Sign in to follow this  
TheJambo

Otis, the real problem now?????

I now have a problem with Otis!!

Otis after the trade deadline, stated that he really liked our players and he thought we had the right group of players already and no trades made any sense.

Now,

A couple weeks later our Coach is GREAT, and it is the players that are making us lose??????

Will somebody please explain this????

I know Otis cannot come out and say B.Hill will be gone after the season, but at least state that everyone is accountable and each person, players and coaches will be evaluated and the Magic will do what is the best interest of the team to build a championship oraganization. Do not state B.Hill is gauranteed a job this will further alienate the players if there is a real problem between them and the coach!!!!!

Otis, it is okay to side-step the truth a little, but when you have contradicting statements a few weeks apart, it only makes you and this organization look clueless and uninformed!!!!

Get a BACKBONE !!!! It is okay to hold everyone accountable, and it can also be done during the season, it does not have to wait until, another season is lost. I know the ownership has a lot to do with the B.Hill thing, but it is Otis's job to enlighten and educate them, by putting up his case for why Hill must go, if he actually thinks that. If Otis is actually on B.Hill's side, then he must go also.

You cannot fire all the players, so the coach must go.......This has always been true in all of sports!!!!!!!!!

Otis after the trade deadline, stated that he really liked our players and he thought we had the right group of players already and no trades made any sense.

Now,

A couple weeks later our Coach is GREAT, and it is the players that are making us lose??????

I know Otis cannot come out and say B.Hill will be gone after the season, but at least state that everyone is accountable and each person, players and coaches will be evaluated and the Magic will do what is the best interest of the team to build a championship oraganization. Do not state B.Hill is gauranteed a job this will further alienate the players if there is a real problem between them and the coach!!!!!

Otis, it is okay to side-step the truth a little, but when you have contradicting statements a few weeks apart, it only makes you and this organization look clueless and uninformed!!!!

Get a BACKBONE !!!! It is okay to hold everyone accountable, and it can also be done during the season, it does not have to wait until, another season is lost. I know the ownership has a lot to do with the B.Hill thing, but it is Otis's job to enlighten and educate them, by putting up his case for why Hill must go, if he actually thinks that. If Otis is actually on B.Hill's side, then he must go also.

You cannot fire all the players, so the coach must go.......This has always been true in all of sports!!!!!!!!!

Otis ain't do a **** thing here when he played to judge peoples play, maybe if our good old coach would speed the game up a little bit it would make our guys more consistent..I see the guy yelling plays from the sideline all season and its the same result more then 50 percent of the time..I think we have to speed our game up, that slow pace game has been murdering us and it gives the defenses more then enough time to set up and counter most of what we try to do. It's just sad, I thought they wanted a winning franchise here, how long do they have to build? It's been 12 years!

quote:
Originally posted by TheJambo:

Now,

well said

I am loving this post!!!! Yes Otis is a paper tiger, he has no teeth in respect to BHill. For this reason and this reason alone I think he has taken it upon himself to redirect the fire Brian Hill pressure, from the ownership and BHill alike.

I have always found it strange that a multi-level organization, designed on developing managers and leaders did not know the destructive nature of an autocratic managerial style??? First the hockey guy came in to blow the team up, next BHill was brought in to reconnect with the community and disipline the head cases we had in the locker room. Now that this has been accomplished, I think Otis's comments were ment to appeal to BHill's ethical side.......if he has one!! Quit, so that we don't have to fire you! IMO

I really think B.Hill will not quit. He thinks he is too good for that. He will be promoted for being a horrible coach, and will be in the front office for years to come. Because Devos really likes him....

quote:
Originally posted by TheJambo:

I really think B.Hill will not quit. He thinks he is too good for that. He will be promoted for being a horrible coach, and will be in the front office for years to come. Because Devos really likes him....

I am ok with that, he can be the V.P. over the magic dancers!! On second thought ..what did they do to deserve that??

Like it was said before, Otis is not a dimwit nor will he ever be. There is something pressuring Otis into making his decisions such an damaging decisions.

There has to be a controversy/conspiracy!

-Are the players attempting to get Brian Hill dismissed?

-Is someone being blackmailed on the team/the front office by Brian Hill.

-Does Otis and the team formed a union to get Hill fired.

-Is this Magic Organization full of aliens

-Are the Magic players trying to tank the season so they can be booted out of this city by the owner?

-Should I shut the kcuf up?

To me, the possibilities could be endless because the Magic Organization "can't" be doing this on purpose or could they?!?!?! HHHHHHHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................

finally someone else who agrees with me. i've said it before the all-star game that otis had some blame in our losing woes but everybody thought that it was all bhills fault. now everyone can see that it's both bhill and otis's fault. if otis dosn't go after vc this summer, then he and bhill can both leave. why does everybody think that he's such a great gm? i mean, this is the guy who drafted fran fasquez and the guy who keeps spitting lies saying stuff like this is a young, quality, team that will soon develop into a championship team.

quote:
Originally posted by asia#1:

.....this is a young, quality, team that will soon develop into a championship team.

No offense but that isn't a lie. If everyone on this team was at ages 27-30, we would be kicking As*, I swear it.

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

I am loving this post!!!! Yes Otis is a paper tiger, he has no teeth in respect to BHill. For this reason and this reason alone I think he has taken it upon himself to redirect the fire Brian Hill pressure, from the ownership and BHill alike.

I have always found it strange that a multi-level organization, designed on developing managers and leaders did not know the destructive nature of an autocratic managerial style??? First the hockey guy came in to blow the team up, next BHill was brought in to reconnect with the community and disipline the head cases we had in the locker room. Now that this has been accomplished, I think Otis's comments were ment to appeal to BHill's ethical side.......if he has one!! Quit, so that we don't have to fire you! IMO

Otis is probably working with his hands tight up, regarding Brian Hill. The man is more likely following the wishes of the owner. Nothing he can do about it.