Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Official Game Thread: Magic Vs Lakers

JV contradicts himself. He says fouling Dwight was a strategy they "had to use", then goes on to say he "believes in his guys". No, you don't believe in your guys...not in so much as you just said you had to employ a desperation strategy and foul Dwight constantly, all game long, (even when it wasn't working at all) to have a chance. We might have had a chance if we were prepared and just played straight up defense...that would have been "believing in your guys". Playing a gimmick defense did not help any of our young guys get better tonight and as a fan it was quite embarrasing to watch.

• Upvote 1

Seeing Dwight's smug smile knowing that he had beaten us just ruined my year. Questionable game plan from JV tonight, fouling a 50% FT shooter 20 times or whatever cannot substitute for playing defense since shooting 50% is still good enough when you're already in the lead. Didn't like Hark guarding Nash either... If he'd have been on Kobe or MWP he probably wouldn't have fouled out. I won't question JV once more again this season (we're tanking so I don't really care what he does) but that game meant something to each and every one of us and I think he just got it wrong. Not all his fault though, there were some terrible performances tonight form the team.

Maybe the fact that the Heat have won a zillion in a row will cheer you up. It is all unfolding just like Vince Mcmahon....wait David Stern imagined/told the refs better happen. NBA=WWE...no less no more!

Might want to throw this on my Facebook if you don't mind. I want everyone to see Dwight Howard for what he really is.

Hopefully someone here has internet skills and can get this to you tube, google, ESPN, Yahoo news, MSNBC, Anderson Cooper, Alice Cooper, Mini cooper or anyone else. Im sure his sponsors would be proud of a guy they pay millions to sell shoes to kids telling a fan he flucked his mother repeatedly on TV. Between the rapist, a dog fighter and a classless individual like Dwight the team has a real non basketball talent brewing. Why not ask Mike Tyson to join the team to bite the ears off the other team and OJ to come in for a motivational speech. I love the Lakers talent but as men/role models they are an embarrassment to humanity.

Hopefully someone here has internet skills and can get this to you tube, google, ESPN, Yahoo news, MSNBC, Anderson Cooper, Alice Cooper, Mini cooper or anyone else. Im sure his sponsors would be proud of a guy they pay millions to sell shoes to kids telling a fan he flucked his mother repeatedly on TV. Between the rapist, a dog fighter and a classless individual like Dwight the team has a real non basketball talent brewing. Why not ask Mike Tyson to join the team to bite the ears off the other team and OJ to come in for a motivational speech. I love the Lakers talent but as men/role models they are an embarrassment to humanity.

the sum of this post is greater than its parts.

but seriously, I bet that fan was screaming way worse things than what Dwight said. I don't really care he talked back, but very rarely do you see (smart) players respond to any of that stuff.

Just watched the highlights on espn and the very last thing they showed was this. I was able to read his lips as there was no sound from the game. espn did not talk about this. I wonder if they just didn't read the lips or actually didn't hear that howard said

A couple thoughts from the game tonight:

1.) JV showed his inexperience as a coach, but he'll be okay. The Hack-a-Dwight was employed way too early and often, especially when Dwight's OWN team negates him as a major force a lot of the time. We really should have let the game develop a bit and shown some trust in our guys' ability to get it done. We disrupted our own flow and rhythm more than anything else.

2.) We are painfully inept in the paint defensively and it's embarrassing as a fan that we need to rely on gimmick play to compensate (even while in rebuilding mode). I REALLY want Vuc to be our guy at the 5 for many years to come but if he doesn't make major strides defensively then we'll have to eventually look elsewhere. But he's young and I suppose if we picked up a stellar help-side defender at the 4, it could help a bit.

3.) I thought Jameer was terrible. He consistently made poor decisions. I think it had a lot to do with him trying to prove something to Dwight but I expect better play from our veteran leader. JV should have turned the reins over to Beno and insisted that the offense be worked through a keyed-in Tobias.

I am excited about our future. I just find Dwight to be unbearable and was disappointed that he was essentially given the opportunity to put forth a dominant performance on a silver platter.

• Upvote 1