Sign in to follow this  
TheJambo

Otis, the real problem now?????

I posted this in another thread but I think it applies to this topic better:

quote:
I strongly believe Otis' hands are tied by the powers at RDV right now. He has to say the right thing by them. Consider this

-Fran was Brian's pick , not Otis'.

-JJ does not play because of Brian.

-Otis did not hire Brian, and because of the RDV/arena/PR situation, cannot fire him.

-Rumor has it, and this is RUMOR only, that Brian did not want VC. Otis could not make a trade for him at the deadline.

-What is the point of Otis making a small trade at the deadline, if he knows that the problem is NOT the players? Our team and players are underachieving, due to Brian Hill, thus their trade value is low right now.

-Otis has made some really good trades. Brian Hill is the one who made them look less than great. Why didn't he start Darko until Battie got hurt? Wasted development right there!

-Otis signed Bogans for less than what he was going to sign Deshawn for. At the time, Bogans and DS had VERY similar stats.

-Battie may make too much, but we do have a very young team that needs this kind of veteran leadership. We also would be very lacking in the frontcourt without a backup for D&D. Who would sub in? Bo? Garrity?

-Otis has always been know to throw up smoke screens. Just look at his quotes in the paper before and after each trade deadline for documented proof. He says what he has to say to keep his team focused. If he said, "We will look at Brian Hill in the offseason and determine where to go," that would REALLY distract the players. At least Otis threw us a bone with his quote about everyone being reevaluated if we don't make the playoffs. I think that is almost crossing a line! He basically said "We love Hill and will keep him no matter what happens in the playoff hunt... but he could get fired if we don't make the playoffs(wink)."He said about as much as he could without disrupting the team.