Sign in to follow this  
DBMagicMan

Magic Acquire Rashard Lewis in Sign-and-Trade Deal

I stayed up only to receive the last three words and a picture less screen.

We need to find out the details of the sign. Than I can decide whether I like it or not.

quote:
Originally posted by DBMagicMan:

We're archiving the press conference and will post a link as soon as we get it. We're having problems with the connection on our side -- sorry about this everyone.

No hurry, only been waiting forever for this day! ;-)

Dam, I only caught the last 20 seconds of it. No sound, just saw cameras and mics all over Rashard and saw SVG getting interviewed alone by this big fat dude in the corner lol.

Anyone care at least to report on what was said, give a run down?

We should have the press conference up within an hour or so, along with an exclusive orlandomagic.com interview with Rashard.

I'll post the links when they are ready.

Updated: July 11, 2007, 1:19 PM ET

Comment

Email

Print

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Rashard Lewis formally joined the Orlando Magic on Wednesday, leaving the Seattle SuperSonics after nine seasons when the teams completed a sign-and-trade deal for the high-scoring forward.

Lewis

The Magic sent Seattle a conditional second-round pick, while the SuperSonics earned a trade exception believed to be in the $9 million range.

Lewis agreed to terms with the Magic earlier this month, yet no deal could be closed until Wednesday, the first day that the league's free agent moratorium was lifted. The six-year deal -- Lewis agreed to a five-year pact, but the sign-and-trade allows an extra year to be worked into the contract -- is expected to be worth at least $110 million.

"Rashard is a young, athletic forward and a proven scorer in this league," Orlando general manager Otis Smith said. "We feel his skills will be a tremendous addition to our team and we are very excited to have him join the Magic family."

Lewis averaged a career-best 22.4 points last season for Seattle, where he spent his first nine years after jumping straight to the NBA from high school and going early in the second round of the 1998 draft. He's averaged more than 20 points in each of the last three seasons, and is the SuperSonics' all-time leader in 3-point field goals with 973.

Lewis' acquisition is the first formal move in what could be a busy week for the Magic, who reportedly plan to announce an $85 million, five-year extension with All-Star center Dwight Howard on Thursday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2932827