Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Aside from that Jahlil Okafor (Top college recruit in 2014, most likely top 5 draft pick in 2015) has some great post moves for a guy his age, it's a shame we'll (hopefully) be too good to get near him in 2015. ( you can see some of his play on the full scrimmage vid at draftexpress.com)

The only shame would be if we're still bad enough to be talking about such a high draft pick come 2015.

• Upvote 1

Biggest difference between the Heat and Magic: Heat got smart and hired Pat Riley to run the basketball ops and stay out of his way. Magic continue to hire rookies and have non basketball people leading the basketball operations. I hope Hennigan is what all of you hope he is.

I've talked myself into it. I want Shabazz. I think he can be great

Don't let these guys scare you off bro your aloud to have an opinion too Shabazz will be a one of the best players to come out of this draft

Biggest difference between the Heat and Magic: Heat got smart and hired Pat Riley to run the basketball ops and stay out of his way. Magic continue to hire rookies and have non basketball people leading the basketball operations. I hope Hennigan is what all of you hope he is.

We've set the bar real real low around here so anyone decent will look like Pat Riley. A labotomized manatee would be a significant improvement of our management choices of the past. Im comfortable that Hennigan will be a reasonable and decent gm.

We all hope this.

I think that what happens with the Bledsoe/Afflalo trade and if we can get Dallas' #13 pick, will have a lot to do with who we pick with #2 - and vice versa.

Assuming that the Magic use the Early Termination Options on both Hedo and Al Harrington, don't resign Beno Udrih, and make the qualifying offer to DeQuan Jones, that leaves you with the following under contract.

PG Jameer Nelson

E'Twaun Moore

SG Arron Afflalo

Doron Lamb

SF Maurice Harkless

DeQuan Jones

PF Tobias Harris

Glen Davis

Andrew Nicholson

C Nikola Vucevic

Kyle O'Quinn

If we can manage to get Dallas' pick, I think we can add a decent rotation player. Let's look at each move individually. Most of the mock drafts have at least two of the following available at the 13th pick - Michael Carter-Williams, Shane Larkin, Dennis Schroeder; so if you don't get Bledsoe, but you do have #13 to pick up one of those point guards, I say go out of the box and pick Otto Porter. My hope for #13 would be Carter-Williams, so you would have

PG Jameer Nelson

Michael Carter-Williams

E'Twaun Moore

SG Arron Afflalo

Doron Lamb

SF Otto Porter

Maurice Harkless

DeQuan Jones

Especially if you can get Carter-Williams, his size lets you swing Meer to play some off-the-ball/SG as well.

Obviously, if you do make the trade, you have to go with a SG, and either McLemore or Oladipo should do - I actually prefer Oladipo for his defense and Mac did occasionally play too passive in college. Assuming you don't get #13, that gives you

PG Eric Bledsoe

Jameer Nelson

E'Twaun Moore

SG Victor Oladipo

Doron Lamb

SF Maurice Harkless

Caron Butler (incl w/Bledsoe - expiring makes numbers work)

DeQuan Jones

Again, you can swing Meer or Bledsoe to play som off-the-ball/SG if needed; but you can also swing Butler over to SG some as well.

If you manage both the trade and to pick up #13, then if he is still there I think you still go Carter-Williams, if he isn't there you go with the best available SG/SF. Someone might drop, like Kentavius Caldwell-Pope, Shabazz Muhammed, or even Trey Burke or CJ McCollum. If none of them are left you should still have Hardaway, Crabbe, Bullock, Karasev, Franklin, or Rice.

PG Eric Bledsoe

Jameer Nelson

Michael Carter-Williams (if available @ #13)

SG Victor Oladipo

Doron Lamb

Crabbe/Franklin (if MCW not available @ #13)

SF Maurice Harkless

Caron Butler

DeQuan Jones

Bullock/Karasev (if MCW not available @ #13)

I don't see why some people are obsessed with MCW. He has a terrible shot and I think he is going to be a major bust.

NBA Legion ‏@MySportsLegion 1m

NBA has invited 10 draftees to the "Green Room" for Thursday: Noel, Oladipo, MCW, McLemore, Porter, Len, Bennett, Burke, Zeller & McCollum.

Can't make up my mind who I would like the Magic to take. Thinking MCW could be a Penny type PG, Mclemore or Oladipo are safe picks. If the Magic pull off the Bledsoe trade, MCW would be out. Two guys I do not want the Magic to take are Burke and Noel. Anybody else I can live with.

Can't make up my mind who I would like the Magic to take. Thinking MCW could be a Penny type PG, Mclemore or Oladipo are safe picks. If the Magic pull off the Bledsoe trade, MCW would be out. Two guys I do not want the Magic to take are Burke and Noel. Anybody else I can live with.

I'm not huge on MCW but I would be alright with it I guess. The two guys I don't want is Bennet and Porter