Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

If Oden is in the shape that he is saying that he is in then the Heat made a solid deal but it seems, like said before, that he is trying to negate the claims of being "done." Oden is definitely jeopardizing his health just to prove people wrong which could possibly put him in a situation similar to Roy. I personally think that he should have chose the Pelicans for the simple fact that he could've been a great mentor for possible all star Anthony Davis and other young prospects while showcasing his rehab progress in a situation where he wouldn't have much lime light and backlash.

Giving Brandon Jennings 8 million a year because Jose Calderon got 7.25 is a lot like burning your house down because someone broke into your neighbor's house.

In this metaphor, giving John Wall a 16m a year extension that lasts 5 years is the equivalent of burning your house down while you're still inside.

I literally almost slipped off my couch, I laughed so hard. :shard:

How many max contract players are actually worth the terms of their deals? Truthfully maybe about 7-10...the rest are overpaid and teams would do better having younger less expensive talent. It would really stink being an owner knowing you have to pay as much for a semi-star (or really good player ) as you would for Lebron. In order to compete it seems you need a couple of those guys. It will be interesting to see how Henny intermixes the high priced free agents with our young talented core!

How many max contract players are actually worth the terms of their deals? Truthfully maybe about 7-10...the rest are overpaid and teams would do better having younger less expensive talent. It would really stink being an owner knowing you have to pay as much for a semi-star (or really good player ) as you would for Lebron. In order to compete it seems you need a couple of those guys. It will be interesting to see how Henny intermixes the high priced free agents with our young talented core!

Henny doesn't really strike me as the overpaying kind, but who knows, desperation is a funny thing. Perhaps we'll get a glimpse of his spending habits next off-season?

I've got to be believe he'll go the Curry route and sign a couple of our young guns for bargain contracts when the time is right

If Oden is in the shape that he is saying that he is in then the Heat made a solid deal but it seems, like said before, that he is trying to negate the claims of being "done." Oden is definitely jeopardizing his health just to prove people wrong which could possibly put him in a situation similar to Roy. I personally think that he should have chose the Pelicans for the simple fact that he could've been a great mentor for possible all star Anthony Davis and other young prospects while showcasing his rehab progress in a situation where he wouldn't have much lime light and backlash.

Oden being a mentor??? Mentor on how to get injured?

I read a rumor that the 6ers want Duhon, if true we should just give up on the highest lottery pick, nobody can out tank a team whose PG rotation is MCW and Duhon.