Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

20 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I think those of us on the board are the only ones who actually thought it was almost happening lol

Y’all remember 2 years later when that guy was on here claiming to have personal contact with Dwight, and how he just wanted all the fans to know that he was tryna get management to get player X, Y, and Z here so we could compete, and how he didn’t wanna leave at all? Lmao

EDIT: I think it was actually the year after idk

12 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

974 pages and 11683 replies should tell us that was on fire for more than 48 hours! :P

I read the first few pages. So sad that so many from back then are no longer on the board. 

• Upvote 1

https://bleacherreport.com/videos/449477-paolo-banchero-joins-nba-tv-crew

i love this last statement from Banchero.. Talks about simplifying the game, doing the right things and not forcing scoring on every play. 

It tells me that he is well mature! He will be a monster in the NBA

He will only continue to get better and playing winning basketball instead of individual success!

1 hour ago, orlandoholic said:

https://bleacherreport.com/videos/449477-paolo-banchero-joins-nba-tv-crew

i love this last statement from Banchero.. Talks about simplifying the game, doing the right things and not forcing scoring on every play. 

It tells me that he is well mature! He will be a monster in the NBA

He will only continue to get better and playing winning basketball instead of individual success!

I'm so glad Paolo is in these buildings watching the finals and what he said about Joker making the right basketball play every time down really fills me with hope.

I was watching some of his highlights yesterday and while it's undeniable he's got the bag to be a great scorer, I think he's a better passer than he showed at times last season. So often on those highlights he's got guys draped all over him and he makes a tough layup or a tough jumper which is awesome for the highlight reel but on most of those he's also got a team mate wide open that he's missing (and not just bad shooters but guys like Cole, Gary Harris, Franz). In year two if he can just take what the defense is giving a little more I think he could up his assists considerably while also improving his efficiency by not forcing so much. And then the threat of the pass can open up easier scoring opportunities also because teams will hesitate to double him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm getting dejavu from this comment but: 

Washington might blow it up with a new front office. They've got a couple (non Beal or Porzingis) guys i think might be decent bench guys if they can be had for cheap (Kispert, Monte Morris).

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm so glad Paolo is in these buildings watching the finals and what he said about Joker making the right basketball play every time down really fills me with hope.

I was watching some of his highlights yesterday and while it's undeniable he's got the bag to be a great scorer, I think he's a better passer than he showed at times last season. So often on those highlights he's got guys draped all over him and he makes a tough layup or a tough jumper which is awesome for the highlight reel but on most of those he's also got a team mate wide open that he's missing (and not just bad shooters but guys like Cole, Gary Harris, Franz). In year two if he can just take what the defense is giving a little more I think he could up his assists considerably while also improving his efficiency by not forcing so much. And then the threat of the pass can open up easier scoring opportunities also because teams will hesitate to double him.

Yes !!! Reason why, got to draft wings that cut, slash, shoot....important that they are athletic or better yet supper athletic. NOT PG's or C's !!!!

For reference, the Kings has the best team team rating at 118.6. Markelle is elite in the pick-n-roll and basically makes the right decision every time. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am begging Mosely to run some Paolo at 5 lineups this season. There are some really stiff backup bigs in the league that it'd be laughable to try and watch guard Paolo on the perimeter.

20 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I am begging Mosely to run some Paolo at 5 lineups this season. There are some really stiff backup bigs in the league that it'd be laughable to try and watch guard Paolo on the perimeter.

Did Paolo grow more over the last year?? Love the idea of running him at the 5, though he's not a particularly great interior defender or rebounder, which would concern me on the defensive side. 

17 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Did Paolo grow more over the last year?? Love the idea of running him at the 5, though he's not a particularly great interior defender or rebounder, which would concern me on the defensive side. 

Might just be a perspective thing to be honest. Hard to know unless he himself confirms he's grown. 

And yea I don't think he could do it full time or anything but in short spurts against immobile backup bigs or bench units without dynamic scorers. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Might just be a perspective thing to be honest. Hard to know unless he himself confirms he's grown. 

And yea I don't think he could do it full time or anything but in short spurts against immobile backup bigs or bench units without dynamic scorers. 

no it’s definitely perspective.. Banchero was interviewed by the crew and there was the topic height.. Nobody mentioned Paolo Banchero being same height as Jokic, nor did Paolo say so.. They basically said Jokic is tall for most centers, just like Paolo is tall for most Guards/wings