Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

With all due respect, bull****. Plenty of people disagree with people on a daily basis. Isaac decided to publicly alienate himself from his teammates, is using it to put himself on a pedestal above them and is using it to sell books and now clothing. He’s not a martyr, he’s a sellout. 

He's an NBA basketball player, standing or not standing is going to be public whether he wants it to be or not. What you're essentially demanding of him is to set his own views and beliefs aside and literally pretend like he supports a cause that he does not. He literally had two options and he went with the one that actually represented his views. Going against his views would've made him a sellout, you have things reversed. I can tell you that there are MANY black people that want nothing to do with BLM. JI is hardly alone here.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

He's an NBA basketball player, standing or not standing is going to be public whether he wants it to be or not. What you're essentially demanding of him is to set his own views and beliefs aside and literally pretend like he supports a cause that he does not. He literally had two options and he went with the one that actually represented his views. Going against his views would've made him a sellout, you have things reversed. I can tell you that there are MANY black people that want nothing to do with BLM. JI is hardly alone here.

I respect your opinion, and his, but he did significantly more than just stand while everyone else knelt. 

With that being said, I will not be posting or responding to anymore posts on Jonathan Isaac until he plays basketball in a Magic uniform again. Too divisive of a subject and a waste of energy for all of us arguing about it

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

With all due respect, bull****. Plenty of people disagree with people on a daily basis. Isaac decided to publicly alienate himself from his teammates, is using it to put himself on a pedestal above them and is using it to sell books and now clothing. He’s not a martyr, he’s a sellout. 

Why are you speaking for his teammates? I haven’t seen anything suggesting this.

• Upvote 2

My thinking on Isaak is trade that contract while he still has value to teams looking to cut him to save a boatload of money. He has no value as a basketball player. I don’t know how anyone could see it any other way considering how he only played 11 minutes a game in 11 games.  We all feel bad for him but the time is now to move on period. He could be a big part of a trade to get us an actual contributor back. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MagicMan1979 said:

My thinking on Isaak is trade that contract while he still has value to teams looking to cut him to save a boatload of money. He has no value as a basketball player. I don’t know how anyone could see it any other way considering how he only played 11 minutes a game in 11 games.  We all feel bad for him but the time is now to move on period. He could be a big part of a trade to get us an actual contributor back. 

Yes, I hope he gets healthy, but I agree this is probably the wisest course of action.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

i don’t quite understand.. 

So the concept is that somehow a player who only played 11 minutes a game in 11 games in 2 years or so, that you want to get rid of because of that fact, magically can get us an actual contributor back? 

I don’t understand this at all. I mean, realistically his contract can only be seen as dead weight and we’d have to probably attach draft capital to get rid of that contract.. 

No we either believe in his potential or we have to straight up cut him. 

5 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

So the concept is that somehow a player who only played 11 minutes a game in 11 games in 2 years or so, that you want to get rid of because of that fact, magically can get us an actual contributor back? 

I don’t understand this at all. I mean, realistically his contract can only be seen as dead weight and we’d have to probably attach draft capital to get rid of that contract.. 

He's partially guaranteed. He can be cut for a cap amount of $7m ish. So he could offer relief to a tax team. I.e. they trade us stuff amounting to $17m, we send them back Isaac and they cut him and save $10m. 

EDIT: people are up voting this, I already commented this further down the thread but: 

This isn't actually possible. Isaac only counts as his guaranteed amount in trades until his contract is guaranteed. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

He's partially guaranteed. He can be cut for a cap amount of $7m ish. So he could offer relief to a tax team. I.e. they trade us stuff amounting to $17m, we send them back Isaac and they cut him and save $10m. 

and the players we get back are going to be of some kind of value? 

which teams looking for that kind of cap relief? 

I mean, yeah if that is a possibility i wouldn’t be opposed to that. Although i’d find it strange that they would have committed that money throughout his injury and in a healthy off season they’d decide to trade him?

Im giving him another season to see how his body responds. After that i’m making the decision to let go or keep him! 

Because keep in mind. Even in limited minutes and action he has truly been a game changer on defense for this team. 

3 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

and the players we get back are going to be of some kind of value? 

which teams looking for that kind of cap relief? 

I mean, yeah if that is a possibility i wouldn’t be opposed to that. Although i’d find it strange that they would have committed that money throughout his injury and in a healthy off season they’d decide to trade him?

Im giving him another season to see how his body responds. After that i’m making the decision to let go or keep him! 

Because keep in mind. Even in limited minutes and action he has truly been a game changer on defense for this team. 

I just looked into it anyway and this isn't actually true. Because Isaac is guaranteed 7.6m he only counts at 7.6m against the cap in trades and therefore this isn't actually possible. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

I just looked into it anyway and this isn't actually true. Because Isaac is guaranteed 7.6m he only counts at 7.6m against the cap in trades and therefore this isn't actually possible. 

nice effort to clarify

2 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

This has been written about many times. His contract can be waived by a certain date and will save the team money. The idea has been you include him with an actual valuable asset (players or draft picks) for a good player with a large contract.  There are a lot of teams that want to slash salary. The New CBA is coming and it’s a game changer for these teams. I highly recommend  familiarising your self with what happens when The New CBA kicks in next year.  

1 hour ago, MagicMan1979 said:

This has been written about many times. His contract can be waived by a certain date and will save the team money. The idea has been you include him with an actual valuable asset (players or draft picks) for a good player with a large contract.  There are a lot of teams that want to slash salary. The New CBA is coming and it’s a game changer for these teams. I highly recommend  familiarising your self with what happens when The New CBA kicks in next year.  

in theory that sounds good.. Please make an example though.. I don’t see a realistic scenario that would work.. 

Its not like we can trade for Simons or any other player that would help us.. 

we are probably talking about trading for Nurkic or somebody in that category, which i’d oppose