Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

Dante.Exum

When you first posted this I said that, whilst I absolutely loved Exum, I thought he'd be a 2015 pick. I'm here to tell you that you were right and I was wrong... Exum absolutely dominated the Spanish team today in the FIBA U19 to the tune of 33 points on 18 attempts shooting 50% with 5 rebounds 4 assists and 4 steals (also drew 18 fouls... yes you read that right). He'll be pulling a Marcus Smart if he doesn't declare in this draft with all the hype he'll continue to get from this performance. Draftexpress just bumped him into #3 in their 2014 mock draft on his performance alone.

On the GSW topic I'd take Jefferson and Biedrins for a 2014 and 2016 1st, they're both expirings and will probably not play another second in the NBA after next year. Ideally I'd like to get Bogut and flip him to Utah but Utah could probably just take him from the Warriors outright.

I honestly do not believe we use our capspace in 2014 unless we get an "elite" player. Otherwise, I think Henny is smart enough to know that he needs to save money to make sure he can resign our core in the next 2-3 years.

I agree with this. Question though, and I am not trying to start and arguement, how do you define core and who are the core players? Reason I was asking is because I recently made a comment that I felt Tobias or Oladipo COULD be cornerstone pieces for the rebuild and pretty much got shot down. I am not a walking dictionary, but to me they at least have similar meanings.

I would do that trade potentially if it was all those players together, but individiually the 1st one does not make sense. We're not just taking on Biedrins to screw the Lakers. We need something tangible in return. A 1st round pick would suffice IMO.

Come on baby! Of course those deals would have to be together!

If Devos wants to basically use his jack through the TPE to simply get another pick, I'm down.

Exciting times

I agree with this. Question though, and I am not trying to start and arguement, how do you define core and who are the core players? Reason I was asking is because I recently made a comment that I felt Tobias or Oladipo COULD be cornerstone pieces for the rebuild and pretty much got shot down. I am not a walking dictionary, but to me they at least have similar meanings.

I define our core as Vucevic, Harkless, Oladipo and probably Harris as well (I love Harris' attitude and versatility, just not quite sure yet if he might be a tweener that could be replaced by someone better). It's probably going to take another 1-2 seasons of watching these guys develop before Hennigan can really assess who would constitute "the core".

My guess is they will still make the playoffs. A Healthy Kobe, Nash, and Gasol should be good enough to get them there, especially without the Dwight circus.

Except Kobe won't be healthy for at least half the season, there's no guarantee whatsoever about Nash staying healthy after what happened last season plus being yet another year older... not to mention Gasol might be traded. On top of all that, this team has no depth.

On a side note, I hope Dwight screws them without lube and leaves without a sign-and-trade.

I define our core as Vucevic, Harkless, Oladipo and probably Harris as well (I love Harris' attitude and versatility, just not quite sure yet if he might be a tweener that could be replaced by someone better). It's probably going to take another 1-2 seasons of watching these guys develop before Hennigan can really assess who would constitute "the core".

Harris is the most talented player we have IMO

• Upvote 2

Harris is the most talented player we have IMO

Agree with this. He is the best scorer we have, is a great athlete, and is an incredibly hard worker. All he needs is to get his handles/passing up and he's a 20/5/5 guy in my opinion. Harkless will be a lock-down defender always, but I question is offensive ability. His dribbling is just not good enough to be able to take someone one-on-one. He is a cutter/spot-up shooter who doesn't rebound considerably well nor pass the ball effectively in an offense. He's just a freak athlete who is young and long. Until his handles improv considerably, he's just another Trevor Ariza that I think is ultimately expendable in the Harris/Vuc/Oladipo mix.

That being said, I think he will develop a dribble-pull-up game with time that will make him an adequate passer.