Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

The Official VC to Orlando thread. ~merged~

Here is an interest quote from Yahoo sports:

As currently constituted, New Jersey Nets president Rod Thorn understands his franchise has gone as far as it can with Jason Kidd, Vince Carter and Richard Jefferson. Between now and the trade deadline, he'll be working relentlessly to move Carter, but there's one lingering possibility that could lead to a parting of ways with Kidd.

And that would be the Los Angeles Lakers deciding to include 7-foot teen center Andrew Bynum, a Jersey native, in a package for Kidd. That's where Thorn's lust lies with the Lakers.

So far, L.A. has resisted. To part with Bynum, who has a chance to become one of the game's elite centers, makes no sense. In the end, does anyone truly believe Kidd makes the Lakers a championship contender in the two years that he probably has left as an elite player? He's 34 years old and is playing his best basketball in years for the Nets, but Phil Jackson's triangle offense has never demanded the presence of a true point guard.

Thorn wants what every executive with a mandate to dump star players wants: A package of young players, expiring contracts and draft picks.

"Thorn might be the most active G.M. in the league now," one Western Conference executive said. "He's trying hard to move Carter."

Carter can opt out of the final year of his contract this summer, but realistically, there isn't much of a market for him at near-max out money. For the Nets and Carter, a sign-and-trade could be a genuine possibility this summer.

Here is another interesting situation considering how much we need another big man.

It has gotten to the point, one Washington Wizards source said, where it is virtually impossible for centers Brendan Haywood and Etan Thomas to sit in the same room without wanting to trade haymakers. They went at it again last week in practice, and the Wizards have given up hope that they'll ever be able to get these two players to co-exist. The result is that Washington is listening to offers between now and the deadline.

If these rumors are true then maybe we could get one of these big men for a relative cheap price. I always thought Haywood was a solid player.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-notebook021707

edit: edited the title

Here is an interest quote from Yahoo sports:

As currently constituted, New Jersey Nets president Rod Thorn understands his franchise has gone as far as it can with Jason Kidd, Vince Carter and Richard Jefferson. Between now and the trade deadline, he'll be working relentlessly to move Carter, but there's one lingering possibility that could lead to a parting of ways with Kidd.

And that would be the Los Angeles Lakers deciding to include 7-foot teen center Andrew Bynum, a Jersey native, in a package for Kidd. That's where Thorn's lust lies with the Lakers.

So far, L.A. has resisted. To part with Bynum, who has a chance to become one of the game's elite centers, makes no sense. In the end, does anyone truly believe Kidd makes the Lakers a championship contender in the two years that he probably has left as an elite player? He's 34 years old and is playing his best basketball in years for the Nets, but Phil Jackson's triangle offense has never demanded the presence of a true point guard.

Thorn wants what every executive with a mandate to dump star players wants: A package of young players, expiring contracts and draft picks.

"Thorn might be the most active G.M. in the league now," one Western Conference executive said. "He's trying hard to move Carter."

Carter can opt out of the final year of his contract this summer, but realistically, there isn't much of a market for him at near-max out money. For the Nets and Carter, a sign-and-trade could be a genuine possibility this summer.

Here is another interesting situation considering how much we need another big man.

It has gotten to the point, one Washington Wizards source said, where it is virtually impossible for centers Brendan Haywood and Etan Thomas to sit in the same room without wanting to trade haymakers. They went at it again last week in practice, and the Wizards have given up hope that they'll ever be able to get these two players to co-exist. The result is that Washington is listening to offers between now and the deadline.

If these rumors are true then maybe we could get one of these big men for a relative cheap price. I always thought Haywood was a solid player.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-notebook021707

edit: edited the title

First off,

I cannot believe a) Dwight Howard's dunk, that may have been the sickest dunk I've ever seen and B) DH's game performance, unbelieveable. What an amazing pick by this organization and a class act.

Second, guys, I recall reading about this earlier in the season. Haywood was flat out getting outplayed by Etan Thomas and b/c he is a 'big time' player, he started poo pooing and demanded a trade. Well, DC basically told him to screw himself, quit complaining and play and so he just started going after Thomas. So... I would not want that guy on our team.

On top of that, Thomas is an intelligent guy, a class act and a hard nosed player, which are three things I can't say about Haywood. I think from back in the days of UNC, he has been overrated. Everyone used to talk about his 'potential' and if he 'ever lit a fire under his ***,' well he has never heard of fire and has got to be the laziest player I've ever seen. The dude is a seven foot waste of space that has hardly improved in five years and is only mad b/c he lost his spot to Thomas.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2652642

A DC columnist wrote about how much DC fans detest Haywood and often say: "...calling Haywood "Brenda" is disrespectful to every hardworking American woman named Brenda."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/20...v=rss_sports/wizards

So... how many of you guys want him in our locker room? Keep doing what you're doing Otis, its not worth taking on a loser b/c of his 'talent' (I say that mainly b/c Haywood has none).