Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

***Live Streaming Coverage of Venues Vote***

quote:
Anybody who's paid close attention - can you tell an out of towner if things seem to be going well...or not so well...or if there's nothing that suggests anything good or bad.

It's looking pretty good BRich... Should be a 5-2 Yes vote. However, most of the commissioners will attempt to add amendments before the vote. This has the chance to throw a wrench in the wheel... But if I was a betting man, I would bet they will agree on all three projects, and discuss some the the specifics at a later date.

quote:

It's looking pretty good BRich... Should be a 5-2 Yes vote. However, most of the commissioners will attempt to add amendments before the vote. This has the chance to throw a wrench in the wheel... But if I was a betting man, I would bet they will agree on all three projects, and discuss some the the specifics at a later date.

Thanks a lot WP!

Its kind of hard to pick up on certain things when you're not as familiar with the area. I'm learning a little bit though.

I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again.

My question is: Im not a resident of Orange county but been a Magic fan since inception. I was a season ticket holder for 9 years but not any longer (for other reasons than the team or its record or whatever). My question is why is everyone against the idea of putting the venues in the tourist section of Orlando. Now to me it really doesnt make a difference as long as the team stays in the area. Is the biggest base of the season ticket holders really north of Orlando, which makes it a tougher drive. Or is it that a private company would have more say in the complexes, which could or could not be a good thing. I just want to be enlightened, thats all. Thanks for your time

The recess just ended; public comments have just started. Mayor Rich Crotty estimated there were about 300 speaker cards, with each person being given up to 3 minutes each. We're in for a *long* night.

First few public comments have been supportive - we've had Jim Pugh, heading the PAC, and then Meg Crawlton (?), president of Walt Disney, all urging yes.

I want to thank Black and Blue's thorough coverage of everything that happened before the recess on his blog.

Hopefully "Marcy" and "Peppermint Patty" comes through for us.

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

By the way... Is it me or are the pro-venue folks totally outweighing the negative nannies?

They definitely are, but some of these guys aren't making a lot of sense....

Did anybody see the last guy talking about "XGAMES!" What an idiot.

quote:
My question is: Im not a resident of Orange county but been a Magic fan since inception. I was a season ticket holder for 9 years but not any longer (for other reasons than the team or its record or whatever). My question is why is everyone against the idea of putting the venues in the tourist section of Orlando. Now to me it really doesnt make a difference as long as the team stays in the area. Is the biggest base of the season ticket holders really north of Orlando, which makes it a tougher drive. Or is it that a private company would have more say in the complexes, which could or could not be a good thing. I just want to be enlightened, thats all. Thanks for your time

The basic argument is that building the venues in the tourist area would be building the venues for the tourists. Ticket sales would be evermore reliant on the tourist buck to fill the seats. However, tourists don't buy season tickets, and hardly return. These are for us... The people who support the tourist industry.

quote:
Originally posted by HighClassTrash:

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

By the way... Is it me or are the pro-venue folks totally outweighing the negative nannies?

They definitely are, but some of these guys aren't making a lot of sense....

Did anybody see the last guy talking about "XGAMES!" What an idiot.

Gotta love the scrolling buttons! I was laughing my *** off... A guy like that only hurts their cause.