Sign in to follow this  
DBMagicMan

Magic Acquire Rashard Lewis in Sign-and-Trade Deal

Travis Deiner and Kieth Bogans are both descent players that arent going to get any playing time and they need to deal them for some big men. Or they could let go of Arroyo and let Deiner be the back up point

Jameer, Arroyo, Diener

Our front court was our biggest problem last year, but we chose to do nothing about it, even though one of the 3 best point guards in the league was available and willing to play here. They should be greatful of staying under the radar and come back (although Jameer's contract is still in the air but all lighthouses are pointing to "Orlando's Bay").

On a year were Milicic against all odds and one of the most blinded coaches in the league, he started to show the glances of the kind of player he can become and all the help he could bring to this team in a time where 7' footers with those abilities are a rare jewel, and Grant Hill had his best year and played most of his games to the point it was included in the ALL STARS GAME we decided to "trade" them for Rashard Lewis. Great move! Yeah sure.

A quote from JJ in the Sentinel in regards to the #7 jersey...

quote:
Playing the numbers game

Although Rashard Lewis never asked him, J.J. Redick said he gladly would have parted with his Magic number (7) if he had wanted it. Lewis has worn No. 7 during his nine seasons in Seattle, but he was given No. 9 on his new Magic jersey when he posed for pictures Wednesday. "There was going to be a price for it, nothing less than six figures," Redick joked. "Actually, he could have had it. I didn't really care. A number is a number, not a big deal to me."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-nbanotes1307jul13,0,598974.story

I wonder if Lewis will take him up on that at a later date. He took #9 without even asking JJ for #7 which was a respective move by Rashard. There's nothing holding him to #9 if JJ is willing to give up the number to him.

Better hold off on purchasing your Lewis Magic jersey from OM.com until this is resolved...

The more I think about this move the more it makes me sick, and how in the world can Otis Smith stand there and say how happy he is with our roster. YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!!!!

I mean let's look at it, I know we are all just fans, but give us a little respect.

PG - 1)Jameer Nelson, 2)Carlos Arroyo 3)Diener or Kruger - Not the strongest position on our team but solid enough

SG - Keyon Dooling, JJ Redick, Trevor Ariza Keith Bogans- I could not put these guys in any particular order because I dont think anyone really knows who will be the starter - We are unproven to say the least at this position

SF - 1)Rashard Lewis 2)Hedo Turkoglu 3)Trevor Ariza - Definitely a strength of our squad, if we do keep Hedo we need to find a way to put both him and rashard on the court at the same time

PF - 1)Tony Battie 2)Gortat 3)Augustine - This makes me cringe just thinking about it, Just terrible

C - 1)Dwight Howard 2)Battie 3)Gortat - Dwight is a beast but what the heck are we going to put on the floor when he needs a breather or is in foul trouble? Let's not even think about it.

So after looking at this lineup how can Mr. Smith honestly say he feels not good but great about our lineup. Makes absolutely no sense to me, please give me some feedback.