Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Look.... If we had a full man roster with no significant injuries and still only pulled out 20wins.... Then I would be rowing the same water way with the rest of you guys.

Im not trying to be a pain in the butt, just trying to balance out the story line.

But the reality is that we had injuries that effected us in the win column, and trade column. No I dont believe we would of had a huge amount of more wins, but I do believe that some of those close ones could of been ours with a full squad. We certainly could of done better than 6 wins in the second half of the season.

So its hard for me to join you all in the "take talent" who cares about anything else crowd. I still love you guys though.

Is a meer-afflalo-hedo-Davis-Vuc. A 5 man lineup you want to build around for the long term?

If no, I'm not really sure what point you are trying to make.

We have 0 players on our roster who are 100% going to be on our roster in 4 years. We have several intriguing pieces but no untouchable guys. Thus you draft for talent, not need as you have no idea whose going to stick on the roster. You can go into the draft looking for positions when you already have a set nucleus. Or, you trade your talent you accumulated to get positions of need (George hill traded for kawai Leonard )

• Upvote 2

Is a meer-afflalo-hedo-Davis-Vuc. A 5 man lineup you want to build around for the long term?

If no, I'm not really sure what point you are trying to make.

We have 0 players on our roster who are 100% going to be on our roster in 4 years. We have several intriguing pieces but no untouchable guys. Thus you draft for talent, not need as you have no idea whose going to stick on the roster. You can go into the draft looking for positions when you already have a set nucleus. Or, you trade your talent you accumulated to get positions of need (George hill traded for kawai Leonard )

I can't agree with this hard enough. I realize having a team of five SFs is stupid, but right now, we don't even really have A star, much less several (despite BBD's best attempts). We have roleplayers. Roleplayers that were here to support a superstar that isn't here anymore, and now we're seeing that's exactly what they are.

We need to draft the best person in the draft available at #2 and then see what drops our way next year.

Depth Chart

PG: Bledsoe/Nelson/Kabongo

SG: McLemore/Lamb/Goodwin

SF: Harkless/Daye/Butler

PF:Davis/Harris/Nicholson

C: Vucevic/O'Quinn/Aldrich

this team would struggle to get past halfcourt, let alone set up an offense

this team would struggle to get past halfcourt, let alone set up an offense

They won't have any problem at all getting past halfcourt.

When I think of a starting point guard I immediately think of a guy who's ranked 70th in turnover ratio while being tied with Darius Morris in assist ratio and features a TS% of 51

Actually now that I think about it, I'd be for letting Bledsoe just shameball it up for a year as the tank continues;

On one hand you have kyler. On the other you have chad ford. And you side with kyler??????

No no no no no no, lol. I was trying to make fun of Kyler.

Ford said in his draft blog today we want Bledsoe and mentions Afflalo for Butler and him. Doesn't mention trading our pick in that deal too though.

Bledsoe would be a great player to add. We just need to wait until next year. I don't want anybody who might do something like win us a couple of games and knock us out of a top 3 pick in 2014.

It's funny how you guys are so passionately defending drafting "player x". It's one thing to have a preference, it's another thing to tell other posters that they are wrong. Any of the guys we're talking about could potentially be the best player in the draft and everyone has red flags and historical comparisons that indicate they might be nothing better than journeymen.

Uhhhhh.....that's just like your opinion and stuff man.

I'm with you Catman. Were alone for the most part on this forum though. I like Oli as well, but for me the pick should clearly be McLemore than everyone else. Too much potential to let pass up. And comparing the shots of Oli to McLemore is not even worth it, any scout or someone who knows basketball can look at the two's shots and see which one will thrive in the NBA and which one will go in occasionally.

It's fun to debate on here and here everyone's opinion but I really think it's McLemore than everyone else (unless we trade down).

Also, the Burke train seems to be losing steam on here at least as far as taking him a 2 is concerned. Wasn't but 2 weeks ago most people wanted Burke at 2 and didn't wanna hear anything else.

If what you are saying is true then just maybe we are rubbing off a little common sense. To me McLemore is clearly the pick unless he goes number 1. Burke is average at best. Otto Porter is going to suck. Oladipo is an energy guy with no offensive talent whatsoever. Bennett is a little interesting but not for my liking.

I don't expect Burke or McLee to end up in a Magic uniform next year. Not sure yet if I expect the #2 pick to be traded down yet or not; if we do pick 2nd outright, if I were a betting man I would bet about a third of a paycheck the Magic draft Victor Oladipo (unexpectedly as well). Call me a dreamer