Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Bledsoe would have a $6.7M cap hold for 2014, so what you save is minimal until you decide what to do with him.

I am pretty confident the Magic will resign him anyway.

But he provides more cap flexibilty than Afflalo.

But he provides more cap flexibilty than Afflalo.

I like having a one year rental to take Bledsoe for a test drive. With Afflalo's hard cap number gone we can fit two max contracts under the cap if we decide to go that route.

Clippers are insane if they think they will get Harkless or our #2 pick along with Afflalo/Nicholson. Would be cheaper to pick up a late lotto pick and grab one of the PG prospects.

The trade is really win win. Afflalo gets to go home and play in LA which clearly he loves. The Magic get a PGWTUP. So there you go.

The Clippers are adding that 1st rounder in and leaking it. That's what they want, but it probably will not happen.

Every trade the Magic are discussing results in them getting back contracts that either expire or have a team option for 13/14. Rob knows what he is doing.

This is also why you are wrong about one thing - the best player in that trade is Bledsoe. Afflalo's contract lessens his value and Bledsoe's goes up. The magic would free up close to 10 mm for next offseason with this trade

And as an added bonus, that $10M gets the DeVos family back 1/6 of the money they ate on the Gilbert Arenas amnesty. OUCH. No wonder Otis hasn't come out of hiding since he was fired.

You said it before I did.. it sounds for all the world in Kyler's article that he got something from a Clippers source. Why would the "secretive Magic front office" suddenly be talking to Steve Kyler all of a sudden?

By the way, it was so mega-awesome how Popovich pwned Kyler in the post-game press conference after Game 6. (when he was stupidly asked how the Spurs would get ready for Game 7, and Pop said they were going to get on a bus and drive to the arena and play ball)

LMAO that was Kyler who asked that question? I remember lol when I saw that post-game press conference, and now that I know it was Kyler, makes it even more funnier.

I like having a one year rental to take Bledsoe for a test drive. With Afflalo's hard cap number gone we can fit two max contracts under the cap if we decide to go that route.

Clippers are insane if they think they will get Harkless or our #2 pick along with Afflalo/Nicholson. Would be cheaper to pick up a late lotto pick and grab one of the PG prospects.

They apparently think Otis Smith still works for the Magic, because he would have pulled that trigger and thrown in a S&T to boost Bledsoe's salary and 1st round picks for the next ten years...

LMAO that was Kyler who asked that question? I remember lol when I saw that post-game press conference, and now that I know it was Kyler, makes it even more funnier.

Yeah, my ears perked up when he introduced himself.. and sure enough, there came the dumb question. Top 5 press conference moment as a b-ball fan, SO funny.

They apparently think Otis Smith still works for the Magic, because he would have pulled that trigger and thrown in a S&T to boost Bledsoe's salary and 1st round picks for the next ten years...

Otis would have never traded for Bledsoe in the first place. He was more into injured and/or over the hill guys that never were that good in the first place. Bledsoe is actually talented and well salaried....definately not an Otis guy. That being said if this were one of those guys, then yes, he'd be on that trade like a bum on a ham sandwich.

Magic seem to have done a lot of homework on Noel. I just don't trust a 7' with knee problems (in HS and College). Its known that he won't be ready to play till Dec, but if the Magic draft him I hope their plan is to keep him in the weight room all year. Bring him out, ready for the '14 season along side our '14 draft pick.

Magic seem to have done a lot of homework on Noel. I just don't trust a 7' with knee problems (in HS and College). Its known that he won't be ready to play till Dec, but if the Magic draft him I hope their plan is to keep him in the weight room all year. Bring him out, ready for the '14 season along side our '14 draft pick.

Yeah I agree, if we draft him. I'm hoping Henny is leaning towards McLemore or Oladipo...I just don't like the risk with Noel (who was already a project before the injury) and would rather we add a solid player to our core (along with Bledsoe) this year and worry about the 2014 draft in 2014.

While there is an inherent risk in taking Noel, it underscores how poor the other options out there are given the consideration he is getting. If he's there at number 2, its a no-brainer.

If Noel had knee issues in HS and college, i'd stay away from drafting him in the top 5. He could easily be another Andrew Bynum...a player with a lot of potential, but with knee issues 50% of his time

• Upvote 1