Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

You guys will probably call me crazy but I would take Shabazz over BMac. Has a power game and lives at the rim. May not be as athletic and not as good a pure shooter at this time, but the kid lives for basketball. Don't know we can say that about McLemore. Shabazz showed at the combine and in pre-draft workouts/interviews that he is taking this stuff seriously and wants to get better. And he obviously has talent, seeing as he was the top recruit out of HS

I don't care about his scoring prowess. I'd rather take a role player who can do other things than a guy who only scores and doesn't make his teammates better. Those guys never end up on winning teams. See: Ben Gordon/Monte Ellis.

Chuckers be Chuckers.

Shabazz is a Chucker.

Chuckers be Chuckers.

Shabazz is a Chucker.

Not only this, but he's apparently a 6'6 SF with below average athleticism. No thanks.

Not only this, but he's apparently a 6'6 SF with below average athleticism. No thanks.

He does have a big wing span. I dont like him but it is a fact.

We've beat it to death on the thread but what REALISTIC scenario gets us in the teens to pick again in the first? Or get Dallas' pick? Are we just dreaming or anything have legs?

Minnesota wants to trade up, but we wouldn't get the guy you want

The Magic are a team that doesn't care about the poor depth in this years draft class. They know their team is in a rebuilding phase and any draft pick/young player is helpful to the future success of the their team. The Magic could go for any player this year knowing that next season will be another tough year in which will leave them with another chance at the first overall pick for 2014. So this year, just like last year and what will happen next year, the Magic should go for the best player, with the best upside available.

Rumours have swirled that the Magic are interested in Porter (mentioned above), Trey Burke, who made a name for himself during March Madness with Michigan and Ben McLemore, out of Kansas.

If the Magic end up deciding between Burke and McLemore, the one who isn't picked may end up falling in the draft.

May I also mention that the second overall pick usually ends up as a bust. Here are the last 5 second overall picks; Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Derrick Williams, Evan Turner, Hasheem Thabeet, Michael Beasley.

http://singhsportsne...y-teams-go.html

I agree with what you're saying but the thing that separates those players from Ben's potential is the work effort, and why I'd select Oladipo over him. With Victor, there's no doubt he'll improve because of his crazy work ethic. Ben has a perceived notion that he coasts on his natural talents.

Given the past experiences of the league, I'd rather build a team with players that work hard and give high energy than players with natural talents and perceived laziness.

I just don't think Ben is lazy.

You can't be lazy and develop a stroke that nice. It takes a ton of gym time.

Oladipo is a good player, but I am not sure what he brings to the table that we don't have. Aflallo works hard and plays good defense already. The Magic need an athlete and shooter on the wings. Oladipo can't shoot very well.

The guys that fit areas of need are Burke (PG), Noel (interior D) and Ben (perimeter shooting, athlete). I would be fine with getting any of those 3. I would also be fine with Porter as I believe he has a very complete game that could be really effective.

It would be really fun to watch Ben play SG here imo. Burke would be kind of fun to watch develop off the bench and push Jameer to the bench over time. Noel would be moments of awesome, and lots of cringe worthiness as well for at least 2 years until he develops his offense, but I believe he could be a B version of KG if he can develop properly.

We've beat it to death on the thread but what REALISTIC scenario gets us in the teens to pick again in the first? Or get Dallas' pick? Are we just dreaming or anything have legs?

It's all just a dream there buddy, nothing has legs you are just reading what we'd like to see happen

Hennigan will definitely shop some of the TPE around, if not all of it. It is such a huge TPE, I am not sure of the many ways it can be utilized, but I know Rob will try and get another pick via trade if he can.

Some teams like Dallas would love cap relief and no draft pick, so this definitely can happen.

Hennigan will definitely shop some of the TPE around, if not all of it. It is such a huge TPE, I am not sure of the many ways it can be utilized, but I know Rob will try and get another pick via trade if he can.

Some teams like Dallas would love cap relief and no draft pick, so this definitely can happen.

Yeah Henny should and most likely will use most of the TPE and I believe it'll be used to acquire another lottery pick. Dallas' #13 pick could become useful if you see someone like McCollum or Shabazz sitting there IMO. I'd be happy walking away with a combination of McLemore/McCollum or Burke/Shabazz when the first round is done. They could even use the 13th pick and trade down a bit and get Caldwell/Pope.