Sign in to follow this  
nbr

Moderators going to moderate the board or what?

I'm not one to fuss over this but the guidelines are in place and when you see a moderator posting articles or leaving articles that have nothing to do with the Magic left in the main part of the forum, what effect may this have on the how others use the boards. We have a Milwaukee Bucks related discussion consisting of moderator participation and we have a moderator posting an article in the main area?

Basically if the moderators don't follow the rules how does that bode for the board?

An article may be important and some may feel sections of the board are overlooked, well bad luck, if people care they will look.

I'm not one to fuss over this but the guidelines are in place and when you see a moderator posting articles or leaving articles that have nothing to do with the Magic left in the main part of the forum, what effect may this have on the how others use the boards. We have a Milwaukee Bucks related discussion consisting of moderator participation and we have a moderator posting an article in the main area?

Basically if the moderators don't follow the rules how does that bode for the board?

An article may be important and some may feel sections of the board are overlooked, well bad luck, if people care they will look.

One of the arguments I had with WPMagic was a root of this. Anyway, I must clear this issue.

Articles we post in the Magic Links section are miscellaneous articles. Which includes articles like this:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...story?coll=orl-magic

on the Orlando Magic forum, we post there the Orlando Magic related news such as injury report, FA update, trade rumors, contract problems, or any things in that nature. Articles like this are posted there:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...story?coll=orl-magic

quote:
We have a Milwaukee Bucks related discussion consisting of moderator participation

Although that has unfortunately became a Milwaukee Bucks discussion, I do believe that the main idea of that discussion was trying to show an example of how we can have Brian fired.

At the time Marc has participated in the discussion, I do believe that it has nothing to do with the Bucks just yet.

And with the look of things, it will be moved to the Around the NBA section.

The point of that entire article was that the firing season had begun and that had to do with the state of our team. For that reason I left it in the Magic section where it belonged. If something takes a turn and goes in a direction that may not be exactly about the team, should we start moving every one of those?

Which brings me to my 2nd thought, I'm really sick of the complaining about how we are trying to organize things, for every person that complains about how we do things there are 2 that are glad we are doing it and vice versa. NBR we are doing the best we can, if that falls short of what you want, sorry. If I moved every thread that starts talking about another team or players other than Magic players I would be flipping topics from section to section. Would that make you happy? I would be moderating though.

Last night I had to close a thread that was titled "we won" and the topic was, "this feels good." That person was probably not happy that I closed his thread, do you think that everyone else was ticked off that I did? We are ****ed if we do and ****ed if we don't.

Well said Marc, there is so much going on at the moment that it is hard to keep up with EVERYTHING that is being posted.

I dont get why people become offended when their posts are moved, the policy states certain rules and we try our hardest to keep in line with those.

There is no way, even if we had 20 mods, that we could do this without making some mistakes, the fact that you are spending time noting where the mistakes are made is pretty petty.

If anyone has an issue with the way things are done the send us a PM and we will sort it

quote:
I dont get why people become offended when their posts are moved, the policy states certain rules and we try our hardest to keep in line with those.

haha. I've had some issues about that with some posters. lol

I have a hard enough time trying to keep peace with the BELIEF thing...

You guys have to keep that and everything else in check...

If I can help...just ask

Keep up the great work guys...And I ain't sucking up...

I think you know that...LOL

And thanks for your help...Let's be the best in the NBA...JD

The title of this thread may may be a little to aggressive, so I'm sorry for that. For clarification the way this board is run, its pretty bloody good.

I only brought up the points mentioned as a caution, yet I can see how it may seem as an attack or disappointment. But there isn't any. As stated its simply a caution as I believe people will feel a right to post how they want and use such threads in reference.

Fendi - I wasn't aware of the distinction between articles, but again thank you fendi for the clarification.

Marc - Sorry to rat you out. Its a matter that could've and probably should've been discussed via pm, however it is a comment on the board as a whole and in turn could effect the board. The thread was Milwaukee based with a link to the site, I took it as non magic related.

Adam - I'm not one to be offended, I just wanted to point an issue out that I thought in time could effect the board.

Lastly - again this board is more than well run and this was only throwing caution in the wind. I hope that my comments weren't taken as disrespectful cause those who are moderators no full well my appreciation in getting to know through this board.