Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

I like what your idea is, but I'm not sure about this specific example because that pick would be in the 20s, especially if you add AA to the Grizzlies mix.

I understand that but we would then have 3 1st round picks. I'm sure we could take the lower two and use them to move up. Doing that trade and then getting Wiggins and Walker in the draft.... We would be ready IMO

We can do better, IMO. I don't think Wroten is a prospect worth grooming.

I was just thinking of a groomable pg that we could get and also get a pick in return. Any ideas?

I was just thinking of a groomable pg that we could get and also get a pick in return. Any ideas?

I don't see Wroten as anything more than a servicable backup, Afflalo has more value than that IMO. Plus I'm not sure the Grizzlies can trade their 1st next year since they didn't have one this year.

I don't see Wroten as anything more than a servicable backup, Afflalo has more value than that IMO. Plus I'm not sure the Grizzlies can trade their 1st next year since they didn't have one this year.

Okay what do you have in mind?

Here's my off-season mock for the Magic:

Buyout

Al Harrington

Hedo Turkoglu

Trades

Orlando trades Arron Afflalo and Andrew Nicholson to Los Angeles Clippers for Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler.

It's a win-win for both teams. Orlando gets it's PG of the future, and LA gets Chris Paul a legit running mate in the backcourt.

Orlando trades Glen Davis and E'Twaun Moore to Detroit for Charlie Villanueva and a 2014 second round pick.

The Pistons are in win now mode, so they could use someone like Davis off the bench. Plus, Dumar has had interest in Davis in the past and they could really use him now that it looks like Jason Maxiell will be moving on.

Orlando trades Caron Butler to Memphis for a 2015 second round pick and Rudy Gay's TPE.

Memphis could use some perimeter scoring and another defender on the perimeter. Butler could fulfill both roles for them.

Orlando trades Josh McRoberts’ TPE and future second round pick to Houston for Thomas Robinson.

Houston clears some cap space to make run for D12, and we add another young talent to the stable.

Free Agency

Austin Daye, SF

Has show some promise in the limited amount of action he has gotten so far in his career. I feel he could be a solid backup for us on the wing. He also has shown to be a very solid 3pt shooter, which is an area we lack at this moment. Has ties to Scott Perry, too.

Cole Aldrich, C

Young, developmental big that has shown some promise toward the end of last season with the Kings. Would be consider as the 5th big. Has ties to Hennigan.

Depth Chart

C: Vucevic/O'Quinn/Aldrich

PF: Harris/Robinson/Osby/Villanueva

SF: Harkless/Daye

SG: Oladipo/Lamb

PG: Bledsoe/Nelson/Dellavedova

Buyout

Al Harrington

Hedo Turkoglu

Trades

Orlando trades Arron Afflalo and Andrew Nicholson to Los Angeles Clippers for Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler.

It's a win-win for both teams. Orlando gets it's PG of the future, and LA gets Chris Paul a legit running mate in the backcourt.

Orlando trades Glen Davis and E'Twaun Moore to Detroit for Charlie Villanueva and a 2014 second round pick.

The Pistons are in win now mode, so they could use someone like Davis off the bench. Plus, Dumar has had interest in Davis in the past and they could really use him now that it looks like Jason Maxiell will be moving on.

Orlando trades Caron Butler to Memphis for a 2015 second round pick and Rudy Gay's TPE.

Memphis could use some perimeter scoring and another defender on the perimeter. Butler could fulfill both roles for them.

Orlando trades Josh McRoberts’ TPE and future second round pick to Houston for Thomas Robinson.

Houston clears some cap space to make run for D12, and we add another young talent to the stable.

Free Agency

Austin Daye, SF

Has show some promise in the limited amount of action he has gotten so far in his career. I feel he could be a solid backup for us on the wing. He also has shown to be a very solid 3pt shooter, which is an area we lack at this moment. Has ties to Scott Perry, too.

Cole Aldrich, C

Young, developmental big that has shown some promise toward the end of last season with the Kings. Would be consider as the 5th big. Has ties to Hennigan.

Depth Chart

You lost me at Charlie Villanueva man I dont like that guy lol. I do like Austin Daye and agree with you there. I wished we wouldnt have to trade Nicholson in the bledsoe deal.

You lost me at Charlie Villanueva man I dont like that guy lol. I do like Austin Daye and agree with you there. I wished we wouldnt have to trade Nicholson in the bledsoe deal.

Villanueva has an expiring contract though. Plus, you're not gonna get much value in return for Davis - because he's coming off an injury.

He didn't start as twelfth, he played his way down to that position. Why don't we try to find someone who might have some upside? As you say, there are plenty of players to be had inexpensively.

And he didn't only play during garbage time.

He's also playing out of position at point guard. He got minutes at the end of last season because of injuries. He is also still a young guy and had good moments, so there is room for him to improve. I don't see why we can't expect him to. When we got Udrih, he became the third point guard and the third shooting guard (until Afflalo went down). That's about where he'll be this year, assuming we find another point guard before the season starts. I don't see how that's a problem.

He's also playing out of position at point guard. He got minutes at the end of last season because of injuries. He is also still a young guy and had good moments, so there is room for him to improve. I don't see why we can't expect him to. When we got Udrih, he became the third point guard and the third shooting guard (until Afflalo went down). That's about where he'll be this year, assuming we find another point guard before the season starts. I don't see how that's a problem.

Well as third PG on a team where the first 2 PG's are over 30 and Nelson in particular has a history of injuries, you can expect him to get a fair amount of playing time as the season progresses.

We need to start developing a young PG with solid potential ASAP. Moore is not that person, IMO. I hoped we would find someone else.

Buyout

Al Harrington

Hedo Turkoglu

Trades

Free Agency

Austin Daye, SF

Cole Aldrich, C

Depth Chart

Not bad, only thing is maybe we could hold on to Butler's expiring and get more at the deadline but other than that a very good offseason for a rebuilding team.

If that's all we could get for Glen Davis then we might as well wait until the trade deadline.

In my mind Davis should bring back better than Afflalo would.

If that's all we could get for Glen Davis then we might as well wait until the trade deadline.

In my mind Davis should bring back better than Afflalo would.

Nah, Davis is an undersized black hole of a PF in a league where there is tons of quality fours. If we could get an expiring contract for Big Baby, I'd jump all over it. He is just more unnecessary long term salary tied up thanks to Otis.