All Eyes On Me

2024 Off-season Thread

On 6/15/2024 at 6:17 PM, Soul Bro said:

Can quickley run an offense?  We know Cole can’t. I don’t give a dam about stats. 

No,not really. But because one team traded draft capitol to get him and he is about to be a free agent he will be overpaid. 

What's he going to get?  20 million a year? 25 to 30 maybe! Whatever it's going to be too much. Where we gave Cole a decent contract right in the correct ballpark. He still has time to improve. This sounds like i'm sticking up for Cole, i am just trying to show the NBA mentality around these non All-star players. Some get better and actually become an All-star.

What do we know about Cole? He can be a more consistent shooter. He could limit his turnovers. What can assume  will never happen with Cole. He is probably never going to be a good finisher around the basket, nor a good defender. He is never getting taller or much bigger. He isn't really a classic distributor even if he tightens up his handle and passing. So in essence his path to being better is pretty much shooting and efficiency. He is what he is.

We can all imagine a guy like Monk or Quickley having another level, that's what we are trying to get. Lighting in a bottle. Or just someone who improves every year, like Derrick white.

5 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

shares link for anybody interested.. The Wagner bros up close from german national teams camera crew

Franz really needs a summer off. Or is the German team more important to him? Hmmmmm

5 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Franz really needs a summer off. Or is the German team more important to him? Hmmmmm

He really does.. It’s kinda „unfortunate“ for him. Last year was that year where he needed to have massive time in the lab, adding to his game.. 

Imo, that decision to be part of that world cup team, cost him a max contract. At the same time, it’s quite impossible for a young player to turn the opportunity down to play a world cup at home. Also TEAM Germany decided that they will commit to all players that have committed to the world cup also will play the Olympics. The players had to commit couple of years ago and that’s the reason players like Kleber or Hartenstein won’t also play Olympics.

So i can’t blame Franz, but imo the international play wasn’t beneficial for his individual development. 

Paolo was flirting for the opportunity to play for Italy. If he had chosen to do so, he’d have duties again already. Paolo was a monster last year. I wonder what this off season will do for him. I bet he’ll be a lot better at handling the ball and also 3 point shooting. That’s all he needs to add (except of ingame decisions)

congratulations to the Boston Celtics. I dislike the team, but nonetheless they deserved the title. This title is also good news for the Orlando Magic imo. 

The Celtics had to change their culture, putting their ego aside, in order to win the title. 

The Magic are building this mentality from the getgo. If the players have been watching, they should heard them talk about this!!!

And the more exciting part for me is that we are kinda built like the Celtics too!! 

White = Suggs

Tatum = Banchero

Brown = F. Wagner

Horford = WCJ

not identical players but imo comparable roles and skill set. Especially White and Suggs. Suggs also has to be a better version of White imo.

So if i’m the FO, i’m looking at the Celtics to really see what we need. 

Who can that Jrue Holiday player be? I actually don’t see it in FA. Donovan Mitchell is the obvious fit. Whose next? I actually don’t know. But T. Shannon out of the draft might be our guy! he’s that two way/team player/great defense/ creator/ scorer that is needed for us! 

I’m drafting him and then go out in FA and be creative. 
We need that SF impact player off the bench.

I’m going to throw a name out here i didn’t think would be available. Patrick Williams. Health is of course a concern. But he can really be that great two way player off the bench. 

Bottom line, do we need that extra All star player, our can we just thrive with our 3 main characters and build an army of great two way players next to them? 

*fart noise*
At least those awful playoffs are over and the Celtics fully get an asterisk for easiest path to a ‘ship in NBA history (I know, I know, I’m a hater)

More importantly, the dead period is over and this off-season is about to get fun. We can start negotiating with all our guys that are expired as of today, Fultz, Moe, Joe, Gary, Chuma… Draft is June 26, June 30th is start of free agency, July 1st Franz and Suggs are extension eligible. Let’s gooo!

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

*fart noise*
At least those awful playoffs are over and the Celtics fully get an asterisk for easiest path to a ‘ship in NBA history (I know, I know, I’m a hater)

More importantly, the dead period is over and this off-season is about to get fun. We can start negotiating with all our guys that are expired as of today, Fultz, Moe, Joe, Gary, Chuma… Draft is June 26, June 30th is start of free agency, July 1st Franz and Suggs are extension eligible. Let’s gooo!

This is actually a great timeline.. We can see if Markelle would be willing to take that paycut and we can definitely see if Free Agents like Monk would actually be available on the market or if they get a deal done. Monk probably hits FA but i can see Claxton, Siakam resigning straight away.

Apparently OG could be available for a decent price. Love him on our team!! 

https://x.com/thedunkcentral/status/1803103077999800398?s=46

5. OG Anunoby, F, Knicks (player option)
If there were a version of Anunoby who was a lock to play 75 games every year, he’d probably be a legitimate maximum-salary candidate. Teams will be reluctant to make that sort of commitment to this version. As dynamic a three-and-D player as Anunoby is, injuries have cost him 29, 34, 15, and 32 games in the past four seasons. Still, it’s hard to overstate the impact he had on the Knicks following a midseason trade from Toronto. New York’s net rating during his 802 regular season minutes was an eye-popping +21.7. Both the Knicks’ offensive rating (122.6) and defensive rating (100.9) during those minutes would’ve ranked first in the NBA.”

Fun read: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2024/06/top-50-nba-free-agents-of-2024.html

There are some real sleepers on this list like T. Jones, Fonteccio, and Martin. Maybe not stars but definitely guys who are better than Caleb, Cole and Chuma.

One important takeaway of the Celtics winning for us (and the team I guess) is just how many whacks at it are needed before finally breaking thru. It’s annoying but it generally remains true that teams have to lose on the big stage before they win. We are probably a couple seasons away from when the Celtics even started to get title expectations. Also I hope the staff looks and sees the value of adding outside players to major roles.

Anyway I hate the Celtics

1 hour ago, Jason Funderburker said:

One important takeaway of the Celtics winning for us (and the team I guess) is just how many whacks at it are needed before finally breaking thru. It’s annoying but it generally remains true that teams have to lose on the big stage before they win. We are probably a couple seasons away from when the Celtics even started to get title expectations. Also I hope the staff looks and sees the value of adding outside players to major roles.

Anyway I hate the Celtics

like i said in a post above. The Celtics needed a whack, cause the ego of Tatum and Brown were in their way. They changed and took pride in roles and sharing the ball. Jrue Holiday who was brought in as well. 

I really believe we are building this type of mentality from the start. If this team don’t change their mentality i think we are good. We really have to be careful what type of character we add to this locker room

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

*fart noise*

I agree with everything you said   happy that we can try to sort our own free agents and  get ready for the next chapter

one thing. I dont mind the celtics team     they deserved the championship

Its the fans i can't stand       lol