Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Playoffs Thread

On 6/8/2023 at 7:24 PM, fan for too long 2 said:

Players with high basketball iq are way too undervalued if they can’t 360 dunk.

I’m talking to you WeHam. and most teams in the league. 

So many draft on potential they'll learn the game with athleticism and not on BB IQ and intangibles. Best example of this is Jokic.

You certainly need athletes but guys like JJ Redick, Austin Reaves, Grant Williams, and others have great value as needed role players on championship teams.  

13 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm happy for AG. 

I’m happy for the NBA, too. It’s nice to see a team like Denver, a new contender at that, rise to the top. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

I’m happy for the NBA, too. It’s nice to see a team like Denver, a new contender at that, rise to the top. 

I can't imagine the NBA will be very happy about this. Nikola Jokic is one of the best players in the world but from a marketability standpoint is subpar, similar to when Tim Duncan was winning with San Antonio. He's certainly not a bad ambassador for the game (humble, great BB IQ), but doesn't have flashy dunks or even a charismatic personality to bring in casual fans. 

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

I can't imagine the NBA will be very happy about this. Nikola Jokic is one of the best players in the world but from a marketability standpoint is subpar, similar to when Tim Duncan was winning with San Antonio. He's certainly not a bad ambassador for the game (humble, great BB IQ), but doesn't have flashy dunks or even a charismatic personality to bring in casual fans. 

I love Jokic’s game so much. He is one of the greatest passers of all time. Duncan is one of my favorites to watch ever as well. Unselfish team players.  But like most on here I have followed the sport my whole life.

• Upvote 1