Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

2 hours ago, Oveido Voodoo said:

Yeah... what do you think it would take for Nets to let him go?

I like him a lot also but think he will get paid a ton. This isn’t the best free agent year. So since he’s restricted a team like The Magic would have to probably  give him 20 million a year. That seems like too much considering our two best players play his position.  

8 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Well that was the icing on the cake of the Jaylen Brown doo doo showing from the whole playoffs, and count me out on giving any assets up to pay him the max.

That might have been it for me as well. I was all for going after him but that’s some shakey ball handling. SVG kept point out on the broadcast the guy gets in major trouble going left. 

I didn't get to watch the game but i'll look at the highlights. Just remember in last years finals Brown looked like one of the best players on either team. That said, the guy has flaws.

18 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

As far as trades go for us there are some interesting rumors.  Several websites have talked about these guys recently. They all have warts for sure though so don’t shoot the messenger. The Three Players that have been suggested the most are:

1. Jordan Poole- hasn’t been the same since “The Punch.”

2. Tyler Herro- Heat are on a run without him.

3.  Zach Lavine- Big contract and major injury issues.

Because most of these guys are distressed assets Orlando could get them pretty easily in my opinion. My question is do we even want them and at what price?

I've suggested the first two and I'd still want them. Our team could easily cover for their defensive deficiencies. I'd even take Lavine as an all-offense guy.

Watching these playoffs, a lot of times it's just about chucking 3s. Denver had killers like Murray — who I badly wanted during his draft — and Porter Jr.

17 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

I like him a lot also but think he will get paid a ton. This isn’t the best free agent year. So since he’s restricted a team like The Magic would have to probably  give him 20 million a year. That seems like too much considering our two best players play his position.  

I’d anticipate Franz playing SG and we’d have a versatile Forward formation that can switch anything anywhere.. 

PG: Fultz, C. Anthony

SG: F. Wagner, Suggs

SF: C. Johnson, Au. Thompson, Houstan

PF: Banchero, Isaac, Okeke, BolBol

C: WCJ, Lively, Bitadze

4 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I've suggested the first two and I'd still want them. Our team could easily cover for their defensive deficiencies. I'd even take Lavine as an all-offense guy.

Watching these playoffs, a lot of times it's just about chucking 3s. Denver had killers like Murray — who I badly wanted during his draft — and Porter Jr.

I think we could get any them for one pick, Isaak’s contract and a guard out if the group of (Cole, Suggs, or Harris).  

5 hours ago, hootie249 said:

I didn't get to watch the game but i'll look at the highlights. Just remember in last years finals Brown looked like one of the best players on either team. That said, the guy has flaws.

He looked so bad last night. 8 turnovers and several were unforced if you saw it live it would definitely give you a scare. I think he is top 20-25 still though. 

Yeah... he is probably worth every penny to the right team.

I think we need another wing player or 6'5 and up ... who can also play against the faster 2 players defensively... and knock down open 3s ...

I wonder why there aren't very many players who can do that?

5 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

I think we could get any them for one pick, Isaak’s contract and a guard out if the group of (Cole, Suggs, or Harris).  

The market is still high for players considering the Rudy Gobert trade. Unless we're looking at multiple picks and young assets, I must think the asks are going to be too high unless the other side really is in desperate need of moving the contract. I think all 3 would have those issues.