Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

This is true, but we started 5-20 with really bad injury luck and went 29-28 the rest of the way. If we were healthy there's a reasonable chance we go something more like 12-13 those first 25.

We've also been pretty healhy for the rest of the season after those 25 games, it's not like we had a terrible season on that front, average I would say. Every team has injuries, so I don't really buy that theory, the record is what we are. Especially considering FO has been overly cautious with Fultz in those games (remember: he was expected to only miss preseason or a few regular season games) and didn't even bothered to find a PG to save the start of the season.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

We've also been pretty healhy for the rest of the season after those 25 games, it's not like we had a terrible season on that front, average I would say. Every team has injuries, so I don't really buy that theory, the record is what we are. Especially considering FO has been overly cautious with Fultz in those games (remember: he was expected to only miss preseason or a few regular season games) and didn't even bothered to find a PG to save the start of the season.

Pretty sure we were 2nd in the league in games lost due to injury. 

On 4/12/2023 at 10:53 PM, fan for too long 2 said:

Jonathan Isaac has more upside than any free agent this year or maybe the next five. Give this guy the summer to really get in peak shape and the sky is the limit for him and this team. If he doesn’t come back healthy and ready for 30 plus minutes a game, then cut the ties and let him go. This summer is make it or break it for JI. 

+10

On 4/12/2023 at 10:54 PM, JJZFL said:

It will be interesting to see how things play out next season when there are actually some expectations.  I think people will not be so accepting if the team fails to make the playoffs again.  And other teams may take the Magic more seriously.   Will we take that next step, or will we fold?   It’s going to be interesting to watch.  I don’t feel confident enough to make a prediction either way.  

cough cough... here i come hahaha

I keep thinking about FVV. I’m a fan but not a huge fan. However, what I can’t get out of my mind is the WeltHam connection and the belief that he’d immediately upgrade our guard position and help us take that next step into the playoffs. A starting backcourt of Fultz and FVV has appeal and hedges our bets against injury.

5 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I keep thinking about FVV. I’m a fan but not a huge fan. However, what I can’t get out of my mind is the WeltHam connection and the belief that he’d immediately upgrade our guard position and help us take that next step into the playoffs. A starting backcourt of Fultz and FVV has appeal and hedges our bets against injury.

In that scenario, I’m guessing we don’t pick up Gary’s option. Would be a 4 guard rotation of Fultz/Suggs/Cole/Fred with all capable of playing both guard spots and all capable of playing with one another. I don’t hate the idea of FVV if the contract length and money are right, I just fear if we bring him here he’s gonna want the Brinks truck and he’s not worth it, especially at his age.

25 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Too old for me

i hear you on this!!! same.

wish he was like 2 years younger.

he be absolutely insane here

22 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

the more i think of it... that back court would be fantastic. fred is a absolute sniper. imagine him being off the ball more. depends what it cost. would have to be a sign n trade situation id imagine.