Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 Playoffs Thread: Round 1 GAME 7: Magic @ Cavs 05/05 1pm ET

59 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

He will still get his max I’m sure. 

And that’s why i say the system in the NBA is broke.. Too many max players out there, that are not worth the contract.. 

Franz is a great player. But he is not a max player. Mitchell is a max player, Paolo is a max player. But neither Garland, nor Franz should be max players. Now will they be in the future? Possible? 
But definitely not now

36 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Amen.

No question we exceeded expectations for this year.  But it doesn't change what many of us were saying at the trading deadline.  It was obvious that we had deficiencies at guard.  It's even more obvious now, as at least 5-6 people have already posted in one way or another.

While this was a great season, I also consider it a missed opportunity, because with one move at the trade deadline I think we win this series and even possibly give Boston trouble.  Playoff trips are not guaranteed, and while I hope we do better next year, I'm not taking anything for granted.  A key injury or two, for example, could completely derail things for us.

Will be an interesting summer.  For the first time in a long time, I don't think any of us are too concerned about the draft.

I agree with you here 

Another ball handing.. 3 point shooter defo 1 of... aka Monk is too perfect although his defense is not too good but offensively he is excellent and that for me overshadows his defense.. 

then we need movement shooter/catch and shoot player aka Klay or KCP.. 

Id love Klay here aslong as he is fully healthy... 1 of the best shooters EVER..

Aslong as the money is right and years i think excellent for us..

But ....i got to be honest i am a big believer in..AB and Jett..  

Jett is a ball handler...shooter marksman.. creates his own shotI 

I honestly think Jett is going to be huge player for us going forward..his defense needs work and his fitness etc etc..but the Kd is super confident and smooth.. he is talented!!! really talented.

As for AB he gonna be excellent.. his improvement is excellent already... he has everything.. his shots improved massively... he is the future PG for me

Jeff is doing this completely organically with tweaks here and there...

1 last thing... 2025 free agency unrestricted players..

Tatum..Mitchell..Markannen..Paul George..Ingram..Jamal Murray...Jimmy Butler..Kyrie..Derrick White..

Id be patient abit... we have time...

Go all out for Tatum or Mitchell... 

5 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

And that’s why i say the system in the NBA is broke.. Too many max players out there, that are not worth the contract.. 

Franz is a great player. But he is not a max player. Mitchell is a max player, Paolo is a max player. But neither Garland, nor Franz should be max players. Now will they be in the future? Possible? 
But definitely not now

Franz has next season to see if he is max or not.... I'd bet on Franz all day long... betting on the fact that he is gonna get better and better...  

22 years of age... Franz is a STAR FOR SJRE... 

19 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Franz has next season to see if he is max or not.... I'd bet on Franz all day long... betting on the fact that he is gonna get better and better...  

22 years of age... Franz is a STAR FOR SJRE... 

Yeah.  Wouldn’t get down on Franz for one game.  

Team was all amped up for the game and the adrenaline was running high for the first 20 minutes or so.  When that wore off, they had nothing left in the tank.  That is something they can learn from.  

I hope you’re right about AB and Jett but at this point you certainly can’t count on either one.  

16 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

give it a rest mate. they are kids 

OKC is actually younger than us.

Hard to swallow because we could have won this series, but I'm proud of all of our guys anyway, they've exceeded expectations for sure. Lesson learned in this series will help them in the future, being up 18 in game 7 and lose it's a hard lesson for sure, but that's what happen when you lose the right focus and cohesion.

Now it's time for FO to make the right moves, without further indecisions.

I like everyone here thinks the future is bright and this was actually the best realistic outcome. 

WHY?

Because I think realistically we're getting swept 4-0 or 4-1 to the Celtics. I don't think the Cavs have a prayer against them. So by losing in Game 7 of a close series - that hurts more than winning and then getting absolutely torched. The guys will work harder this offseason because the sting was greater. And they'll come back stronger because of it. 

Separate note, can we start a Magic Offseason Thread? Discussing what's on the docket for the offseason, what contracts are up, who are potential FA signings, etc? 

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

OKC is actually younger than us.

Hard to swallow because we could have won this series, but I'm proud of all of our guys anyway, they've exceeded expectations for sure. Lesson learned in this series will help them in the future, being up 18 in game 7 and lose it's a hard lesson for sure, but that's what happen when you lose the right focus and cohesion.

Now it's time for FO to make the right moves, without further indecisions.

Big difference between us and OKC is Shai is 25 and just finished his 6th year in the league. When Paolo is that experienced we should be title contenders

12 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Separate note, can we start a Magic Offseason Thread? Discussing what's on the docket for the offseason, what contracts are up, who are potential FA signings, etc? 

Yep, will build and Pin now

ALMOST DONE BUT NOT DONE 

COULD HAVE BEEN DONE BY WINNING 1 MORE GAME DURING THE REGULAR SEASON WHICH WOULD HAVE EARN US THE TIE BREAKER VS CLEVELAND. GAME 7 COULD EASILY WOULD HAVE BEEN A HOME GAME. MAGIC LOST 4 OF THE LAST REGULAR SEASON GAMES....THE HURT ONE VS CHARLOTTE

IT'S NOT WHAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY.....IT'S WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN FOR THIS TEAM (SPECIALLY PAOLO) IF WE WOULD'VE WON AND FACE THE BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE IN THE SEMI-FINAL SERIES.

THE FLIP SIDE OF THIS COIN IS THAT BY WINNING 3 PLAYOFF GAMES ALMOST GUARANTEES THAT A GOOD OR VERY GOOD OR A STAR CAN BECOME A MAGIC PLAYER OR 2 AS SOON AS JUNE 30. THE FORESEEABLE 1ST ROUNDERS ARE GOING TO COME ON THE CHEAP. LATE 1ST ROUNDERS

AND THE MAGIC HAVE A LOT OF FLEXIBILITY CAP SPEAKING. THE FO WITHOUT ANY DOUBT HAVE POSITIONED THIS TEAM FOR THE NEXT 3 TO 5 YEARS AT LEAST. 

6 hours ago, Jamesdin said:

hope he gives us discount to get more help.

That’s not how rookie extensions typically work.  Why would a young player give a discount like that?  This is his first big contract.  Its the “fun max” not the scary max.

5 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

That’s not how rookie extensions typically work.  Why would a young player give a discount like that?  This is his first big contract.  Its the “fun max” not the scary max.

Fun max nowadays are north of 35M/yr. 
His last showing surely won’t guarantee that specially knowing how Weltham works. Probably 25-30M for him and similar deal but “slightly”lower for Suggs.