, and a draft pick. Let us keep Darko, JJ, and Ariza.

Thank You,

WPMagic

LOL! Dear Dear Lord baby Jesus, or as our brothers in the south call you,jesuz!

(In case people think im crazy, think Talladega Nights)

VC's alley-oop to Dwight during the All-Star game looked like a nice preview of things to come!!!

VC has won his awards and carried too many teams scoring wise. T-Mac got tired of doing the same thing here and bulled his way out of town to Houston. Mainly because he wanted to play with a dominant big that can carry the load. Yeah Weispuck had something to do with it, but no big and Grant's ankle had more to do with it.

Whether he does it now or this off season is up to Thorn and Otis. If T-Mac knew his true intentions (which he likely does), I doubt he would tell some reporter. Those two have been around long enough to know better than give reporters a straight answer.

However he pretty much stated the obvious by pointing out A) VC grew up here B) He already built a home here C) Orlando now has an All-Star big to play with.

Does he really need to draw much more of a picture without actually confirming it??

quote:

Just out of curiosity have you ever followed VC or watched him much. You are saying the magic can't use a 20+ point scorer and someone with the ability to take over a game night in and night out. Your saying Hedo is better than VC offensviely and defensively. I played ball with VC in high school and have followed him since. I can tell you he is not lazy but can be known to put it in cruise control(meaning play team ball and not take all the shots)and then pop up and take over a game when needed.

From what I understand you don't want VC because he is 3-5 years from the end of his prime. Grant is going to be 35 this year and VC just turned 30. Saying he has another 5 years in him, and considering he has not had the health issues that Grant has, you don't think he could dramaticly improve this team and bring us our best chance for a championship? I will personaly love to see VC come home! In my opinion all this team lacks is that go-to guy/superstar that can take over a game and go off. And no by the time Ariza, Darko, JJ, and Augustine are coming along he will still be a all-star calibur player!

Rod Thorn would make one hell of a mistake if he didn't break up his current roster immediately. If he waits until the offseason he could get absolutely zero for Vince, and Kidd may not be as trade worthy once another season is over and his contract kicks into a higher level (this would mean that other teams would need to give up more to acquire Kidd to stay within the league salary cap rules).

Thorn may be just that stubborn though. He may wait for Vince to opt out just so he doesn't assist the Magic's plan earlier than necessary. He can trade Kidd now and decide not to move Vince just to make us wait.

I can't believe so many people want him on this team. Are highlights what you're interested in, or a winning team? Vince has never done much winning. He's lazy, and shoots too much, and thinks he's privilidged. Just because you have talent, doesn't mean you can win, he's proven that.

Yeah...let him come to make his last big payday, while he takes it easy jacking up shots.

I'd much prefer a young team, with charachter and work ethic. Instead of some entitled type of highlight player.

Signing Vince Carter will be highly REGRETTABLE. It may take a year or so, but you'll see.

VC interview yesterday with David Aldridge

quote:
Aldridge:

All right, you can save me a lot of phone calls. What are you doing at the end of the year?

Carter:

Uh, I