Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Playoff Thread

I still can’t believe the MN and IND runs. Their GMs deserve major credit for building those rosters, including taking big risks and making good picks.

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I still can’t believe the MN and IND runs. Their GMs deserve major credit for building those rosters, including taking big risks and making good picks.

Imagine if we made a Siakam like trade at the deadline instead of twiddling our thumbs. We’d probably still be playing :). Good on Indy for taking advantage, but man they’ve had a lot of luck with other teams injuries to get to where they’re at. Bucks without Giannis and Lillard. Knicks with like nobody healthy. 

Minnesota is different. Incredible build and they’re gonna be contenders for a long time. I’m hoping we take note of the risks they’ve taken with vets to fill weaknesses and how it could benefit a young core.

23 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Imagine if we made a Siakam like trade at the deadline instead of twiddling our thumbs. We’d probably still be playing :). Good on Indy for taking advantage, but man they’ve had a lot of luck with other teams injuries to get to where they’re at. Bucks without Giannis and Lillard. Knicks with like nobody healthy. 

Minnesota is different. Incredible build and they’re gonna be contenders for a long time. I’m hoping we take note of the risks they’ve taken with vets to fill weaknesses and how it could benefit a young core.

I think we are better than Indiana.  They got a lot of health luck IMO.  If Mitchell missed two games in our series we would have one that one also.  Really only  Boston was obviously  better in the east.    I do agree a minor move for a better gaurd would have helped us as instead of standing pat though.  I hope we get our gaurd this summer.  That’s all we need at this point.

I think Minnesota should be the favorite now right?  They would be a tough matchup for Boston in The Finals.  Such a strange era for The NBA.  Haven’t had a back to back champion since The KD Warriors.  It makes me think we have a chance as Magic Fans to final win a ring.

8 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

I think we are better than Indiana.  They got a lot of health luck IMO.  If Mitchell missed two games in our series we would have one that one also.  Really only  Boston was obviously  better in the east.    I do agree a minor move for a better gaurd would have helped us as instead of standing pat though.  I hope we get our gaurd this summer.  That’s all we need at this point.

I think Minnesota should be the favorite now right?  They would be a tough matchup for Boston in The Finals.  Such a strange era for The NBA.  Haven’t had a back to back champion since The KD Warriors.  It makes me think we have a chance as Magic Fans to final win a ring.

we are better than Indiana 110%

also we are better than the timberwolves or exactly on that level as of next season... MARK MY WORDS!

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

we are better than Indiana 110%

also we are better than the timberwolves or exactly on that level as of next season... MARK MY WORDS!

I love Paolo, but he's not Anthony Edwards. We'll be there, but we need an elite scoring guard before we can start talking Championship. My goal next year is ECF. I think it's going to be some time to get by Boston (and even a healthy Philly) and I don't think we're beating MN, DEN, OKC in a series yet. A lot of things have to go our way to get to this next level and I'm someone who truly believes this group is special. 

AB IS THE ANSWER I DON'T CARE FOR WHAT NO NAYSAYERS SAY HERE...

WATCH THIS KID BE AMAZING 

3 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

I love Paolo, but he's not Anthony Edwards. We'll be there, but we need an elite scoring guard before we can start talking Championship. My goal next year is ECF. I think it's going to be some time to get by Boston (and even a healthy Philly) and I don't think we're beating MN, DEN, OKC in a series yet. A lot of things have to go our way to get to this next level and I'm someone who truly believes this group is special. 

Paolo is gonna be on Edwards level... be already is nearly..  we are contenders for championships as of next season 

I love the optimism as always (I refer to the fact that we're surely better than Indiana, not to you Jay this time :) ) but optimism alone doesn't win a title. Talking about the ring, NBA has been really different recently, that's what... 6 years in a row with different winners? And not always the usual big markets. Rules change has make it more open for everyone, hope we've enough to finally get there.

8 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

This is why I believe we need another high level elite talent at gaurd. We can’t compete with the top 3-5 teams yet with out more talent like you said  

Paolo had 38 Pts 16 Rebs in a game 7. Edwards went 6-24 (very Kobe like against Boston) for 16 Pts in his game 7 against the now former champs. That was very much a team win for Minnesota not Edwards going crazy.

My point is The Wolves players stepped up to help their star who had a bad shooting game. The Magic players disappeared but Paolo shined bright. He needs help like Edwards has on his team.