Sign in to follow this  
Osprey

The next president.

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

fan for too long.... YOU ARE MY HERO!

As for myself... I have fallen into the trap like many other idealists. I voted third party in the last election, and am proud of it. However, it looks like I will sell my soul for a chance to make it in the game. I have a few more months to make up my mind on which candidate I will support, and join the campaign. Then, hopefully they will win, allowing me to ride his/her coattails to the top.

I love Ralph Nader. He is a great man with great ideals, and a hell of a patriot. However, supporting him doesn't bold well for my political future. Please, convince me otherwise!

I am a Nader fan as well, compared to the other choices we have had he has seemed like the best choice. I took a lot of crap for "throwing away" my votes for a guy with no chance of winning but I felt like if I didn't start voting for a choice regardless of party affiliation now then when would people ever begin to do that?

I guess we found all 3 people that voted for him!

I think anyone other than George W. Bush is an upgrade and I am a Republican in the military how sad is that.

I would like to see John McCain run again but not this election because it would be very hard for a Republican to win this time around. It would be funny to have a president that I know for a fact is tougher than me.

quote:
I would like to see John McCain run again but not this election because it would be very hard for a Republican to win this time around. It would be funny to have a president that I know for a fact is tougher than me.

I liked John McCain. He seemed honest, smart, and holding an amazing resume. However, over the last few months, his "Strait Talk Express" has flown off the tracks. Instead of saying what was on his mind, something uncommon in Washington, he has regressed to saying whatever is necessary. He has cozied up to figures of the religious right such as Jerry Falwell and others, changing his stances on issues such as abortion. He has sold his soul to the devil.

Well if that's true then I have lost a little respect for him. Still, he's probably the lesser of the evils.

http://www.nrlc.org/news/1999/NRL999/mccain.html

1999- "Certainly in the short term, or even the long term, I would not support repeal of Roe vs. Wade."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MCCAIN_2008?SITE...=2007-02-18-20-23-58

2007- "I do not support Roe versus Wade. It should be overturned," the Arizona senator told about 800 people in South Carolina, one of the early voting states.

quote:
Originally posted by asia#1:

i don't care who is elected president, as long as he or she can get us out of the mess we are in right now.

The only way we get out of this mess is if we take the handcuffs off of our troops. I have talked to a few returning soldiers from Iraq and the one criticism they all share is the vagueness of what they are to do to accomplish their mission.

I don't like McCain, I think he flip-flops to much and I think his campaign finance reform bill is dangerous and counterproductive.

I don't see a clear Reagan-like candidate I can really get behind, so I am forced to sift through the masses to find somthing I can support, Democrat or Republican.

My biggest concerns are that of the economic nature. I am tired of big spending republicans and want to see some fiscal responsibility in the White House.

Right now, I am looking to go for Mitt Romney. I would chop off my toe if Clinton or Gore won. Obama is too inexperienced and I need to know more about him. I don't like Guliani's ideas. McCain would be my next choice after Romney however.

Romney describes himself as a Regan republican, (says Regan is his idol) and wants to dramatically drop the spending in the White House. I feel the economy would boom like heck while this man is in office.

I pretty much agree with him on all things that I care for.

-Abortion I disagree with, but not one issue I really care about.

-Gay Marriage, see Abortion

-He wants to lower the spending and eliminate our debt.

-Supports DP in heinous murders

-Wants to find ways to develop alternative fuels, wants to promote domestic drilling

-The waiting period on handguns and ban on assault rifles I don't care much about. As long as he isn't majorly favoring gun control I'm cool.

-Doesn't want to create free health care, yet wants it to be cheaper and easier to get.

-Against Illegal Immigration

-Wants to lower and simplify taxes (ala Regan)

-Feels that drawing out of Iraq would be a mistake, and supported going into Iraq, but feels President Bush has done a less than adequate job of performing there.

-A hometown boy (Born in Detroit)

-He has a powerful voice and is a great speaker

Good post Captain. I must ask about your point about promoting domestic drilling. Do you mean Alaska? Do you mean off the Gulf coast of FL?

As for Gore, he said the other day that he feels he can do more outside of office then in.

Also, I must pose this question. Why would you chop off your toe if Clinton won?

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

Good post Captain. I must ask about your point about promoting domestic drilling. Do you mean Alaska? Do you mean off the Gulf coast of FL?

As for Gore, he said the other day that he feels he can do more outside of office then in.

Also, I must pose this question. Why would you chop off your toe if Clinton won?

I'm sorry to bump this topic up, but I've had drastic changes in my candidates.

I dropped Romney, and now Fred Thompson is my candidate. Hasn't even said anything remotely close about running and he beats Romney in 95% of the polls. He has even won some, and has came in second in a few as well. He's an amazing speaker, and he just attracts your attention so much. He hasn't wavered with his positions at all unlike Romney, and he's not fake like 99.9% of Politicians. He won't say stuff just because it will help him. He'll speak his mind no matter what.

As for the drilling, I'm not quite sure. I'd have to look it up.

Hilary I believe is the Dem's version of George W. Bush. I just feel the country will decline even more with her in office.

Good luck in the upcoming series BTW. Like I said, the Magic are my 2nd/3rd favorite team, so it will be kind of a bittersweet victory/loss.