Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

2013 NFL Off-season Thread

Since the Phins signed Wallace, they don't have to go WR in the first round anymore. They can draft a CB, then again they do have enough money that they could make a run at Nnamdi.

Since the Phins signed Wallace, they don't have to go WR in the first round anymore. They can draft a CB, then again they do have enough money that they could make a run at Nnamdi.

I kinda agree that the Fins might go with a CB like Rhodes, but equally they need a replacement for Long at LT. So they might trade up to land a top tackle, or they might take the next best at 12.

Overall I'm happy with the Dolphins signings so far. I like the look of the new linebackers in Ellerbe and Wheeler. Resigning Clemons was a good move. And I think Wallace is potentially an excellent pickup that will give Tannehill a new weapon to stretch the field, my only concern is his contract is large but hopefully he'll have the same effect as Jackson had in Tampa last season.

Miami signed Dustin Keller for 1 year. Nice upgrade over Fasano. Looks like they are going to sign WR Brandon Gibson from St Louis. Offense should be much improved, though they need to figure out their O-line (lLong or no Long) and draft another RB. On D, I think they need to focus of the secondary and maybe a DE as well.

Miami signed Dustin Keller for 1 year. Nice upgrade over Fasano. Looks like they are going to sign WR Brandon Gibson from St Louis. Offense should be much improved, though they need to figure out their O-line (lLong or no Long) and draft another RB. On D, I think they need to focus of the secondary and maybe a DE as well.

Another good move by the Fins. I'd like to see Gibson added as well, that will give them four decent receivers. But like you I think they need to draft a running back, and perhaps not her tight end as well.

As for Long he's left the rams without a deal. I wonder if the Fins will make a serious move to keep him? If not I'd like to see them trade up to grab Eric Fisher, or wait and see if Lane Johnson is on the board. It could be financially more prudent to draft one than give Long $10 + million.

I watched a lot of Dolphins games this season against my will, and Jake Long looked pretty terrible. I get he was hurt a bit, but I think you guys would be best off letting him go.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers‏@TBBuccaneers

The Bucs have traded WR Arrelious Benn & a 2013 7th round pick to Philadelphia for a 2013 6th round pick & a conditional 2014 pick

Speculation is more picks for a Revis trade... I have my doubts, but we'll see...

I watched a lot of Dolphins games this season against my will, and Jake Long looked pretty terrible. I get he was hurt a bit, but I think you guys would be best off letting him go.

I would not say terrible, but he did not play great. I'd be ok resigning him at a good price. Injuries do concern me with him.

Brent Grimes is in Miami today.

Fins fans I'd be worried about this. He was franchised last season then the first game tore his ACL. For whatever reason the Falcons didn't rate him high enough to sign him long term then, and combined with the injury I definitely see why he isn't high priority for us.

I will say this though: I think Mike Nolan has a chance now to implement his system and personnel use so he may be a victim of situation. He was in the pro bowl after all.

Also I'm super excited we brought back Tony G and got Busta Rhymes. Can't wait to see this offense on the field. Sorry bucs fans but this is our division :)

Fins fans I'd be worried about this. He was franchised last season then the first game tore his ACL. For whatever reason the Falcons didn't rate him high enough to sign him long term then, and combined with the injury I definitely see why he isn't high priority for us.

I will say this though: I think Mike Nolan has a chance now to implement his system and personnel use so he may be a victim of situation. He was in the pro bowl after all.

It was a torn Achillles, not an ACL. In many cases, an Achilles is more severe. Depending on the money, it may not be a bad deal. I assume it will be a "prove it" contract- sign him for 1 or 2 years, partially guaranteed for a few million, and see how it goes. Miami has had a pretty solid offseason thus far.

As for Tampa, the heat is on to make a move for Revis. Pretty much alll of the high end FA CBs are gone. It seems as though Mark Dominik has put all of his eggs in one basket.

Also, lol at the Elvis Dumervil situation.