Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

And If u get Shabazz and Schroder and fall in the top 2 lottery then u get wiggins or Parker an your team is set

I like the scenario of getting BMac and Schroder and then getting wiggins/parker next year better. I think if we draft BMac we will trade AA on draft night.

I like the scenario of getting BMac and Schroder and then getting wiggins/parker next year better. I think if we draft BMac we will trade AA on draft night.

I'm ok with that scenario however can the magic get a 2nd pick in the draft without trading the #2 pick? Would AA be enough to get a top 10 pick without trading something you don't want to give up

What happens if the magic doesn't get top 2 pick next year then you won't get any of them. Besides Shabazz might be able to play 2 and 3

I don't think Shabazz is a can't miss prospect, and I don't see a place in the team for him. At forward he won't get past Harkless and Harris, and I'm not convinced that he has the ability to become an elite shooting guard. For me, I'd rather we don't take him.

If we miss out on a top two pick then there are other players with tons of potential: Julius Randle, he can play SF or PF, has a very good all round game, and has been likened to Chris Webber; Noah Vonleh has star potential and size to play either SF or PF; and Glenn Robinson III could be another option, and he's been likened to Andre Iguodala. If we haven't taken a point guard this draft, then Marcus Smart should be a top five pick. Now granted Wiggins and Parker are two can't miss prospects, but even if we miss out on a top two pick, next year's draft has lots of depth like 2003 when LeBron, Melo, Bosh and Wade went in the top five.

For me, I don't think having Shabazz would be any consolation, nor do I think he's an ideal player for us.

And If u get Shabazz and Schroder and fall in the top 2 lottery then u get wiggins or Parker an your team is set

I have to agree that Schroeder has a ton of potential. If we trade back then he could be a very good option for us if he is still on the board depending on who we trade back with.

My take on the 2014 draft is a little different from everybody else's. I can see Randle and Gordon both being drafted ahead of Parker.

Don't get me wrong I still think Parker is a great talent worthy of a top 2 pick but I think someone will fall in love with the athleticism of Gordon and Randle.

A top 5 pick will be enough to get a great talent, especially if Smart improves his PG skills.

And for the record I wouldn't draft Shabazz Muhammad with a top 10 pick nevermind #2.

My take on the 2014 draft is a little different from everybody else's. I can see Randle and Gordon both being drafted ahead of Parker.

Don't get me wrong I still think Parker is a great talent worthy of a top 2 pick but I think someone will fall in love with the athleticism of Gordon and Randle.

A top 5 pick will be enough to get a great talent, especially if Smart improves his PG skills.

And for the record I wouldn't draft Shabazz Muhammad with a top 10 pick nevermind #2.

I wouldn't take Shabazz with either my intentions were only to trade down to get him

for those that dont like burke, what is it about his game that you dont like.

I love Burke I'm a die hard wolverine fan! I just wouldn't take him at 2, I just think Schroder isn't very far behind him and has a higher ceiling and we can trade down to get him for a better deal I'd imagine. Only time would tell

I'm ok with that scenario however can the magic get a 2nd pick in the draft without trading the #2 pick? Would AA be enough to get a top 10 pick without trading something you don't want to give up

A lot of ppl think we will make an offer for Dallas' pick at #13 or has that shipped sailed already.

Yannis Koutropia from Hoopsworld on his choice for the NBA Mock draft.

Where things will get really interesting is with the Orlando Magic at two. They really have some great options. I could legitimately see myself changing where I go with them every week. This week it’s Victor Oladipo, simply because of the impact I think he’ll have on the culture of the team. While Ben McLemore may be more talented overall with better upside, Oladipo embodies what Rob Hennigan and Jacque Vaughn are trying to make Magic basketball about. He doesn’t take plays off, is a fierce competitor on both ends and has a disdain for losing. Point guard may be the bigger need, but guys wired like Oladipo are tougher to find.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-mock-draft-consensus-ver-4-0#6oMTyEmvLMAF2DHK.99

I could see this being entirely accurate regarding Henny/Vaughn's mentalities going into the draft.

We've beat it to death on the thread but what REALISTIC scenario gets us in the teens to pick again in the first? Or get Dallas' pick? Are we just dreaming or anything have legs?

Yannis Koutropia from Hoopsworld on his choice for the NBA Mock draft.

I could see this being entirely accurate regarding Henny/Vaughn's mentalities going into the draft.

That's funny cause I just mentioned this in another thread. Oladipo is exactly the kind of player that Orlando is looking for.

You guys will probably call me crazy but I would take Shabazz over BMac. Has a power game and lives at the rim. May not be as athletic and not as good a pure shooter at this time, but the kid lives for basketball. Don't know we can say that about McLemore. Shabazz showed at the combine and in pre-draft workouts/interviews that he is taking this stuff seriously and wants to get better. And he obviously has talent, seeing as he was the top recruit out of HS

If Hennigan takes Shabazz, I quit.

• Upvote 2

You guys will probably call me crazy but I would take Shabazz over BMac. Has a power game and lives at the rim. May not be as athletic and not as good a pure shooter at this time, but the kid lives for basketball. Don't know we can say that about McLemore. Shabazz showed at the combine and in pre-draft workouts/interviews that he is taking this stuff seriously and wants to get better. And he obviously has talent, seeing as he was the top recruit out of HS

The be all and end all for me is Shabazz only having a .8 assist average.

• Upvote 2