Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

victor-oladipo.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1363385688103

Agreed. I just think there is so much more that needs to be brought to a team than scoring prowess and Oli brings those other factors to the table.

Kwame Brown once destroyed Tyson Chandler in a workout. I do not know if Ben is a sure thing but I put almost no stock into an individual workout.

Kwame Brown once destroyed Tyson Chandler in a workout. I do not know if Ben is a sure thing but I put almost no stock into an individual workout.

Funny...this is probably the murkiest draft since then.

Okay I've now become afraid of Noel. smile_panicworker.gif

I think alot of people are.... If Noel had an offensive game that was sort of there before he got injured, I dont think the concern would of been that high. But lets face it, Noel is good at grabbing boards and blocking shots... in college. Thats all he showed. No inside moves, no consistent hook shots. I mean he is great at help defense. But not so great at setting himself up on the block and staying there without being pushed off.

When you have a top 5 pick, you have it for a reason and its because your lacking on quality players that produce. With Noel being a project as it is, and now with an ACL injury plus not being able to play for another year.... That just doesnt bold well for a team trying to make a turn around before losing their franchise to another city. At the end of the day that's what it comes down to.

That is the thing for me with Noel.

If you look past the injury and assume he will recover your still drafting a one dimensional big with huge holes in his game.

I still like burke and think he will be one to the better players from this draft and rookie of the year. There is no better pg in this draft and I think he has allstar upside that will impact a team. But, if there is a good chance we get Bledoeso, than I can see us going another direction. Bledoeso also has all star upside and is a much better defender. If the Bledoeso trade falls through, we also can get marcus smart / Kasey Hill / andrew Harrison / dante exum / semaj Christon in a pg heavy draft 2014.

I am not off the bandwagon for Burke but if we have a chance to grab Bledoeso than I understand. He is exciting. Though, I dont want to pay his price tag next year.

Burke is and will be a better pure pg that makes others around him better - with the ability to score. He will make all the right plays and lead a team as a pg should.

Bledoeso is the better overall player that is also a showtime player. Big dunks and plays with the ability to make people watch. He will not make players better around him, but he will be a good scorer. He also goes good with a lot of big pgs coming out next year 2014.

I think Victor is the best player in this draft. Lock-down wings that can guard both sgs and pgs, in a non hand check league, and the ability to be a scoring threat are rare. He attacks the rim and is explosive. Watch out, if GMs think he will hit open shots.

I'm fine with Oli as the pick, but I just don't know how well his release translates in the NBA.

Funny...this is probably the murkiest draft since then.

Completely agree. It's really a coin flip with all of these guys and that is scary.

With more and more Dipo love on here. I just wanna say I still don't see him being better than B-Mac. I don't like how he looks dribbling the ball and I dont see him going left a lot in highlights. Both can finish in transition, but any good athlete can. B-Mac is the best shooter in this draft and I've always favored the 3pt shooters. I mean 3D was my favorite player as a kid. Plus BMac really seems to want to play for us and I like that.

On Burke if there was a way we could come away with him too I would still be all over that. I think he is the best pg in the draft and I really think he could end up being something special if he goes to the right team.

I wouldn't get to worked up about McLemore declining to work out against other prospects. The top guys do this every year. It's really driven by the agents. I remember back in 2009 when James Harden declined to workout against both Tyreke Evans and Demar Derozen.

The Magic have been aggressively doing due diligence on dozens of players, but they are also looking at what else they can accomplish with their picks and their roster players.

Magic GM Rob Hennigan was routinely hopping around the gym in Italy either on the phone or sitting with different executives throughout the workouts in Treviso. It was clear he was kicking the tires on everything he could, but it is interesting to note the Magic did spend time with Dallas, who is looking at moving their first round pick and possibly a roster player to gain additional cap space.

Hennigan finished the tournament sitting with Utah’s Dennis Lindsey, and word is the Jazz have been exploring their options too.

The Magic were pretty forthcoming that they were still aggressively working so it’s unlikely that anything is real from the trip to Italy, but as the draft gets ever so closer don’t be surprised to see Orlando involved in a few things as there was a sense among the other executives that the No. 2 pick could be had.