Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

uhm okay? I said their offensive games are very similar. Both are explosive, have range, good handles and IMO very underrated athletically. I'm not necessarily saying draft him, but I think he would complement very well with some other star draft player. Say we draft him and our lineup looks like Bennett, Vuc, and Harris, + Harkless and Nelson. That's a lot of spacing because all those guys can shoot. Harris and Bennett can do multiple things on offense. And defensively I like it too, because you know Bennett is going to be a 4. You can play Harkless and Harris because both are very athletic and have the potential to guard either 2 or 3, whatever the matchup dictates. His new draftexpress video is out and I like it very much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fmWXFy5amI

on a side note: Whenever we discuss players you always say something absolute, like your statement "Bennett is basically Paul Millsap w/o a motor." Like, what exactly does that mean? and why is that relevant? You're comparing a veteran player to a 20yr old and I just don't see the connection. If you mean specifically his defense, then yea it's something he needs to work on (mostly just effort). If it's rebounding, i'm indifferent since we have Vuc to gobble up most boards, and Harris who is a pretty good rebounder for his position. Bennett is a very good offensive rebounder which complements nicely.

Thanks for posting. If Bennett turns out to be Millsap then he would be a great pick, especially in this draft. For those comparing him to Millsap it's because they are built similar. Millsap doesnt have the outside shot or handle that Bennet displays. I think a large part of his defensive production, or lack thereof, has to do with the system and coaching at unlv. He has the ability to do it very well but it doesn't seem like he was pushed or even asked to do it. He was the main scorer on the team. If he isn't on Cleveland's short list for the top pick there is something seriously wrong with Dan Gilbert and Chris Grant.

Harris didn't really apply himself on defense last year. Given his youth he could still improve but I think it's a far better bet that he'll become a good offensive player while being relatively mediocre on defense.

Harris is a career 30% shooter from three to this point, so no he doesn't have range yet. There's absolutely nothing to like about Bennett defensively since he's terrible at it. And Bennett is similar to Paul Millsap because he's projected as a skilled, rebounding but very undersized 4 in the NBA who will struggle on defense. Those type of players are almost never successful unless they work extremely hard and/or are tough as nails, two characteristics that Bennett does not have.

Bennett is not "very undersized." he's only giving up a couple inches but more than makes up for it with his nice 7'1" wingspan. He's also 240lbs which is probably average for a PF, so he has room to grow.

Percentage-wise you are correct about Harris, but that doesn't give the whole picture. He's had really good shooting nights from deep, so his form is probably not an issue. He has range, he's just inconsistent. Further proof: at home he shot 41% but away only 23%

No it's not I think Shabazz went to a terrible school who didn't do anything to help him. The UCLA program is a disaster and the coach is too.

I've liked Bennett for a long time I see some Larry Johnson in him. Does he ever get to that type of potential only time will tell.

I'm a Michigan guy!! I think Burke can be great I've watched him closely for a few years. He's going to be good

So what do you see in Shabazz that he wasn't able to show anyone else all season long? I mean you can blame the program and the coach all you want but the player has to take some of the responsibility and almost every draft analyst, not to mention nearly every member of this board, has Shabazz ranked behind the players on your list. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, I'm just trying to understand the logic behind it.

So what do you see in Shabazz that he wasn't able to show anyone else all season long? I mean you can blame the program and the coach all you want but the player has to take some of the responsibility and almost every draft analyst, not to mention nearly every member of this board, has Shabazz ranked behind the players on your list. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, I'm just trying to understand the logic behind it.

It's the cloud of smug that hovers over him. You can't teach smug.

• Upvote 1

It's the cloud of smug that hovers over him. You can't teach smug.

Haha I got a kick out of that comment.

But to answer the previous question. He's so fluid basketball seems to come natural for him. Sure he's immature and full of himself. I just think if someone got a hold of him and taught him properly sky's the limit for the guy. To me he has the greatest potential out of this draft. I think he can be as good as Carmello or probably closer to Maggette. I think he'll be rookie of the year.

Unfortunatly he's doesnt seem to be a Hennigan type player so my hopes aren't set high. But the question was my top 5 not henningans.

Just my opinion is all feel free to disagree, it won't bother me any.

Haha I got a kick out of that comment.

But to answer the previous question. He's so fluid basketball seems to come natural for him. Sure he's immature and full of himself. I just think if someone got a hold of him and taught him properly sky's the limit for the guy. To me he has the greatest potential out of this draft. I think he can be as good as Carmello or probably closer to Maggette. I think he'll be rookie of the year.

Fortunately he doesnt seem to be a Hennigan type player so my hopes aren't set high. But the question was my top 5 not henningans.

Just my opinion is all feel free to disagree, it won't bother me any.

Fixed. Yeah, he scores but that's about where it ends with the guy. He may put up nice numbers on a crap team but he's definitely not a Henny guy...in fact he's the exact opposite. He's definitely not the kind of guy I want on this team that's for sure

What if we get the #13 pick from Dallas and Cody Zeller is there. How does everyone feel about taking him there?

What if we get the #13 pick from Dallas and Cody Zeller is there. How does everyone feel about taking him there?

Run away as fast as you can.

Run away as fast as you can.

I'm not big on him either but at 13 it might not be to bad of a pick. Surely there is a chance he can turn all the good workout stats into good court performance. He also wouldnt have to come in a start for us. Idk its late.

Though, I dont like shabazz unless he is after the 10th pick.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/06/15/in-defense-of-shabazz-muhammad/?ls=nbahpsplit3

The new perspective heading into the last full week before the draft is that Muhammad is still a possibility for the top 10, still appreciated for his scoring potential, and maybe even appreciated more than any time during his one-and-done UCLA career. Welcome to the recovery. Or at least the stability.