Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

***Live Streaming Coverage of Venues Vote***

quote:
Originally posted by Tatoo Magoo:

hey guys, im in miami, is there a way i can see this or am i just gonna have to be on this forum for the next 3 hours, lol.

You can watch it on any of the local news station websites like wesh.com i'm pretty sure.

quote:
Originally posted by Tatoo Magoo:

hey guys, im in miami, is there a way i can see this or am i just gonna have to be on this forum for the next 3 hours, lol.

There are links on the first page of this thread to the video feeds.

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

Drain-O: is that Lindsey Lohan in a Bengals helmet???

haha...thats great...

You didn't hear. She was signed by the Bengals to play outside linebacker since she is so good at crashing into people. She's also going to double as a counselor at rehab for the rest of the roster.

quote:
Do they have a timeline to end??

I am just wondering how long they will take public questions for.

Some of the commissioners joked that they could be here into the wee hours of tomorrow morning - it's a real possibility that this could last until midnight or later...

The good news is that the room is packed - only people there can ask questions (duh) so there's always a limit...

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

quote:
Originally posted by Black And Blue:

I'm hoping we get some people asking how they let that Citrus Bowl guy talk for so long. That Tim Daly-looking guy was boring as hell and seemed to have the intelligence of a pile of mud.

Seriously? "that Citrus Bowl guy" made some excellent points. Bringing quotes from other cities that have been in our situation was priceless. Going so far as showing the economic decline they suffered was genius. These commissioners need to be reminded this is not all about the Magic and wanting a new arena.

Can't agree more Hutch. I think "that citrus bowl" (Florida Citrus Sports) guy was not only entertaining but made a VERY strong argument for his cause and, as a result, the cause of all three venues.

This isn't about the Magic, or the Citrus Bowl, or the performing arts center individually but about all three collectively. Any sound input from anyone involved is good input. People need to get over the assumption that the Magic are the only group involved with community backing. To the contrary, the performing arts center has MUCH more community backing than the Magic and the Arena people.

Let's go people start thinking big picture.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Fernandez is difficult to look at. I had to minimize the screen and just hear the audio.

...she's even more difficult to listen to....sheesh who votes for these bozos?

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

HCT: You had mentioned the Citrus Bowl was the venue you were unsure of... Has any of this changed your mind?

Not tremendously, but like you stated yesterday, it may be the most economically sound of any of the venues involved and that has to speak for something. As a result of the arguments I've heard today? I don't feel it necessary any longer to delay the Citrus Bowl project. I think it would be in the County's best interests to go forward with all three projects assuming it would require less financial strain than delaying the renovations.

Obviously, though, it still falls below the other two projects in level of necessity in my opinion.