Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

11 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’m not going to get too deep into personal political beliefs because I don’t feel it’s appropriate as a moderator on this forum. However, I will say Isaac making his platform he decides to stand on one of not supporting his teammates is disappointing. I wish he’d stop playing politics and get his ass back on the court for more than a handful of games every few seasons.

He has his right to live and promote whatever he wants, no matter what anyone on here thinks, but I will echo that this somewhat rubs me the wrong way - regardless of my personal positions - because it hasn't felt like he's prioritized getting healthy, supporting his teammates, or living up to his contract as he has promoting his brand and its agenda. 

Should he play 70+ games next year with meaningful minutes as a contributor to our playoff team, I may feel differently. 

30 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

He has his right to live and promote whatever he wants, no matter what anyone on here thinks, but I will echo that this somewhat rubs me the wrong way - regardless of my personal positions - because it hasn't felt like he's prioritized getting healthy, supporting his teammates, or living up to his contract as he has promoting his brand and its agenda. 

Should he play 70+ games next year with meaningful minutes as a contributor to our playoff team, I may feel differently. 

I wish we would trade him while his non guaranteed contract has value for teams looking to cut salary. That contract is perfect for teams like Golden State who need to shed salary before The New CBA kicks in next year. 

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

I might be reading too much into this, but I get the vibe he’s pushing his off the court career so hard because he knows there’s a chance his NBA career is over.

20 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I might be reading too much into this, but I get the vibe he’s pushing his off the court career so hard because he knows there’s a chance his NBA career is over.

Which is what anyone in his position should do. He has had bad luck when it comes to injuries and who knows when his basketball career ends. As far as his political views, he can have whatever views he wants, we do live in a country where there is the FIRST amendment. 

at least for now. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’m not going to get too deep into personal political beliefs because I don’t feel it’s appropriate as a moderator on this forum. However, I will say Isaac making his platform he decides to stand on one of not supporting his teammates is disappointing. I wish he’d stop playing politics and get his ass back on the court for more than a handful of games every few seasons.

His teammates are doing something he doesn't believe in or support, he should be commended for this not criticized. Far too many people going with the crowd these days, especially public figures, I'm glad some people don't let it phase them and literally stand up for what they believe is right.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Interesting rumor out there saying the Spurs may sign FVV to help with Victor’s transition to the NBA.

How does this help his transition? Just like... veteran locker room leadership? 

10 hours ago, Evergreen said:

His teammates are doing something he doesn't believe in or support, 

That thing: playing basketball.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Evergreen said:

His teammates are doing something he doesn't believe in or support, he should be commended for this not criticized. Far too many people going with the crowd these days, especially public figures, I'm glad some people don't let it phase them and literally stand up for what they believe is right.

boom! +1