Sign in to follow this  
DBMagicMan

Magic Acquire Rashard Lewis in Sign-and-Trade Deal

Its a good pick up, but i feel the amount was excesive.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

I dont wanna hear anyone talking about how cheap the Magic are after this move.

lol, agreed.

But seriously, anyone have a link to the press conference?

I'm glad that we got Rashard Lewis, we needed wing scorer and we got best wing scorer available on free market,

could somebody expect more ?

of-course, with position we had we could and should get a lot more then this, so I'm extremely disappointed by our management work so far,

I will try to calm down for a few days to think about this off-season, and if I will feel same way like I feel now then I will write some details what mistakes Otis do and what they cost us and why I'm so angry even if our team is better then it was before

I wanted to bring up a couple more points. I know a lot of us are feeling uneasy right now, think about this, yes we overpaid but, we were a very tough team when Turk was scoring from the outside and extremely tough when he scored 20+. That wasn't just when Grant was playing, that was the year before as well. Well, Rashard is consistant and can put that up just about every night.

Here is another thing to think about, Dwight said he wanted Rashard to come here. I don't think Dwight was looking forward to another year of dealing with 3 and 4 players hanging off his arms in the lane. Dwight was coming up for an extension, I think it would have been very dangerous to not get the perimeter scorer we needed for Dwight. We overpaid but isn't that worth it to secure Dwight? Is there any way we could have survived Dwight leaving?

I feel uneasy today but I felt like I was on cloud 9 the day we signed Grant and Tracy and they started 7 yrs of pain. Maybe this will turn out better.

Looking at the big picture, I'm very happy. We should have two all-stars (especially w/in the eastern conf.) and a few great, young role players for years to come. Plus, we have great expiring contracts this year that can add another stud player come February's trade deadline. This is a young team with loads of upside. Go Magic!

yep - I made the same comment about Dwight to one of my friends. Dwight wanted him here - and he's due for his extension. We had to show Dwight that we wanted to win right now. Had to.

big picture - if our role players continue to develop - we can be a real problem. Probably a bad contract, but it was probably necessary in the big picture.