Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

2013 NFL Off-season Thread

Since the original 2013 Off-season thread was deemed to beautiful for this world by one of the MODs and was deleted, lets try again.

To get it started, Anquan Boldin was traded to SF for a 6th round pick(pending a physical) and Percy Havin was traded to Seattle for a 1st round pick, 7th round pick, and a mid-rounder next year.

FA period starts in T-minus 21 hours.

Not sure why such a big deal is being made of a #2 WR who only plays half the season. And that's not me being a Gator hater either. Anyone who has been on this board long enough knows that I feel Tebow should give Percy that Heisman (or at the very least saw it in half).

If Percy could stay on the field, then I could see it being somewhat a big deal. He's still a #2 in the NFL though.

Looks like the Dolphins will get Mike Wallace, but really I'm just waiting to see their new logo. I hope for Dol-Fan's sake that new logo means a tweak in the jerseys (meaning no more 3D numbers).

As is their annual custom, the Bucs have a ton of money going into free agency and are being linked to every possible free agent at their positions of need.

If all the reports are to be believed, the Bucs are going to sign 4 high level corners, trade for Revis, sign 2 tight ends, sign a new pass rusher, and sign 3 safeties tonight.

As is their annual custom, the Bucs have a ton of money going into free agency and are being linked to every possible free agent at their positions of need.

If all the reports are to be believed, the Bucs are going to sign 4 high level corners, trade for Revis, sign 2 tight ends, sign a new pass rusher, and sign 3 safeties tonight.

Then someone will get into some legal trouble... Nevermind, Bowers is ahead of the game.

Mike Wallace would be a good signing for the Fins, I like the combo of him and Hartline. Still plenty of other needs though, we have been linked with loads of guys too. If Sean Smith leaves we need to focus on a new CB and Jake Long will probably be off too. Bush is gone, as much as I (really) like Miller we need a verterans presence, Daniel Thomas is not a feature back. TE is also a must upgrade.

Targets I like;

Chris Houston, Marcus Trufant, Jared Cook, Dennis Pitta, Keller, Eric Winston, Woodson... the list goes on

Exciting times but the Bucs and Eagles have proven that splashing out in FA doesn't equal immediate success.

Bucs are looking at Cliff Avril, Brent Grimes, and Dashon Goldson.

Avril would make their DL even better. Signing hm would lessen the blow of losing Michael Bennett.

I loved Brent Grimes pre-injury so as long as he comes cheap, I approve.

Goldson would be a great signing. He would allow Barron to play more in the box for run support, which is his forte. I've been saying that Tampa needs their Ryan Clark-esque guy that plays centerfield so that Barron can be their Troy Polamalu (granted Polamalu did so much more than play in the box. Guy did it all when healthy.).

I'd be ok with them trading for Revis so long as they don't have to give up a first round pick. If they can get him for a 2nd and a 4th, I'd be happy... But the Jets are a joke so they'll probably just let him walk and get zero compensation.

People were arguing about who was the better player between Nnamdi and Revis just over a year ago lol

Wallace and the Fins agree on a five year contract, awesome news but I wanna see the numbers!

People were arguing about who was the better player between Nnamdi and Revis just over a year ago lol

Wallace and the Fins agree on a five year contract, awesome news but I wanna see the numbers!

I read $65M.

Not a fan of the deal for the Fins. My dad is a big Steelers fan so i watch them quite a bit. I think he's overrated. Good WR, don't get me wrong, but he wasn't even the Steelers' best WR last season. Then you compare that contract to the rest of the league...