Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Ready for this? Paulo shot 3% from three in February. 3%. Then through all of March and into April, he shot 37+% from three. 

That's one helluva slump

He almost certainly stays with the Heat but honestly we should think about making a decent offer to Max Strus at like the MLE.

11 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

He almost certainly stays with the Heat but honestly we should think about making a decent offer to Max Strus at like the MLE.

With how he's played, I'm assuming he's going to command more than that unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

With how he's played, I'm assuming he's going to command more than that unfortunately. 

Yea maybe.

On 5/27/2023 at 5:00 PM, orlandoholic said:

Told you bro! Dortmund was gonna faint.. 

Hahaha, brother I immediately thought of our conversation. They were terrified from the start instead of having that killer instinct.

On 5/28/2023 at 8:57 AM, CTMagicUK said:

Couldn't be another player that plays well in playoffs and in the right environment, and then you regret the overpay? Top FO and scouts should be able to find undrafted or forgotten players in first place, not overpay them when it's already too late and risky.

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

Couldn't be another player that plays well in playoffs and in the right environment, and then you regret the overpay? Top FO and scouts should be able to find undrafted or forgotten players in first place, not overpay them when it's already too late and risky.

It's ok to sign free agents that aren't undrafted or bargains. 

Strus is a wing who can shoot. Those will always be valuable. 

Also, I suggested the MLE. That's a max of like 4 years $40ish million. 

On 5/27/2023 at 7:58 AM, orlandoholic said:

That’s going to be a thing.. But actually Harris is a pretty decent shooter.. I’d say we need to add a scoring threat and playmaker to that lineup. 

Teams are going to have to deal with 5 players who actually can playmake and break down defenses. That’s going to make us unique in a way imo

Also i think he’ll add better and effective shooting to his game. Banchero is going to be an unstoppable force. He already improved his shooting from college to the NBA. I think this off season he’ll become even better, as he doesn’t really have to add anything else to his repertoire (maybe down the road he could add a floater to his game)

Who do you think the Magic could ... realistically add this off season that could come in and help space the floor and what position do you see this happening at?

Can this be Jonathan Isaac coming in healthy?

Or Fultz working his tale off to add 3 pt range or does it need to be a trade or free agent?

4 hours ago, Oveido Voodoo said:

Who do you think the Magic could ... realistically add this off season that could come in and help space the floor and what position do you see this happening at?

Can this be Jonathan Isaac coming in healthy?

Or Fultz working his tale off to add 3 pt range or does it need to be a trade or free agent?

one of my favorite FA for this team would be Cameron Johnson.. 

• Upvote 2

As far as trades go for us there are some interesting rumors.  Several websites have talked about these guys recently. They all have warts for sure though so don’t shoot the messenger. The Three Players that have been suggested the most are:

1. Jordan Poole- hasn’t been the same since “The Punch.”

2. Tyler Herro- Heat are on a run without him.

3.  Zach Lavine- Big contract and major injury issues.

Because most of these guys are distressed assets Orlando could get them pretty easily in my opinion. My question is do we even want them and at what price?