Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Just for fun i'll leave out Noel.

1. McLemore

2. Oli

3. Len

4. Bennett

5. MCW

I had medical knowledge that Noel's knee is okay he is no. 1. It was tough coming up with the 5th.

Anyone who plays against me in our fantasy league knows I'm not risk-adverse. I dunno, it's just a hunch.

1. Noel

2. McLemore

3. Oladipo (you guys + some research have sold me on him in general.. but I'd still prefer B-Mac)

4. Burke

5. Porter

With Burke or Porter I hope we at least trade back first.

Prediction: I think either Noel gets picked by Cleveland or they trade to someone who does. Then we pick McLemore.

For once I have confidence that by the time the night is over, we'll be satisfied Magic fans. Or at least most of us will. :shard:

Anyone who plays against me in our fantasy league knows I'm not risk-adverse. I dunno, it's just a hunch.

1. Noel

2. McLemore

3. Oladipo (you guys + some research have sold me on him in general.. but I'd still prefer B-Mac)

4. Burke

5. Porter

With Burke or Porter I hope we at least trade back first.

Prediction: I think either Noel gets picked by Cleveland or they trade to someone who does. Then we pick McLemore.

For once I have confidence that by the time the night is over, we'll be satisfied Magic fans. Or at least most of us will. :shard:/>

I can guarantee you that, even if we draft Ryan Gosling, I will find something to complain about. I'm here for you.

For those interested see below. Apparently i have pretty similar views to Ford here.

1. Is Trey Burke a future NBA All-Star?

Ford: No. Burke is a very good point guard and might be the best point guard prospect in this draft, but that doesn't mean he's going to be an All-Star. First, the NBA has had a renaissance of sorts with point guards and there are just too many talented young point guards already in the league (Derrick Rose, Steph Curry, Rajon Rondo, Kyrie Irving, John Wall, Damian Lillard, Ricky Rubio, Jrue Holiday, Ty Lawson, Mike Conley, etc.) with more upside than him.

Second, while Burke is clearly talented, he has several physical limitations that could make it tough for him to dominate. If Burke were a little bigger or more athletic, then my answer would be yes here. But to me Burke's upside is more akin to that of someone like Jameer Nelson or Mo Williams -- both one-time All-Stars before the influx of talented point guards took over the league.

Bilas: Yes. Burke reminds me of Chris Paul, just not as quick or explosive. But while Burke is not a Ty Lawson-like jet, he is far from athletically challenged. I believe Burke will be a successful point guard in the NBA, and will play his way into at least one NBA All-Star Game.

2. Can Michael Carter-Williams end up as the best PG in the draft?

Ford: Yes, if (and I emphasize "if") he can improve his jump shot. Carter-Williams sees the floor better than Burke or any other point guard in the draft. He has elite size for the position, which gives him a big advantage at the next level. Defenders have a really difficult time staying in front of him. And he's a top-tier athlete. As long as he gets a respectable jump shot, there's no reason he can't be who we all thought Shaun Livingston was going to be before he mangled his knee. Burke is the safest point guard pick this year, but if you're going to swing for the fences, Carter-Williams is the guy. If I'm drafting outside of the top 5, I think he's worth the gamble.

Bilas: Yes. Carter-Williams has size, length and athleticism, and the ability to play an open-court game and drive the ball to dish or finish. If he can improve his shooting consistency to where his shot has to be respected, he will increase his effectiveness. Carter-Williams has a good stroke, so with some focused work he should be able to improve his shooting. Many players have made improvements in shooting consistency once they hit the NBA.

However, I still rate Trey Burke as the better point guard prospect, and I also put C.J. McCollum right there with Carter-Williams.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9342043/2013-nba-draft-chad-ford-jay-bilas-debate-draft-top-point-guards

Alright Magic fans...

List your top five in the draft for the Magic right now. Ready go!!!

My current list:

1. Ben McLemore

2. Nerlens Noel

3. Trey Burke

4. Otto Porter

5. Victor Oladipo

Here's my top 5:

1a. Victor Oladipo

1b. Ben McLemore

03. Anthony Bennett

04. Trey Burke

05. Otto Porter

• Upvote 1

Alright Magic fans...

List your top five in the draft for the Magic right now. Ready go!!!

My current list:

1. Ben McLemore

2. Nerlens Noel

3. Trey Burke

4. Otto Porter

5. Victor Oladipo

2. Victor
  3. Mclemore
  4. Burke
  5. Noel
  6. Bennett

• Upvote 1