Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

This is called the Black/White fallacy.

There is a huge area between "blatantly tanking" and "taking back bad contracts because we're in win now mode".

Even if the Pistons signed all three of the players you mentioned, which they almost certainly can't afford to do thanks to the minimum player rules for salary, they'd still be a team without an all-star and without a go-to scorer. They're not making the playoffs with a team built around the second best player on a 6th seed, a 13/5/5 guy, and a gunner who scores at below average efficiency.

Eh, it isn't that crazy in the East. Milwaukee won like 37 games last year and got into the playoffs.

If the Bledsoe/Afflalo trade doesn't go through I'd be okay with bringing in Darren Collison as a stop until we bring in Marcus Smart next season. We're not going to be bad enough to get Wiggins IMO

If the Bledsoe/Afflalo trade doesn't go through I'd be okay with bringing in Darren Collison as a stop gap until we bring in Marcus Smart next season. We're not going to be bad enough to get Wiggins IMO

Are we going to keep Dequan Jones? I mean for some reason it seems like we are keep Moore, I would rather Jones for some explosive drives rather than chuck it from 3 point land.

If the Bledsoe/Afflalo trade doesn't go through I'd be okay with bringing in Darren Collison as a stop gap until we bring in Marcus Smart next season. We're not going to be bad enough to get Wiggins IMO

Lol

Lol

I don't know what's so funny about bringing in Collison. He'd be very cheap and we'd get a capable backup PG. Nelson is always missing games and we currently have no backup for Jameer on the roster. If we want to go a cheaper route we could go Beaubois or Beverly.

I don't know what's so funny about bringing in Collison. He'd be very cheap and we'd get a capable backup PG. Nelson is always missing games and we currently have no backup for Jameer on the roster. If we want to go a cheaper route we could go Beaubois or Beverly.

It wasn't the Collison part.

Yeah we are gonna be in the bottom 5 next year and that is just as good as any to land him. We got young talent but they all still need a year or two to be ready.

Yea, I wouldn't mind Beaubois or Beverly if they were to go the cheaper route either. Brian Roberts, who looks like the odd man out in New Orleans, is another guy I like if they go that route.

I think alot of us are sleeping on our roster. If healthy we're going do be pretty competitive and won't be a bottom 5 team IMO. You're gonna have to get a top 3 pick to get Wiggins and I don't see us getting that high of a pick. I can see us getting a pick somewhere between 6-9. Just my opinion though

• Upvote 1

I really think in next years draft there will be four players based on what ive seen from them so far that can immediately turn a team around and that Wiggins, Randle, Parker, and Walker. Looking at their positions makes me think that we need to get a pg via trade or free agent and I'm really looking forward to seeing Lamb, Hark, and Harris shooting from 3 cause thats another area we need to get better at.