Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Playoff Thread

8 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Would not have called the Cavs winning one in the road

This is also a shock to me. Cavs have no chance against us at home. The way they obliterate the celts on the road makes me think we really is advance to the party. More repetition and we'll be contending. 

Initially after Game 7, I was all about seeing the Cavs swept by Boston… but after last night, the more they win, the better it makes the Magic look?

A lot of interest for playoffs! :P

Still in love with Aaron. And watching a few games here and there, we don't only lack a PG, or shooting, but a lot of IQ too. I know that Paolo and Franz will learn with time and experience, limiting turnovers, making the smart play, finding the right teammate in the right moment... but still, we'll need more. Playoffs series are a result of a long list of important details. (13a 0t games, that's what a MVP does, even if sometimes look as slow as Ingles!)

Man, screw the Cavs. Mitchell plays like prime Jordan against us and then *****es out with a sore calf in a 2-1 series where they have momentum to make it a series. Boston has the easiest path to the Finals possibly ever.

Lively was a guy I wanted at 11 last year. The kid has exceeded my expectations in the playoffs. They don't win this series without him. He would've been a perfect fit with Paolo, Franz and Suggs. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Shine88 said:

Lively was a guy I wanted at 11 last year. The kid has exceeded my expectations in the playoffs. They don't win this series without him. He would've been a perfect fit with Paolo, Franz and Suggs. 

+1. I believe we fell into the fallacy of “we already have guys at that position.”

47 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

+1. I believe we fell into the fallacy of “we already have guys at that position.”

I actually think this is a case of hindsight being 20/20. WCJ had just had a really good year, Mo had been very productive, Goga had shown good ability and JI had started to get healthy. It’s easy to see why we passed on Lively in favor of a position of “need”.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jason Funderburker said:

one thing I appreciate about the Knicks Pacers matchup is both of these teams made significant trades around the deadline and are now one win away from the conference finals

That’s one thing that shouldn’t go unnoticed.. All the teams that made adjustments and were aggressive got awarded with deep playoff runs

Dallas - after the deadline i said they are going to the finals)

Indiana - obviously betted on Siakam

Knicks - saved their season

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

one thing I appreciate about the Knicks Pacers matchup is both of these teams made significant trades around the deadline and are now one win away from the conference finals

Also, Gobert and Kyrie were moves that were panned by the media but turned out great.