Sign in to follow this  
Skywise316

The Official J.J. Redick Appreciation Thread

I, like many others, did not like the pick back in 2006 but JJ you won us over with your persistence and hard work, professionalism on and off the court, and for the teammate you were during the fiasco of last season. You are truly one of my favorite all-time Magicians and I look forward to welcoming you back the first time Milwaukee visits Orlando, as all true Magic fans will. Good luck moving forward and thank you for the last 7 years!

The epitome of what Orlando Magic is in my head.

Class, self-questioning, hard work, commitment to be the best you can be; with a side of fun and laughs.

All the best, JJ :cheers:

• Upvote 1

I despised you in college, and was pretty ticked when the Magic drafted you. Thought you was just another overhyped, entitled, pretty-boy Dukie, and the first couple years in the NBA seemed to confirm that prejudice. Can't think of any other athlete that has changed my mind so thoroughly; your professionalism and deep-down commitment to fulfilling every last bit of your potential is like nothing I have seen. I have no doubt you'll have a long and successful career, so good luck bud.

I don't think he wanted to leave either. Its going to be hard to watch him in another jersey. I'm receiving this news late but what has been done can't be undone. Jameer is on the hot seat.

How Young...does Henny want our team to be? Udrih..has been here for a while no doubt. We've got another set of rookies.

@hidoturkoglu15: It's just sad to see good friend and good teammate leave, had great 6 years together , good luck my friend @JJRedick

JJ was a great player with dedication and great work ethic. Magic front office still sucks. I do not see how this gm is any better than smith and the new coach any better than van gundy. Oh yea, we are going to be just like OKC and will draft a durant. Dream on. All this cap space that will be available to the Magic. A superstar will sign with the Magic.

I was born/raised in Orlando and went to college in NC, unaware of the true depth of the Duke/UNC rivalry. I was having a conversation about bball with some guys at a party one night and made it known I was a die hard Magic fan. Some kid shot off his mouth about JJ, calling him names that mentioning here would get me banned. I of course, stepped up to defend the honor of my favorite Magic player in my adult life. Needless to say the drunken conversation ended with some bruises and blood for the both of us after he popped me in the face. That's the only time I ever really related to putting the "FAN" in "Fanatic". It was worth it.

I've had a few 'favorite players' who have been with the Magic but never any who I can say I will really cheer for when on another team - JJ is that one player. He really is the type of guy I wish dominated the league and was elevated more for the intangibles. Stand up, hard working, dedicated, passionate and skilled with an ego that he must have sweat and bled out in his years working hard to make himself the talent he is today. Class act on and off the court. I wish he and Chelsea all the best. My hope is that if he's not happy in Milwaukee (likely), he walks and goes where he wants to go for a good chunk of change.

• Upvote 1

Ahh JJ... Im too down right now to tell you how much I appreciate who you are and who you became. It was a great beauty to watch and to witness!

People talk about work ethic, you showed it, lived it, and shared.

Thank You.

Hope you the best to you and the family!

Erik Barnett