Sign in to follow this  
ShefGator

Cornstein: Milic will never play for Magic as long as Otis Smith is GM

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:
If you think your snide little comments about the Magic isn't "starting it" in a Magic forum you are clearly dillusional. I won't sit back and listen to you bad mouth the Magic because you don't like the idea of them trading Carlos. You can go ahead and join the Sonics boards early for all I care.
I have seen similar comments by many members about Otis decisions related to Darko without your caustic comments. How can you explain oyur selectivity in answering those? The chip was just blown away from your shoulder by the wind and not by me, man.

So you didn't make these little comments in the hopes of start something?

quote:
Darko needs a new team! LOL

quote:
You are a weasel like Otis man.

quote:
This sounds a bit like the jameer and Arroyo controversy except there are no large Servian population in Orlando to help Darko.

Give me a friggin break. I have no problem with people that are ok with losing Darko or those that want to keep him. Maybe if you actually read the forums for topics non-Carlos related you would have realized that already.

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

Otis is going to have to call this cornflake guy if he still has any interest in Darko as a player or as trade bait. Clearly, cornflake is not a controlled, logical person. He may end up costing Darko money, but it may cost us too.

The fact is that now we do not control Darko, we may be able to offer him more money but, again, look at Seattle, they could offer more moeny to Rashard and he's still gone. And they didn't even insult him.

Yes but...they just traded Ray Allen, they do not have an arena deal......and their is nothing to build on there except Durant at this point. So we are a destination for top flight players, when Otis is finished his work............why else would Wallace be comming to town tomorrow?

Can anyone confirm that Wallace is indeed coming to Orlando tommorrow?

The email thing was like sooooo lame. Otis could have at least friend-requested Darko on MySpace and left him a message or something. Otis is like so - whatever.

quote:
Originally posted by djmase20:

The email thing was like sooooo lame. Otis could have at least friend-requested Darko on MySpace and left him a message or something. Otis is like so - whatever.

mase, i've been laughing for 10 mins after that one. Very good my friend, very good.

Darko's Agent is mad because Otis will not sit on darko's restricted contract counting as 3 times his sallary on our cap. Darko's agent thought that would force Otis to pay darko 10mil. Because if we wait on darko we lose out on the top free agents.

Darko's agent is made because Otis made a move he did not think he would make. Otis has alway said he wanted darko. he has said it a many of times over and over an over. Darko's side know what the offer was, Otis offered it and they talked a number of times. But otis and the magic can not afford to lose someone like Lewis or even wallace.

This years free agents have been the tarket of our team for years. Darko and his agent are trying to miss it up. We made darko the offer first priority one and we moved on. Can someone say, "Deshawn Stevenson?"

Otis still want darko. I know. But at what cost. The cost is not losing lewis and i must say I happy.

We could go after wallace if we lose darko. Cant we?

I think Darko and his agent overestimated his value to this team. In reality, Otis wanted Darko but he was not going to overpay for him. Darko had every opportunity to be a starter for the Magic last season and he blew it. He wants to be the centerpeice of a team but he plays more like an off the bench role player. Tony Battie wanted Darko to take his starting role away but Darko was too soft to do so. The guy would have been another version of Jerome James; get his payday off of a decent playoff series and never live up to the contract he got. If anyone pays him $10 million per year then that GM should be fired!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if Stan Van Gundy moves Rashard to play PF and either Ariza or Turkoglu at SF. Remember, when Stan Van Gundy was in Miami, everyone thought he was nuts for playing Lamar Odom at PF but in that year Lamar Odom put up career best numbers. I can see the same for Rashard because he is 6' 10".

quote:

quote:

How was it I got this message of what was going in between the lines and nobody else did? I have been posting that Darko had been ignored by Otis yet everyone said it was impossible! Darko wants to play where he is not second fiddle to any one. Yet,many feel he is more complete than Howard and is not getting the credit. This sounds a bit like the jameer and Arroyo controversy except there are no large Servian population in Orlando to help Darko.

You keep saying that but your point was that Darko did not want to play here. Otis is the one that apparently does not want him here.

I think Otis wants Darko back, but I think Cornstein wanted $10 million and was going to hold Otis hostage and Otis wasn't having it. Otis was not going to lose Lewis - it would be better to get Darko, but Otis wasn't going to be blackmailed by Cornstein.

Seattle now knows that they don't get anything for Lewis if they don't do a sign and trade. Darko is still a restricted free agent.

I don't think Cornstein and Otis are scripting this, but I think Otis may think that this is the only way to get Lewis and either keep Darko or get something for Darko in a trade - teams may still need a sign and trade to pick up Darko.

I think it is probably a good move as Seattle said they wanted to keep Lewis and if Otis signed Darko first we would have to move 1 or 2 players - Hedo and maybe Arroyo.

We'll see how it unfolds. Cornstein is hating on Otis right now, but I don't know if Darko is so I still think we have a shot with Darko.

And, Ibonedterribell - Darko is not better than Howard just like Arroyo is not better than Jameer, but Darko has real upside, but he will not outperform Howard. Thanks for trying to stick up for Michael Carlos Arroyo again though - even though he pretty much sucked last season.

I would love to see Darko stay but if he's taking up 15 million on Orlando's cap, I can only wave "bye, bye" to him and his agent.

Cornstein sounds like a greedy b****** to me and seems to be the worst agent out there for all FA this summer.

I've been looking at this and comparing it Shard's case, with Shard, atleast we heard from him on his feelings and thoughts and his agent didn't make anything difficult and they are even trying to help out Seattle with a sign and trade scenerio's.

With Darko's situation, all I'm hearing is aload of crap come out of Cornstein's mouth about 25 teams being interested in Darko, I laughed at that one. But I haven't heard anything from Darko directly, does he care where he plays? I guess Darko is all about the money and not earning it.

If Darko is solely about the money and expecting something in the region of $10 million then he won't be getting it from Orlando and because of that, won't get it from any other team, I'll agree that Darko is worth in the region of $7 - $8 million but that is pushing the limit to what I think he is worth.

But I will also wait for July 11th to roll around and see what happens then because anything can happen with this situation and it's just a wait and see game for the fans.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

How was it I got this message of what was going in between the lines and nobody else did? I have been posting that Darko had been ignored by Otis yet everyone said it was impossible! Darko wants to play where he is not second fiddle to any one. Yet,many feel he is more complete than Howard and is not getting the credit. This sounds a bit like the jameer and Arroyo controversy except there are no large Servian population in Orlando to help Darko.

That is because you read between the lines on EVERYTHING. Eventually you were going to be right about something. Despite what his agent says I don't think this thing is over yet.

Good try but not enough to be sensible. You are a poor looser and a blind defender of Otis ways that by the way may be the right moves. I believe Darko has the potential to be better than Howard but you see him as a back up to rest Howard.

Wrong again Iboned - Darko should be a starter, but he still isn't better than Howard - he can be very good and should start, but he should not start in front of Howard. You ask 100 people and intelligent sports figures - and you will get 99 or 100 that will tell you Howard is the better player.

Darko can be very good, but give me a break saying he is better than Howard - and Michael Carlos Arroyo - I can only hope he gets traded so you all can go on their message board and ruin it.

quote:

Otis is going to have to call this cornflake guy if he still has any interest in Darko as a player or as trade bait. Clearly, cornflake is not a controlled, logical person. He may end up costing Darko money, but it may cost us too.

The fact is that now we do not control Darko, we may be able to offer him more money but, again, look at Seattle, they could offer more moeny to Rashard and he's still gone. And they didn't even insult him.

I don't think they need to make Darko an unrestricted free agent until July 11th - they can't sign Lewis until the 11th so until that is done I don't see Otis making Darko an unrestricted free agent.

Maybe taking back the tender offer makes him unrestricted - I don't know. They did make it and Darko didn't accept it so he may still be a restricted free agent.

Seattle needs to make a trade with the Magic to get something back or just loose Lewis - I think they would want Hedo or Darko, but we would get cap space or something in return.