Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

With Denver poised to lose Iguodala and generally looking rudderless after their playoff defeat and with the news that that New York is trading for Garbageani that 2nd first round pick for 2014 could end up being better than we all thought.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing lol

Pistons are pretty much in the same position we are. I actually like our roster going forward over theirs

I like their big-man situation over ours by a lot. I'm not sure about Brendan Knight regarding where he fits though. I did like KCP for them. If Drummond can produce identical numbers in extended minutes I think they'll have their franchise player.

When's the deadline to buyout Turkoglu and Harrington? Tonight?

It's not a buyout. It's just cutting them, since they're contracts are only partially guaranteed.

Neither one has a date, at least that I've seen, where their salaries become guaranteed. So no deadline.

I like their big-man situation over ours by a lot. I'm not sure about Brendan Knight regarding where he fits though. I did like KCP for them. If Drummond can produce identical numbers in extended minutes I think they'll have their franchise player.

Knight is so over rated on 2k, it's dumb.

In what universe are the Pistons in "win now mode" exactly? Because it isn't this one.

The Pistons are reportedly going to be players in free agency. They've been link to just about every top free agent on the market, which lead me to believe their goal is to make the playoff. They definitely don't seem to be in tank mode. I think Dumars knows he's on a short leash, and the only way to keep his job is to win now. I mean why else are they targeting Josh Smith, Andre Iguodala and J.R. Smith?

I don't know if its been stated before but Central Florida forward Keith Clanton and Saint Mary's guard Matthew Dellavedovaare going to play for our summer league team. I like Dellavedova but I'm bias being Australian but we do need another PG especially with how often Jameer gets hurt. What do you guys think?

Scouting reports:

Matthew Dellavedova

Keith Clanton

The Pistons are reportedly going to be players in free agency. They've been link to just about every top free agent on the market, which lead me to believe their goal is to make the playoff. They definitely don't seem to be in tank mode. I think Dumars knows he's on a short leash, and the only way to keep his job is to win now. I mean why else are they targeting Josh Smith, Andre Iguodala and J.R. Smith?

This is called the Black/White fallacy.

There is a huge area between "blatantly tanking" and "taking back bad contracts because we're in win now mode".

Even if the Pistons signed all three of the players you mentioned, which they almost certainly can't afford to do thanks to the minimum player rules for salary, they'd still be a team without an all-star and without a go-to scorer. They're not making the playoffs with a team built around the second best player on a 6th seed, a 13/5/5 guy, and a gunner who scores at below average efficiency.

"Reasonable" is entirely arbitrary. For all I know your idea of reasonable price for a 12th man is a max salary. I've seen far stupider things suggested on this board.

Is he the best available young combo guard at the price we actually pay him? Yes, definitely.

Of course, there is still the question of why you would be so sure that there are better players available for a reasonable price when you can't even name one.

Your logical fallacy in this case is personal incredulity.

I've seen enough basketball in 40 years or so of watching pro ball to know that there are plenty of journeymen players who never make it very far in the NBA. In my opinion, Moore is one of them. One can be in favor of replacing him with someone else without suggesting that a reasonable 12th man salary is the max salary (your words, certainly not mine).