Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Playoff Thread

3 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Wow what a shocking series this has been. I agree I think The Ant era has arrived.  If they eliminate Denver I am rooting for Ant the rest of the way. That kid has no fear whatsoever.  

Agreed. I’m here in Denver and the Nuggs are my 2nd team, but they got their one ring, and I don’t recognize the team that played last night from top to bottom.

I’ve always had a soft spot for the TWolves since they’re our sister team and we were expansion teams at the same time. It would be great to see them win because it would make it seem real for us to start to dream that way again after this long, long dark period.

57 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Last night going the way it did for the Nuggets is even more validation for me in being ok with us getting out in game 7 of a dogfight series in a dogfight game with this current version of our team. I think it’s better for the team long term to have that small glimpse into our current squad on the national landscape. The strengths were shown and so were the weaknesses and we don’t have to run into playing Boston on TNT, ESPN and ABC with a friendly whistle and potentially getting swept or out in 5 in a non-competitive series while all the pundits bad mouth us on national television for all the casual basketball fans to see.

I know some folks won’t agree, and it even feels strange for me to say, and while I’d do almost anything for the Magic to play year round, I’m almost happy to end this season on a cumulative high.

This is exactly how i feel too!! 

This has been the perfect season, for our stage of the process.. 

It would have had no benefit to get a beat down by the celtics and if we were in a dogfight with the Celtics it would have probably masked our weaknesses..

So the Cavs series was just the best outcome for our internal growth. Players saw what their limitations are and they will work on that. And the front office and coach already talking about our biggest weakness: shooting. The difference from past seasons, is that they have seen were the limits are and possibly more willingly open to pull the trigger on a trade (Simons) or get great FA in the Building (Monk,..) 

Now everybody rightfully talked about our special chemistry, so i still expect them to be cautious and therefore i don’t think they will bring in an Alpha (Klay, PG, Trae) who will mess up the hierarchy.. This is Paolos and Franz Team! 

8 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Agreed. I’m here in Denver and the Nuggs are my 2nd team, but they got their one ring, and I don’t recognize the team that played last night from top to bottom.

I’ve always had a soft spot for the TWolves since they’re our sister team and we were expansion teams at the same time. It would be great to see them win because it would make it seem real for us to start to dream that way again after this long, long dark period.

I worked in the Ball center the first Wolves/Nuggets game. Crowd was hype, i wasn't there the second game i bet they were stunned.

Also the Magics season was lit! Very happy with the seven game series with a good cavs team. The players learned alot,Paolo looks like the guy and management knows what we need!

Tyrese Haliburton was a non-factor offensively in the Pacers’ tight loss to the Knicksduring Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals on Monday. Haliburton had just six points and committed three turnovers. The Pacers advanced past the Bucks in the opening round, even though their star guard shot 43.5% from the field and 29.6% on 3-point attempts, Brian Lewis of the New York Post notes.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com

Worth noting that Tyrese, like Franz, has also struggled in the playoffs. It happens, especially when guys are super young and still learning. I'm super excited about the direction of our team.

• Like 1

The brokenness of the officiating in this league has been on display this postseason. Between our game 7 and then watching the Wolves/Nuggets game 2 it was like watching 2 different sports just based on how the games were getting called and the physicality some crews allow and others nitpick. It’s a major problem that there’s no consistency between game to game on how the refs are gonna call it on any given night. Only sport where the guys in the stripes can fully dictate who wins and who loses any given night 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

The brokenness of the officiating in this league has been on display this postseason. Between our game 7 and then watching the Wolves/Nuggets game 2 it was like watching 2 different sports just based on how the games were getting called and the physicality some crews allow and others nitpick. It’s a major problem that there’s no consistency between game to game on how the refs are gonna call it on any given night. Only sport where the guys in the stripes can fully dictate who wins and who loses any given night 

Exactly     even if You say "well, they call it the same for both teams."   How can a team be allowed to play very physical one night and penalized the next?  Conversely, how can a less physical team play well one night, then get beat to hell the next?   Whatever way the league wants the choice to go, Needs to be consistent across games, not just within a game.  

18 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Outside of Denver there are no teams left who have won in the playoffs, and Denver is down 2-0. With how Brunson is playing I think the knicks could actually win the title

definitely not.. its a shame we never got the Bucks coz we'd of made the East finals this season..

Brunson a baller though 

5 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Outside of Denver there are no teams left who have won in the playoffs, and Denver is down 2-0. With how Brunson is playing I think the knicks could actually win the title

Anthony Edwards would like to say hello to Mr Brunson.  He hasn’t lost a game yet against much better competition. If Denver is out it will probably come down to Minnesota and Boston. 

6 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I don’t see any way Boston doesn’t win the East. The Knicks are doing a hell of a job taking advantage of the easy schedule they’ve been granted, but all these guys playing big minutes for them every night are gonna lose gas. I’m pulling hard for the Wolves. It’d be about time one of us from the 89 expansion wins it all!

• Like 1