All Eyes On Me

2024 Off-season Thread

I bet y’all the NBA is rigged. There is. shady deal going on. The Lakers can’t find. coach and suddenly the Pistons fired Monty Williams?! 

I bet the Lakers will soon sign M.Williams and all is good for them. 

1 hour ago, orlandoholic said:

I bet y’all the NBA is rigged. There is. shady deal going on. The Lakers can’t find. coach and suddenly the Pistons fired Monty Williams?! 

I will say The Lakers are notorious for underpaying their coaches (one of the reason they didn’t get Hurley). I am not sure if Monty would want to go there.  Doesn’t he have to give up the salary he gets from Detroit if he signs with The Lakers?  He should just do TV and keep getting paid from Detroit.

1 hour ago, orlandoholic said:

Or it could be that the pistons fired him because they were terrible and he seemed at odds with the players and the front office the whole time

2 hours ago, jjgator said:

While I like the fit on the court, I'm not sure Monk's personality matches our locker room. Beyond his indefinite drug suspension back in the day, this kind of post just seems different than we have right now.

Monk is a streaky shooter who would be a good spot up shooter some games and at least a threat. But he is not the facilitator that would take pressure off Franz and Paolo handling the ball. He would not be my main option this off season. 

• Upvote 2

On 6/18/2024 at 5:15 PM, orlandoholic said:

…….

I really believe we are building this type of mentality from the start. If this team don’t change their mentality i think we are good. We really have to be careful what type of character we add to this locker room

I guess I’m not seeing the same team you are. I’m seeing a team where particularly towards the end of close games, they give the ball to either Frantz or Paulo and let them go one versus the other team.

I don’t care how good you are individually. As Boston has shown, great team play will beat great individual efforts every time. In order to get there, we need more to complement Frantz and Paulo.  They also need to develop a mindset of getting their teammates involved, even at the end of games.

I continue to believe that this evolution starts with our getting a high-quality point guard.

• Upvote 2

Apparently we’re now tied with the Warriors for most likely to sign Klay Thompson according to Vegas gambling odds. Also the Paul George rumors are heating up again today… the next 2 weeks can’t go by fast enough!

Anybody who says no to us having Klay you need to give your head a wobble..  

3 year contract.. 3rd year team option lovely jubbly.... sign me up..

Basically replacing Gary for Klay look

No brainer...

If Klay wants to come and does come.. it's gonna be a chip on his shoulder..motivated Klay... 1 of the best SHOOTERS EVER!!!

Gonna be amazing for us... manage him abit like J.I but not nearly as much...

Suggs..Klay..Franz..Paolo..Wendell LOL

Now imagine PG13 and Klay... front office would have to get tekky with it.....

Suggs..Klay..PG13..Franz..Paolo..

AB..Cole..Isaac.. Wendell?. Mo Wagner

I'm just chucking ideas

• Upvote 1

I don’t think Klay will sign a new contract anywhere for less than four years, and I’m not sure he even has two left. The injuries have piled up the last few years and that takes a toll. I don’t hate the theory, but I’m not sold on the actual. I agree that our first priority should be a point guard to take the ball handling pressure off of Franz and Paolo. I wish we could depend on a healthy Fultz, but I think that ship has sailed. If we bring him back, he will be a 15-20 minute backup at best, with the kind of restrictions that JI has had the previous season.

24 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I don’t think Klay will sign a new contract anywhere for less than four years, and I’m not sure he even has two left. The injuries have piled up the last few years and that takes a toll. I don’t hate the theory, but I’m not sold on the actual. I agree that our first priority should be a point guard to take the ball handling pressure off of Franz and Paolo. I wish we could depend on a healthy Fultz, but I think that ship has sailed. If we bring him back, he will be a 15-20 minute backup at best, with the kind of restrictions that JI has had the previous season.

Not point guard... Combo guard yes for me.. a pure PG is not a necessity...  a extra ball handler with a good handle and shot is what we need... Paul George would be outstanding and instantly make us 2nd favourites to come out the East... 

Weltman gets this off season right and we are about to take over

For me personally FRANZ needs to handle to ball way more... if Klay comes Franz is gonna reach a different stratosphere and Paolo obviously too will be better for it...

• Upvote 1